+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Dude29

Star Member
Dec 23, 2019
That’s odd. Mine has always said that. This process is confusing
For us, it said "We have not started your Background Check. We will let you know when this changes" since the beginning.....and today it changed to "We are processing your background check."

Reactions: rrss13

Mira2018

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
please help
I received the transfer email from the Canadian application office with only the name of my child, and my name did not appear in it. Is this normal and the number also includes me or my child only

Last edited:

kieraj

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
For us, it said "We have not started your Background Check. We will let you know when this changes" since the beginning.....and today it changed to "We are processing your background check."
mine has said that from the beginning of September... only now did they ask for anything

pgajiwala

Oct 20, 2020
We got appointment letters two days after we received the email that appointment has been booked and you shall receive appointment letter.
FYI our appointment confirmation mail was sent on Saturday 2pm.
Appointment letter at Monday morning 2pm. (Indian time)
I ll suggest you to wait and drop a mail meanwhile from your registered mail id
Thank you will wait.

Reactions: Akshi_Goswami

kunaljathar

Star Member
May 26, 2016
Our application was received on March 23rd but till now I have not got any updates besides the temporary number that I was given back in August.
When I called during the first week of October, I was told by the agent that my file has been opened but nobody knows if an officer is working on it or not. I have called a few times after that and they are still saying its in prospective stage. I am missing my wife and it is extremely frustrating not knowing whats going on. I really don't know what to do. Why cant they just be more transparent?
I have the same experience. I have spoken to my MPs office to see whether they can get an honest answer. I am not hopeful about it.

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
I have the same experience. I have spoken to my MPs office to see whether they can get an honest answer. I am not hopeful about it.
I have the same issue as well march 19 2020 applications, but I don't have a temporary number last contact to my mp was 2 week ago and her reply was my file check was complete, and It should assign to a agent then I'll be getting AOR very soon don't know how true that is anyway

But what I'm seeing I don't see anyone from March getting AOR still they seem to move on

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
How long does it take to get Bio/Med request after AOR?
For us tomorrow is going to be 9 months since AOR and we're still waiting for any movement at all (including medicals)

DpStu

Nov 23, 2020
Anyone recieve a letter from VACs post confirmation of biometric appointment via text? Received text on Nov 22nd for appointment on Nov 25 but still have not recieved the letter. Only. Email and text.

Also what are the next steps once biometrics are completed? My timeline is as below:

Submitted : 7 March 2020
AOR : 16th Oct 2020
Biometrics Req: 16th oct ( Appointment 25th Nov)
Medical Req : 21st Oct (Gave Nov 5th - Complete on Nov 22nd)
Sponsor approval: 22nd Oct
File moved to Ottawa : 26th Oct
Pre arrival : 18th Nov

Reactions: singleman

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Anyone recieve a letter from VACs post confirmation of biometric appointment via text? Received text on Nov 22nd for appointment on Nov 25 but still have not recieved the letter. Only. Email and text.

Also what are the next steps once biometrics are completed? My timeline is as below:

Submitted : 7 March 2020
AOR : 16th Oct 2020
Biometrics Req: 16th oct ( Appointment 25th Nov)
Medical Req : 21st Oct (Gave Nov 5th - Complete on Nov 22nd)
Sponsor approval: 22nd Oct
File moved to Ottawa : 26th Oct
Pre arrival : 18th Nov
SAME here too . VFS Jalandhar is doing this to many sadly. I think they are doing this unintentionally by replying that "An appointment Letter was sent on ------- to your e-mail" for public inquiries as I learned from another friend too.
Also only thing my wife got was a TEXT msg. And I am NOT sure it will be accepted.
EDITED: We wrote many emails , finally an appointment letter came as an attachment with similar letters via email

Last edited: