Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
March 2,2021
AOR Received.
March 2,2021
Same here. But they asked me to submit some additional documents which i did three weeks ago and still waiting. The status is still the same since april 5
What additional documents did you submit?

EdiCavani07

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
Hey guys. I find that I made a mistake in ordering GCMS notes. I submitted my request under the ACCESS TO INFO ACT instead of under the PRIVACY ACT. The former act shall be used to check some general information with a charge of 5 dollars, while the latter is applicable to individual applications. That is why I have not got any reply since Aug 22....How silly I was...
I don't think this is the case why there is a delay in getting response. In August, I requested the notes under ACCESS TO INFO ACT and received the notes on the 30th day. I requested for the second time around mid September, haven't received them yet (more than 35 days).

PD_Canada_PD

Star Member
Apr 22, 2021
I don't think this is the case why there is a delay in getting response. In August, I requested the notes under ACCESS TO INFO ACT and received the notes on the 30th day. I requested for the second time around mid September, haven't received them yet (more than 35 days).
I applied for GCMS notes on 11Aug and after 1 month I received response that whether I want "Access to Information Act" or "Privacy Act" and for the latter I need to send written approval from other dependents who are 18 and above to get more detailed information about them. This was my third GCMS notes request and I have been choosing the same option so why the question now. I replied and confirmed that I need similar information as I sent earlier and till date there is no response from them and no GCMS notes delivered to me.

talktoudaykumar

Sep 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-03-2021
Nomination.....
ITA 14-02-2021
AOR Received.
11-03-2021
Med's Done....
25-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2021
I applied for GCMS notes on 11Aug and after 1 month I received response that whether I want "Access to Information Act" or "Privacy Act" and for the latter I need to send written approval from other dependents who are 18 and above to get more detailed information about them. This was my third GCMS notes request and I have been choosing the same option so why the question now. I replied and confirmed that I need similar information as I sent earlier and till date there is no response from them and no GCMS notes delivered to me.
My case is little similar to above one. So sharing my side of the GCMS story. :)

I applied on July 27th under Privacy Act. I got a reply on Aug 29th asking for a consent form for my dependents. I replied on the same day.
I'm Yet to get the GCMS notes. I thought they will take at max another one month to process. But it seems more wait. It has been nearly 2 months after providing the consent forms, But still waiting.

I see very very long delays on GCMS notes since AUG and most of the requests are taking over 2-3 months.

SanteS

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Burnaby
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO Sidney + CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-03-2021
Gosch...You mean you have not got any response to your request for GCMS notes since Aug 11?

My understanding is that you mistakenly chose the access to info act for your personal inquiry, like me.

So later they sent you an email to reaffirm which act you actually wanted, and if you chose the privacy act, you would have to provide the consent form from your dependents above 18 years old.

Am I correct?

SanteS

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Burnaby
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO Sidney + CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-03-2021
My case is little similar to above one. So sharing my side of the GCMS story. :)

I applied on July 27th under Privacy Act. I got a reply on Aug 29th asking for a consent form for my dependents. I replied on the same day.
I'm Yet to get the GCMS notes. I thought they will take at max another one month to process. But it seems more wait. It has been nearly 2 months after providing the consent forms, But still waiting.

I see very very long delays on GCMS notes since AUG and most of the requests are taking over 2-3 months.
But when I applied for the notes under the Privacy Act this April, they did not ask me for such a consent form for my dependents and sent me GCMS notes within one month.

SanteS

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Burnaby
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO Sidney + CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-03-2021
Seems the reasons why our applications for PR cannot be finalizing within 7 months may be
1. We have dependents outside Canada
2. Our cases are addressed by Ottawa or somewhere else which is well known for low efficiency and incompetence

Reactions: Maxpayne111

Maxpayne111

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
USA
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
10-05-2021
Seems the reasons why our applications for PR cannot be finalizing within 7 months may be
1. We have dependents outside Canada
2. Our cases are addressed by Ottawa or somewhere else which is well known for low efficiency and incompetence
Incompetence is all across IRCC. Right from VOs all the way up to Mendocino. IRCC live upto your expectations. If you are advertising 6 months is the process time, that doesn't mean you start looking at applications 6 months after AOR!

If you have a backlog to complete, why are you sending new invitations and why are you not resetting expectations that the application processing time will take over 18 months.

The solution to deal with a large backlog is not to remove transparency of application status but to double down on serving the backlog.

if you have no employees to handle applications, hire more visa officers! If you need money to pay them, add a premium processing option or increase the application fees. There is clearly a demand supply difference!

Some how working for IRCC means you are not accountable to anyone. Audit VO application handling metrics. Ask them why are they delaying their due dates. Solution is not to delay GCMS notes but to use GCMS data to make VOs do what they are supposed to. Increase GCMS fee from $5 to a higher number if needed but give a due date and live opto it.

And COVID being an excuse is no longer a reason. Most of the application work is already happening online, border restrictions have opened, vaccine passports are everywhere and incoming air travel is allowed. Don't use Covid-19 as an excuse to hide your incompetence instead be more transparent and hold your VOs accountable. After immigrants are running Canada and funding IRCC via their application fee.

SanteS

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Burnaby
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO Sidney + CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-03-2021
Incompetence is all across IRCC. Right from VOs all the way up to Mendocino. IRCC live upto your expectations. If you are advertising 6 months is the process time, that doesn't mean you start looking at applications 6 months after AOR!

If you have a backlog to complete, why are you sending new invitations and why are you not resetting expectations that the application processing time will take over 18 months.

The solution to deal with a large backlog is not to remove transparency of application status but to double down on serving the backlog.

if you have no employees to handle applications, hire more visa officers! If you need money to pay them, add a premium processing option or increase the application fees. There is clearly a demand supply difference!

Some how working for IRCC means you are not accountable to anyone. Audit VO application handling metrics. Ask them why are they delaying their due dates. Solution is not to delay GCMS notes but to use GCMS data to make VOs do what they are supposed to. Increase GCMS fee from $5 to a higher number if needed but give a due date and live opto it.

And COVID being an excuse is no longer a reason. Most of the application work is already happening online, border restrictions have opened, vaccine passports are everywhere and incoming air travel is allowed. Don't use Covid-19 as an excuse to hide your incompetence instead be more transparent and hold your VOs accountable. After immigrants are running Canada and funding IRCC via their application fee.
Totally agree. This is exactly what I want to say, mate!

Potter72

Star Member
Aug 13, 2021

Super, I agree with you.