+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

lildor10

May 20, 2021
Does anyone have experienced changing the test or oath date? How does the rescheduling work? Do they really delay to a very distant date if you want to reschedule?

Preet31

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Hello everyone, I had my oath on 7th April. Till now the last update on my tracker is on 16 February and oath still in progress. When they will closed my status and send me the certificate? Thank you in advance! Scarborough office

Reactions: GuyanaGirl

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I became a citizen today! Also asked for urgent processing for the citizenship certificate (with supporting docs) and the clerk assured me that she’ll mail the certificate tomorrow.

My wife took her oath on Apr 13 and received the certificate today (Apr 19). We didn’t ask for urgent processing for her, they just sent it pretty quick anyway.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Does anyone have experienced changing the test or oath date? How does the rescheduling work? Do they really delay to a very distant date if you want to reschedule?
They told me that it could be at least 2 months if I wanted to cancel and reschedule. I chose not to.

raaj051

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Just had my oath ceremony done this morning. Was about 1 hour.

Best of luck to everyone who are waiting to become citizens.
Congrats. Did u get your certificate because I have done my Oath in 4th of April and certificate still not received

sheida2

Nov 25, 2017
Hello guys! I’ve applied from Vancouver and finally yesterday I received the test invitation email!
I am outside Canada now and i want to know if i took the test outside Canada is a bad point for me? And what would be the difference in the procedure?
Does it take longer for further steps?
Is it better to come back to Vancouver and take the online test?
Thanks for helping me :)

Mari_8

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Costa Rica Destination city: Saskatoon
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
México
App. Filed.......
April 4
Doc's Request.
Gckey link: april 28. May 4: Schedule A and digital photo , pcc with initial application
AOR Received.
Aor1: April 27. Aor2:Jun 2 ECAS process. Official email AOR2: July 5
File Transfer...
May 15 VO México
Med's Request
May 1
Med's Done....
May 8. Med passed: May 9
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
November 21
VISA ISSUED...
December 12th
LANDED..........
January 31, 2018
Please help me guys i have only 24 hours to make my decision !
Can I take the online test outside Canada?
Yes, you can take the test outside Canada.

If you get your invitation and plan to take the test while you’re outside Canada, send an email to the address in the Eligibility section of your invitation.

In your email,

put “Outside Canada – Citizenship Test” in the subject line
in the body of your message, include
your full name
your application number
the start and end date for your test
We’ll contact you with your next steps after we receive your email. The problem is that you need to give them 24 hours to 48 hours, I don't know if you will have enough time for hearing from them. If you can't return ,I would send the message that they ask telling them that I'm outside canada and then j would do my test, I don't know until went you have time for doing the test, but the worst that can happen is that they make you to do the test again. Good luck!

Mari_8

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
México
App. Filed.......
April 4
Doc's Request.
Gckey link: april 28. May 4: Schedule A and digital photo , pcc with initial application
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 15 VO México
Med's Request
May 1
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
November 21
VISA ISSUED...
December 12th
LANDED..........
January 31, 2018
Can I take the online test outside Canada?
Yes, you can take the test outside Canada.

If you get your invitation and plan to take the test while you’re outside Canada, send an email to the address in the Eligibility section of your invitation.

In your email,

put “Outside Canada – Citizenship Test” in the subject line
in the body of your message, include
your full name
your application number
the start and end date for your test
We’ll contact you with your next steps after we receive your email. The problem is that you need to give them 24 hours to 48 hours, I don't know if you will have enough time for hearing from them. If you can't return ,I would send the message that they ask telling them that I'm outside canada and then j would do my test, I don't know until went you have time for doing the test, but the worst that can happen is that they make you to do the test again. Good luck!
If you are outside of Canada and you would like to take the Canadian citizenship knowledge test
from outside of Canada, please contact us IRCC.DNPNTCITScheduling-
PlanificationCITPTNRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca within 24 to 48 hours from the date of this notice and
indicate ‘’Outside Canada’’ in the subject line of the email. Provide your name, application number
and the start and end date for your online test in the text of your email. We’ll contact you with the
next steps after we receive your email.

Mari_8

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
México
App. Filed.......
April 4
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 15 VO México
Med's Request
May 1
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
November 21
VISA ISSUED...
December 12th
LANDED..........
January 31, 2018
Hello guys! I’ve applied from Vancouver and finally yesterday I received the test invitation email!
I am outside Canada now and i want to know if i took the test outside Canada is a bad point for me? And what would be the difference in the procedure?
Does it take longer for further steps?
Is it better to come back to Vancouver and take the online test?
Thanks for helping me :)
The difference is that they will squedule you a interview to know when you return to Canada, it's one step more and I don't know if that will slow down your application

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Please help me guys i have only 24 hours to make my decision !
Yes. They ask for an intimation by mail and ask you to click on in canada while taking test. I did that and all was OK. Got updated to complete test then after 20 days I get a mail asking if I am back in canada and if not then mail my return ticket..it's been 2 months since and no update ..maybe they are waiting for me to get back and then continue with the process.. so now I don't know If they are waiting for me to get back or is it just regular processing delays or time

Last edited:

theurn15

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Hello,
would you please help me?
I received GCMS with the following update:
ORGANIZATIONS & ENTITIES
ORGANIZATIONS & ENTITIES: 1
Created Date: 2020/06/19
Updated Date: 2022/03/16 (latest update)
Name: Telework
Type: Organization
Sub Type: Other
Other Sub Type Descrip: Telework
Effective Date: 2021/07/5

Created Date is even before I made my application! what does this mean?