+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

sofyar19

Sep 20, 2020
Hello everyone , we just received PPR after long wait , what a nice gift for Canada Day ! Outland application , VO Warsaw
Timeline:
- Application received March 23, 2020
- AOR 1 December 9, 2020
- Medical exam letter April 12, 2021
- Medical exam passed April 28,2021
- Pre arrival letter June 16, 2021
- Passport request letter June 30,2021

Wishing to all applicants fastest reunion with spouses and families, it’s will come !
Happy Canada Day !

Davinder Randhawa

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
9 april, 2020 outland applicant,
In gckey biometric already updated, which i gave during visitor visa.
But i again got request letter by ircc to pay biometric fee
There was two links in request letter
One for paying biometric fee and another for sending fee receipt.
I did it.
I want to ask should i wait for another letter to give biometric again.
But if previous record of biometric already updated in gckey then why they ask to pay biometric fee again???

Reactions: kiranf

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
But if previous record of biometric already updated in gckey then why they ask to pay biometric fee again???
The reason is likely quite simple: the system was not designed to accept previous biometrics (this was changed - temporarily - only during covid). So the system does what it was designed to do - I presume it may require human intervention to override.

Some have had success in advising IRCC that they already have valid biometrics - most have either paid up-front or paid when requested to avoid delays. So I think you did the right thing.

In all cases I've heard of eventually someone at IRCC catches the issue and overrides the system to note valid biometrics / new ones not needed and refunds the money.

Davinder Randhawa

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
The reason is likely quite simple: the system was not designed to accept previous biometrics (this was changed - temporarily - only during covid). So the system does what it was designed to do - I presume it may require human intervention to override.

Some have had success in advising IRCC that they already have valid biometrics - most have either paid up-front or paid when requested to avoid delays. So I think you did the right thing.

In all cases I've heard of eventually someone at IRCC catches the issue and overrides the system to note valid biometrics / new ones not needed and refunds the money.
Okay
Thank you so much. Its very confusing, so now what i have to do just wait for ircc response because they already have mentioned there after paying biometric fee, we will let you know, in processing application, when you will have to give biometric or may be they will see my previous biometric record which already updated and still valid and refund my fee.

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Okay
Thank you so much. Its very confusing, so now what i have to do just wait for ircc response because they already have mentioned there after paying biometric fee, we will let you know, in processing application, when you will have to give biometric or may be they will see my previous biometric record which already updated and still valid and refund my fee.
I believe you already made the best move, but I didn't see anywhere about you notifying them about your previous biometrics. Personally waiting on them always is frustrating.

I don't really remember but I believe you can retrieve your past BIL as well as a biometric completion note(email,account,screenshot) of when you did it previously and notify them via a webform and attachments. Just to be in record, at least you would have tried to avoid another process if they attend to it soon.

But if it happens to be that @armoured info about the system is right then please follow up with the promised till otherwise.

bobosee

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
9 april, 2020 outland applicant,
In gckey biometric already updated, which i gave during visitor visa.
But i again got request letter by ircc to pay biometric fee
There was two links in request letter
One for paying biometric fee and another for sending fee receipt.
I did it.
Did you get sponsor approval and medical request?

menaka_p

Star Member
Jul 18, 2020
If the principal applicant is already in Canada on a visitor visa and has received pre-arrival and decision made on the PR application, what's the next step? Do they still send out PPR? Anyone with the same experience?

Reactions: kiranf

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
If the principal applicant is already in Canada on a visitor visa and has received pre-arrival and decision made on the PR application, what's the next step? Do they still send out PPR? Anyone with the same experience?
Have you advised IRCC that the PA is in Canada? They will do a virtual landing then issue the COPR seems to be the norm.

Davinder Randhawa

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
I believe you already made the best move, but I didn't see anywhere about you notifying them about your previous biometrics. Personally waiting on them always is frustrating.

I don't really remember but I believe you can retrieve your past BIL as well as a biometric completion note(email,account,screenshot) of when you did it previously and notify them via a webform and attachments. Just to be in record, at least you would have tried to avoid another process if they attend to it soon.

But if it happens to be that @armoured info about the system is right then please follow up with the promised till otherwise.
Yes, i have record of previous biometric, i will send it through web form and make them notify.