+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

******March 2021 AOR********

CaliChunks

Star Member
Jun 3, 2021
M scared that m gonna pass the six month in this month.
To be honest, you will. Looking at the current processing time it is more like 7 months (they are closing most Feb apps right now), then there is the afghan situation and they are in priority, in September they are also opening the border so all the temp visitor visa and the FSW-Outland that have been put on hold for over a year. Its going to be a long wait. I will be happy if something comes up within this year.

If you weren't amongst the lucky few who got their COPRs within 2-3 months and then if you still didn't get it by the 6 month mark then honestly just brace yourself for a very long wait.

Reactions: hoseinbaradaran

Harrysingh04

Aug 20, 2020
To be honest, you will. Looking at the current processing time it is more like 7 months (they are closing most Feb apps right now), then there is the afghan situation and they are in priority, in September they are also opening the border so all the temp visitor visa and the FSW-Outland that have been put on hold for over a year. Its going to be a long wait. I will be happy if something comes up within this year.
That processing time is nonsense too. Many people from 2020 have not got their PR yet.

Reactions: hoseinbaradaran

Ramannav

May 25, 2021

If you weren't amongst the lucky few who got their COPRs within 2-3 months and then if you still didn't get it by the 6 month mark then honestly just brace yourself for a very long wait.
:(:(

CaliChunks

Star Member
Jun 3, 2021
This has been the most prolonged mentally tiring time of my life.
I am in same situation like yu

I am in the same boat as well, what doesnt kill you only makes you stronger. Its a good life experience, from time to time we all gotta learn how to deal with situations that are beyond our control and adversities. It only makes you stronger in life. Besides that, the COPR when will come when its time.

Bottom line here is my take -you have to wait anyways, there is absolutely nothing else you can do. So either go live your life while you wait(friends, family, whatever you love to do....) OR wait and be stressed and drive yourself to the brink of craziness everyday.

Me personally, I love my life too much so I will always chose the 1st option :)

Harrysingh04

Aug 20, 2020
I am in the same boat as well, what doesnt kill you only makes you stronger. Its a good life experience, from time to time we all gotta learn how to deal with situations that are beyond our control and adversities. It only makes you stronger in life. Besides that, the COPR when will come when its time.

Bottom line here is my take -you have to wait anyways, there is absolutely nothing else you can do. So either go live your life while you wait(friends, family, whatever you love to do....) OR wait and be stressed and drive yourself to the brink of craziness everyday.

Me personally, I love my life too much so I will always chose the 1st option :)
I am trying to focus on other things as my job (I have told may times before) doesn't allow me to distract myself from my PR. Cant even leave my job I have an Employer specific work permit. I am trying to find other things that I can distract myself with.

CaliChunks

Star Member
Jun 3, 2021
I am trying to focus on other things as my job (I have told may times before) doesn't allow me to distract myself from my PR. Cant even leave my job I have an Employer specific work permit. I am trying to find other things that I can distract myself with.

Better find it quick brother, because the wait is not going to be ending anytime soon.

Reactions: Harrysingh04

canada2637

Star Member
Jul 30, 2021
I think we should create a topic like “what to do while waiting for your application’s updates”. For sure there will be a bunch of creative (and useful) ideas…

oddball2018

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
I'm very curious about what's happening with our files, even from a logistics standpoint.

Knowing my file, the only difficult point is my travel/tourist history in countries like China where security needs to tightly vet anyone with a connection there. My employer was a small business owner, which might be harder to verify.

I kinda get why the June/July applications are processed ahead. If they did it on a first-come, first-served basis, it would take longer because you'd get a backlog over a small amount of complex cases. I also suspect CIC haved upped their game for high profile applications (the TR to PR pathway and students).

I think the Conservatives election promise to offer expedited processing is a great idea but I can imagine it won't work because 90% will happily pay a large fee for a faster result.

I'm also not mad about the processing time (for now), CIC have made it very clear it takes 6 months during normal conditions. I know I'm low on the priority list and COVID has ruined an already weak system.

What am I more mad about is the lack of transparency. Both the website and agents say everything is available on the online application status page. But it really doesn't get updated other than vague ghost updates.

While it looks more efficient for CIC to cut out the transparency aspects like the status bar, it makes it worse for them because we naturally start ordering GCMS notes and calling them up.

Reactions: CaliChunks

PD1984

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
March 2,2021
AOR Received.
March 2,2021
Any 1stMarch -6th March (6months mark reached) still waiting? What is your aor and timeline?
AOR- 2 March, no any updates yet. Medical passed, rest everything is in the process.

Ramannav

May 25, 2021
I can’t even leave my job but m gonna take one month off in October hope i will get my copr before that.