Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO Sidney + CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-03-2021
:( me here still didn't receive anything yet, not even the note, don't know why my application considers as complex..
I think IRCC really needs to change its definitions for a complex application.

Sammmmmy

Jan 3, 2021
I’m PNP from outside Canada, we haven’t checked our application status for around 2 months and just checked now. We just noticed that the Background Check part updated from “We are processing…” to “Your application is in progress.” Seems nothing much but I read somewhere that it is the next step, so I guess they are starting to process non-CEC applications again, or I hope so.

rara85

May 21, 2021
Hello friends, I got the treasured portal email today. I can’t believe it. I’ve been on implied status for almost 8 months waiting for BOWP and SOWP that still have not been approved. My spouse hasn’t been able to work since March. We’ve been stuck on eligibility review required since April. Last GCMS notes were from September 3 with no change, no update. Just when we were at rock bottom, losing hope, the golden email came. Gonna get a refund for those work permit apps!

ITA: February 14, 2021
AOR: March 15, 2021
VO: Vancouver to Edmonton to Vancouver
MEP: March 30, 2021
Bio: March 30
RCMP request for dependent: March 30
RCMP submitted April 12
ADR changed to N/A: April 27
GU1: October 7
GU2: October 27
1st portal email: IRCC Vancouver,
October 27
Replied: October 27

Stay strong, don’t lose hope, may everyone get theirs very soon!

Pmrt

Sep 13, 2021
Hello friends, I got the treasured portal email today. I can’t believe it. I’ve been on implied status for almost 8 months waiting for BOWP and SOWP that still have not been approved. My spouse hasn’t been able to work since March. We’ve been stuck on eligibility review required since April. Last GCMS notes were from September 3 with no change, no update. Just when we were at rock bottom, losing hope, the golden email came. Gonna get a refund for those work permit apps!

RCMP submitted April 12
October 27

Congratulations, why your wife hasn’t been able to work since March, didnt she apply for work permit extension. We are in the similar situation and wanted to make sure my spouse can continue her work after our visa expires. She is on open work permit Now.

Last edited:

Cahermimo

Oct 15, 2021
Hello everyone! I got my portal email yesterday! Strangely enough, the portal email came from Montreal!
also weird is that I am the secondary applicant (inland) and I got my portal email already but my common law partner hasn’t got it yet

Primary VO: Edmonton
Secondary VO: Vancouver
so here’s a little timeline:
AOR: March 18, 2021
MEP: April 12, 2021
GU1: some time in June?
GU2: Oct 15, 2021
GU3: Oct 25, 2021
Portal email: Oct 27, 2021

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hello everyone! I got my portal email yesterday! Strangely enough, the portal email came from Montreal!
also weird is that I am the secondary applicant (inland) and I got my portal email already but my common law partner hasn’t got it yet

Primary VO: Edmonton
Secondary VO: Vancouver
so here’s a little timeline:
AOR: March 18, 2021
MEP: April 12, 2021
GU1: some time in June?
GU2: Oct 15, 2021
GU3: Oct 25, 2021
Portal email: Oct 27, 2021
Weird things!

rara85

May 21, 2021
Congratulations, why your wife hasn’t been able to work since March, didnt she apply for work permit extension. We are in the similar situation and wanted to make sure my spouse can continue her work after our visa expires. She is on open work permit Now.
Because they were on a study permit when we applied, so couldn’t benefit from working while on implied status. In that case you have to wait for work permit (SOWP) to come through first. Our situation was tricky cause our permits expired two weeks after we applied for pr, so we were really depending on BOWP and SOWP. Pretty lame that IRCC never even looked at them because the whole purpose of those work permits are to not disrupt your life while you wait for pr decision, and our lives have sucked for the last 8 months. If your spouse already has a work permit they’ll be able to continue working on implied status, no need to worry. Just make sure you apply for pr before your current permits expire because that’s a condition of applying for BOWP/SOWP.

mangogo

Star Member
May 28, 2021

RCMP submitted April 12
October 27

Congratulations bro
Same office, hope they are working on my file