+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

kieraj

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Got invitation for Pre-Arrival service today.
PA is in India
File submitted : 26th march
received Bio metric - 19th Oct/Medical - 21st Oct/Sponsor Acceptance - 22nd Oct and file moved to CPC - Ottawa - 26th Oct, Medical Passed - 14th Nov

What does this Pre-arrival service mean does this means her application is approved or still some process is left?
Some people have different opinions but i think it basically means the eligibility has passed but background checks are still going.

Though i do wonder if its not just an automated email sent out, most people I've seen get these tend to get them 3-4 weeks after their file is transferred

Reactions: silkypie

mecold

Sep 18, 2019
Hi guys can anyone help me here.
Application was sent February
Got no reply so I contacted my MP and today got an email saying I have a prospective file number: X. What dose this mean and for anyone that had a similar situation please share.

kunaljathar

Star Member
May 26, 2016
Got no reply so I contacted my MP and today got an email saying I have a prospective file number: X. What dose this mean and for anyone that had a similar situation please share.
Means nothing. I have the same info since mid september. Just that they have your file.

jaig

Feb 11, 2013
Same here 18 march applicant same response from Mp and said wait another 4 month

gsundas

Nov 19, 2020
Guys, I need some advice or suggestions please? Are there any British citizens on this group (PAs) who applied for outland spousal application in March or April, 2020 and haven't received any acknowledgement whatsoever yet? I have not seen an AOR update against anyone applying from the UK. Is that expected? My application was submitted to the NOVA scotia office on 14th April 2020 and I have had no movement on my file and have received the same generic responses relating to covid delays when tried to enquire via webform or calling IRCC. I am at a loss here and even though I know I am privileged as I can at least go and meet my spouse with the hassle of a TRV, it is all just too much! Having resigned from a job that I loved to packing up my life in a home that I built from scratch here is just so daunting, especially when there is no end in sight and I have no idea how much of a hit will my career and finances take as a result of no end in sight with immigration:( is there anything I can do at my end to get some form of traction or comfort from IRCC on my application?

Tacolme

Oct 31, 2020
March 25th. I have sent an email to MPs office. I have no option left now but to wait.
My file was delivered March 6. Other March 6 applicants started receiving AOR in September. At this point I emailed my MP who gave me a temporary file number. All throughout October I called IRCC daily for updates, and checked this forum every day in hopes of learning of other people in my similar situation. It was very disheartening to see June applicants receiving AOR while I was still waiting for updates.
I was so scared the file was lost or being returned in the mail.
I finally received AOR in November, and my application has moved along quickly since then. I just want to encourage you to be patient. Not all hope is lost. My AOR came a little more than one month after everyone else’s, but I did get it eventually.