Vancitybh

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Called IRDD Today-

CEC Inland Applicant

ITA- March 18, 2021
AOR - March 20, 2021
Medical Passed - March 31, 2021
Biometric - Exempted (CIC already have my biometric)
Criminality Passed - April 19, 2021
Security - No Started Yet
Eligibility - Recommended Passed (As or April 28, 2021)

What is Next?
Do you know your VO by any chance?

talktoudaykumar

Sep 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-03-2021
Nomination.....
ITA 14-02-2021
AOR Received.
11-03-2021
Med's Done....
25-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2021
Mine is March 11 AOR

Medicals passed on 24th March. Biometrics exempted on the same day.

No update after that. I didn't get either an alert or Ghost update on the above status change. I navigated to my profile where I saw these changes.
Not sure is it normal not to get any alerts.

Back Ground Check status says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
I guess the msg is intact during these days (before medical and after medical) So I'm not sure what is the status of BGC.

Any thoughts @legalfalcon / @NOC98 ?

Reactions: Manjit9090

Manjit9090

Star Member
Apr 22, 2021
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-03-2021
AOR Received.
18-03-2021
Mine is March 11 AOR

No update after that. I didn't get either an alert or Ghost update on the above status change. I navigated to my profile where I saw these changes.

Back Ground Check status says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
I guess the msg is intact during these days (before medical and after medical) So I'm not sure what is the status of BGC.

We are on same boat.
aor march 18
Bio exempted
Medical passed
After that no update.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Mine is March 11 AOR

After bio update, your profile will remain static - eligibility and background checks - until you get a decision. Not everyone gets a ghost update so no use comparing GUs with other applicants.

if you do get a GU, it’s best to call IRCC to say that your application says it was updated and want to know what’s the update. IRCC call center agents are a hit or miss, some are helpful that they would open your file and check if there are updates even if you haven’t reached the 6 month processing time. Others would just say, no news is good news and hang up. Good luck.

Reactions: Manjit9090

talktoudaykumar

Sep 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-03-2021
Nomination.....
ITA 14-02-2021
AOR Received.
11-03-2021
Med's Done....
25-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2021
After bio update, your profile will remain static - eligibility and background checks - until you get a decision. Not everyone gets a ghost update so no use comparing GUs with other applicants.

if you do get a GU, it’s best to call IRCC to say that your application says it was updated and want to know what’s the update. IRCC call center agents are a hit or miss, some are helpful that they would open your file and check if there are updates even if you haven’t reached the 6 month processing time. Others would just say, no news is good news and hang up. Good luck.
Thnak you @NOC98

Vancitybh

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon , do you know what is the difference of Primary and Secondary VO in terms of responsibilities? I saw in another post you mentioned that only r10, Mep, and possibly start of Eligibility are done at Primary VO and the rest is finished at “Local VO”. What did you mean by Local VO, since for me neither primary (Sydney) nor secondary VO (Ottawa) are local (Vancouver would be my local).
Thank you!

rjmani2007

Star Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon , do you know what is the difference of Primary and Secondary VO in terms of responsibilities? I saw in another post you mentioned that only r10, Mep, and possibly start of Eligibility are done at Primary VO and the rest is finished at “Local VO”. What did you mean by Local VO, since for me neither primary (Sydney) nor secondary VO (Ottawa) are local (Vancouver would be my local).
Thank you!
Hi , I have the same question
..my application was at Sydney and now it is transferred to Ottawa?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you!
The Primary VO is where you will submit your Passport the PR visa and COPR will be issued from. For outland applicants it is the visa office in the country of residence. There can be multiple secondary offices as files gets transferred to different officers for processing. But the Primary office remains static.

To see which all offices you file have been transferred to see page 2-4 of your GCMS.

Earlier it was the Primary VO that used to issue the PPR. However, now the PPR can be sent by any secondary office with the instructions to submit the Passport at the Primary officer.

Applications are routinely transferred, mostly due to workload.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/file-transfer.html

From my previous post:

Visa Office

There has been an obsession of finding which visa office the application is at. Many threads on this forum start with explaining how to find your visa office. Let's get to the crux of it. Finding the visa office was very relevant pre- express entry. Even after the introduction of express entry in 2015, the same practice was followed which usually was for the paper based application, but that is no longer the case. Earlier all application followed the following trajectory:

Central Intake Office - Case Processing Centre - Local Visa Office

However, this has radically changed and for all express entry, all application follow the following:

1. Central Intake Office - The R10 (completeness check) is done at the Central Intake Office for all classes (FSW / PNP / CEC). Now even the criminality and medicals are done at CIO.

