+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

Sumit Edwards

Jun 21, 2017
you will get an email.
Thank you for your response. Makes me wonder, that I submitted in March, AOR June, BG completed in August and since then there are no updates. Hope I didn't accidentally delete any emails from them requesting for finger prints. Will wait and see for a while.

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
Thank you for your response. Makes me wonder, that I submitted in March, AOR June, BG completed in August and since then there are no updates. Hope I didn't accidentally delete any emails from them requesting for finger prints. Will wait and see for a while.
Usually they request fingerprint for background. That's what it seems to me. I guess your application is moving slow which is true for most of us.

Reactions: Sumit Edwards

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
Yes bud, December 3rd. Are you done with your Oath ceremony? Is one hour sufficient for it?
Done with oath yesterday & it was a beautiful ceremony. It takes a minimum of 2.5 hrs, I thought 1 hour was going to be sufficient but just to get you verified takes an hour. The judge is introduced & makes a short speech, then comes the main part. Oath is done & you can get a selfie with the Justice. Certificate takes about a week maybe more but guess what you are a citizen from that moment.

harsh101

Nov 28, 2021
Hi, I have this email too and it does not have the application number. I had submitted my application mid June 2021 and received an email like this on 19Oct 2021.
Will they send another email that would have the application number?
I had submitted the application through the online application so will I get an AOR letter or would I be just receiving the AOR email.
I have tried calling the helpline number but it does not connect to an agent.
Can someone please suggest what should I do?
Thanks

didigege

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
Done with oath yesterday & it was a beautiful ceremony. It takes a minimum of 2.5 hrs, I thought 1 hour was going to be sufficient but just to get you verified takes an hour. The judge is introduced & makes a short speech, then comes the main part. Oath is done & you can get a selfie with the Justice. Certificate takes about a week maybe more but guess what you are a citizen from that moment.
congratulations!
I see on FB pictures of people with scissors and other cutting their PR card, do we have to cut our PR during ceremony?
It scares me because I travel often for work, I wouldn’t like to cut mine.

buddied94

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
03-10-2017
Med's Request
20-03-2018
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
Interview........
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2018
All fields but the Citizenship Ceremony marked as completed as of November 27th 2021... have updated in spreadsheet and my signature

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
congratulations!
I see on FB pictures of people with scissors and other cutting their PR card, do we have to cut our PR during ceremony?
It scares me because I travel often for work, I wouldn’t like to cut mine.
Then you won’t get your citizenship, plain & simple. They explicitly ask to cut that card on camera in front of them.

They take your PR away yes but the catch is that they give you citizenship.

didigege

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
Then you won’t get your citizenship, plain & simple. They explicitly ask to cut that card on camera in front of them.

They take your PR away yes but the catch is that they give you citizenship.
Thanks for answering, I imagine that in that case once I got the certificate I can ask for an urgent passport