+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Kav2020

Apr 20, 2021
Hi everyone..Has any one received gcms notes recently?..its been 60 days for us,not received any updates about gcms notes

Abi1234

Star Member
Jul 4, 2021
Hi All,
Please does anyone know how long it takes Accra visa office to send back stamped passport with COPR.

menaka_p

Star Member
Jul 18, 2020
Anyone else Ottawa VO? Been waiting on DM since March 9, 2021. Complete silence since. Anyone else in same boat?
Is the principal applicant Indian? I don't know why I've seen so many files with Indian applicants waiting for PPR after DM especially from Ottawa.

Reactions: kiranf

menaka_p

Star Member
Jul 18, 2020
Has anyone here emailed their relevant visa office regarding PPR after receiving DM and waiting for several weeks or months? Did the VO respond and issue a PPR immediately? Wondering what's causing the delays between DM and PPR for some applicants...

omatthews

Star Member
Oct 18, 2020
Is the principal applicant Indian? I don't know why I've seen so many files with Indian applicants waiting for PPR after DM especially from Ottawa.
Nope I'm the principle applicant from USA. We reached out the MP about two weeks ago and are waiting on a follow up from them

Reactions: All593

menaka_p

Star Member
Jul 18, 2020
Nope I'm the principle applicant from USA. We reached out the MP about two weeks ago and are waiting on a follow up from them
You should try writing to the visa office as well. This wait between PPR and DM is extremely long and doesn't make sense...most MP's are useless, unfortunately, I hope yours can actually do something and help you out.

Reactions: Programmable

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It's pretty obvious. The travel ban. They weren't even accepting passports to put stamps in them, hence not issuing PPRs.

Just announced a day or two that will be re-opening for passport stamping (i.e. PPRs) but it will take some time to clear the backlog.

omatthews

Star Member
Oct 18, 2020
You should try writing to the visa office as well. This wait between PPR and DM is extremely long and doesn't make sense...most MP's are useless, unfortunately, I hope yours can actually do something and help you out.
I don't believe there's any other way to reach the Ottawa VO except a webform. We actually just heard back from the MP and you were right, they were useless. Anyone have suggestions?

menaka_p

Star Member
Jul 18, 2020
I don't believe there's any other way to reach the Ottawa VO except a webform. We actually just heard back from the MP and you were right, they were useless. Anyone have suggestions?
I figured the MP would be useless owing to past experience. Send Ottawa VO a webform. What did the MP say exactly?

jhunt671

May 8, 2020
Can someone please clarify this for me?

My partner was unable to get his biometrics done in Ireland because the VAC was closed. It has since reopened operations and we received a letter from IRCC through our GCKey that he is now to get them done. He went in on June 18, 2021 and that is showing on our GCKey. My only confusion is that the IRCC correspondence told us we need to upload documents. Is that the boilerplate language or do we actually need to upload the biometrics documents once he's received them back? The VAC Centre said they would be done in 2-3 weeks but we have yet to receive anything from them and the deadline is tomorrow. As said, it's showing on our account as "Date of Biometrics Enrolment: June 18, 2021" but I'm just unsure if we need to upload anything. I'd like to know if I need to write a letter in lieu or if I have nothing to worry about and everything is above board.

Further, I just checked ECAS and it says Decision Made. I'm so confused!

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Can someone please clarify this for me?

My partner was unable to get his biometrics done in Ireland because the VAC was closed. It has since reopened operations and we received a letter from IRCC through our GCKey that he is now to get them done. He went in on June 18, 2021 and that is showing on our GCKey. My only confusion is that the IRCC correspondence told us we need to upload documents. Is that the boilerplate language or do we actually need to upload the biometrics documents once he's received them back? The VAC Centre said they would be done in 2-3 weeks but we have yet to receive anything from them and the deadline is tomorrow. As said, it's showing on our account as "Date of Biometrics Enrolment: June 18, 2021" but I'm just unsure if we need to upload anything. I'd like to know if I need to write a letter in lieu or if I have nothing to worry about and everything is above board.

Further, I just checked ECAS and it says Decision Made. I'm so confused!
If it shows your biometrics enrollment date, that's it, you don't need to do anything, it's been completed.

I did not see the language you referred to about uploading in your biometrics letter - I suspect it referred to something else.

If you're really paranoid you could upload via webform your biometrics receipt or chit, but again - if enrolled, it's done.