2. Case Processing Centre - These are 4 CPCs in Canada

CPC in Edmonton
CPC in Mississauga
CPC and CIO in Sydney
CPC in Ottawa
OSC in Ottawa
The Operations Support Centre (OSC) processes the following applications:

International Experience Canada work permits
In-Canada temporary resident applications submitted online
Verification of Status (VOS)
Replacement of valid temporary resident documents
Amendment of immigration documents and of valid temporary resident documents

Local Visa Office - This is the office where you will be asked to submit your passport after your application has been approved. Usually the consulate in your home country.

These days all application after starting at CIO (where R10 is met), either start the processing of eligibility at CIO itself, or move to CPC (wither Ottawa, Sydney, or Vegreville), or are straight sent to the LVO. The trend has been to complete most of the processing between CIO and CPC. Since the applications are electronically stored, there is no movement of physical files.

SUGGESTION - There is no point sending emails to ask which VO your application is at, as that process is moot since the eligibility can even start at CIO. So save yourself some time and efforts and also save the human resources of IRCC and stop sending emails. Even if you know which VO your application is at, it means nothing. Most applications which are processed within weeks and get PPR, are processed at CIO, and this is a much faster way.

A few applications will see eligibility passed, and then go to not started when the application is sent to the LVO. This is because the final review is done at the LVO, and the local agent may decide to conduct additional review, or identification before the eligibility is finally set to PASSED.

rjmani2007

Star Member
Mar 25, 2021
The Primary VO is where you will submit your Passport the PR visa and COPR will be issued from. For outland applicants it is the visa office in the country of residence. There can be multiple secondary offices as files gets transferred to different officers for processing. But the Primary office remains static.

To see which all offices you file have been transferred to see page 2-4 of your GCMS.

Earlier it was the Primary VO that used to issue the PPR. However, now the PPR can be sent by any secondary office with the instructions to submit the Passport at the Primary officer.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/file-transfer.html

From my previous post:

Visa Office

There has been an obsession of finding which visa office the application is at. Many threads on this forum start with explaining how to find your visa office. Let's get to the crux of it. Finding the visa office was very relevant pre- express entry. Even after the introduction of express entry in 2015, the same practice was followed which usually was for the paper based application, but that is no longer the case. Earlier all application followed the following trajectory:

However, this has radically changed and for all express entry, all application follow the following:

1. Central Intake Office - The R10 (completeness check) is done at the Central Intake Office for all classes (FSW / PNP / CEC). Now even the criminality and medicals are done at CIO.

CPC in Edmonton
CPC in Mississauga
CPC and CIO in Sydney
CPC in Ottawa
OSC in Ottawa

Local Visa Office - This is the office where you will be asked to submit your passport after your application has been approved. Usually the consulate in your home country.

These days all application after starting at CIO (where R10 is met), either start the processing of eligibility at CIO itself, or move to CPC (wither Ottawa, Sydney, or Vegreville), or are straight sent to the LVO. The trend has been to complete most of the processing between CIO and CPC. Since the applications are electronically stored, there is no movement of physical files.

SUGGESTION - There is no point sending emails to ask which VO your application is at, as that process is moot since the eligibility can even start at CIO. So save yourself some time and efforts and also save the human resources of IRCC and stop sending emails. Even if you know which VO your application is at, it means nothing. Most applications which are processed within weeks and get PPR, are processed at CIO, and this is a much faster way.

A few applications will see eligibility passed, and then go to not started when the application is sent to the LVO. This is because the final review is done at the LVO, and the local agent may decide to conduct additional review, or identification before the eligibility is finally set to PASSED.
I have passed all stages and my application is currently at ottawa for final decision .... Can expect COPR from there or it will moved to another location?

Vancitybh

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020

From my previous post:

Visa Office

CPC in Edmonton
CPC in Mississauga
CPC and CIO in Sydney
CPC in Ottawa
OSC in Ottawa

Hi @legalfalcon , thanks a lot for your elaborate answer!
Just a quick follow-up question: I am assuming that as a CEC in-land applicant, the VO where I would send my passport would be within Canada, is my assumption correct? Or Local VO can still be the consulate in my home country even as a CEC in-land?
Thanks!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon , thanks a lot for your elaborate answer!
Just a quick follow-up question: I am assuming that as a CEC in-land applicant, the VO where I would send my passport would be within Canada, is my assumption correct? Or Local VO can still be the consulate in my home country even as a CEC in-land?
Thanks!
Before COVID, inland applicants were asked to submit their passports to CPC Ottawa and then schedule a landing interview or do flag polling (i.e. visit the border and return).

However, since COID, IRCC now send a COPR by email, and the COPR is signed and stamped, so there is no more requirement for a landing interview. Effective he date on the COPR, you will become a PR of Canada.

Also, inland applicants, since they are in Canada, they do not need a visa to travel to Canada, so there is no need to submit the passport. After you receive the COPR, you can apply for a PR card, and with the PR card, you can return to Canada anytime.

Hope this answers your question.

huxing0522

Dec 14, 2019
Halifax
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-03-2021
Med's Done....