+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

jhunt671

May 8, 2020
If it shows your biometrics enrollment date, that's it, you don't need to do anything, it's been completed.

I did not see the language you referred to about uploading in your biometrics letter - I suspect it referred to something else.

If you're really paranoid you could upload via webform your biometrics receipt or chit, but again - if enrolled, it's done.

Thank you! That's all I needed to know. Hopefully the DM status in ECAS results in a happy letter from IRCC in due course.

Reactions: armoured

omatthews

Star Member
Oct 18, 2020
I figured the MP would be useless owing to past experience. Send Ottawa VO a webform. What did the MP say exactly?
MP basically told me applicant/sponser had passed everything and just waiting on PPR (which I obviously already knew). They said it has been taking 3 weeks-5 months from DM to PPR.... I am at four months so I guess I will keep waiting.

Reactions: kiranf and All593

All593

Mar 1, 2021
MP basically told me applicant/sponser had passed everything and just waiting on PPR (which I obviously already knew). They said it has been taking 3 weeks-5 months from DM to PPR.... I am at four months so I guess I will keep waiting.
Our MP said it could 2weeks up to 2 years lol.. same boat here American citizen DM 3/1/21. Waiting on ppr. But the travel ban doesn't make sense why US citizen applicants aren't being processed. We could come to Canada for family reunification anytime!!

omatthews

Star Member
Oct 18, 2020
Our MP said it could 2weeks up to 2 years lol.. same boat here American citizen DM 3/1/21. Waiting on ppr. But the travel ban doesn't make sense why US citizen applicants aren't being processed. We could come to Canada for family reunification anytime!!
Which VO are you? 2 years!!?! Nothing surprises me with immigration anymore but jeez. I think the travel ban is a stupid excuse. I was in Canada and could have been virtually landed for 3 of the months. Just came back to the states and trying to figure out what to do next.

Reactions: All593

All593

Mar 1, 2021
Which VO are you? 2 years!!?! Nothing surprises me with immigration anymore but jeez. I think the travel ban is a stupid excuse. I was in Canada and could have been virtually landed for 3 of the months. Just came back to the states and trying to figure out what to do next.
VO Ottawa...
yeah I think it's stupid as well. I visited last august but because of the quarantine rule I haven't been back since. But I'm visiting in August again next month for two weeks. And i wont have to quarantine when I visit this time (hopefully it stays true)
I would love to stay for a longer period just visiting but I need to be able to work :/ Toronto is too expensive!

All593

Mar 1, 2021
Ok!!! So I got an email today that is from
"Virtual Landing Unit
Operations Support Centre, Centralized Network
Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada"

It's basically says if I'm already in Canada I can use a portal to confirm where I am and they will send me my PR card. But if I'm not in Canada I need to reply and tell them.
Has anyone received a similar email? It's very intricate but I think the government thinks I'm already in Canada which I'm not, I'm in the US

Reactions: omatthews

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ok!!! So I got an email today that is from
"Virtual Landing Unit
Operations Support Centre, Centralized Network
Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada"

It's basically says if I'm already in Canada I can use a portal to confirm where I am and they will send me my PR card. But if I'm not in Canada I need to reply and tell them.
Has anyone received a similar email? It's very intricate but I think the government thinks I'm already in Canada which I'm not, I'm in the US
Did you apply inland or outland?

All593

Mar 1, 2021
Here are the specifics of the email
Well you can either go to Canada and complete or advise them that you are not in Canada to get the ppr.

I'd only do the former if you will be going to Canada really soon.
the thing is I planned to visit in August; I have my plane ticket and everything. And I don't want that to ruin anything. But I'm not ready to land cause I have to create a long list of everything I'm taking with me.
I wish I could post screen shots of the email so you guys could read it. Anyone know how to?

Davinder Randhawa

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
9 april, 2020 outland applicant.
Today, i got gcms notes, due to gain covid 19 benefits because of corona positive report in 2020, SA in process, they consider covid 19 benefits in social assistant as far as i am concerned it comes under CERB.
Now, we are going to pay back covid 19 benefits.
Any suggestion let me tell.
Many persons here in this forum, told me covid 19 benefits comes under CERB.