+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

aceinthedeck

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Toronto
Guys, I need some advice or suggestions please? Are there any British citizens on this group (PAs) who applied for outland spousal application in March or April, 2020 and haven't received any acknowledgement whatsoever yet? I have not seen an AOR update against anyone applying from the UK. Is that expected? My application was submitted to the NOVA scotia office on 14th April 2020 and I have had no movement on my file and have received the same generic responses relating to covid delays when tried to enquire via webform or calling IRCC. I am at a loss here and even though I know I am privileged as I can at least go and meet my spouse with the hassle of a TRV, it is all just too much! Having resigned from a job that I loved to packing up my life in a home that I built from scratch here is just so daunting, especially when there is no end in sight and I have no idea how much of a hit will my career and finances take as a result of no end in sight with immigration:( is there anything I can do at my end to get some form of traction or comfort from IRCC on my application?
My SO has applied from Ireland (ROI) delivered on 30 June. Haven't heard anything but I have got a temporary file number by calling IRCC helpline number. I guess it's better than nothing. Unfortunately, I think the only option we have is to wait.

Jongin

Nov 20, 2020
Hi all..
I submitted adr almost a month back with no confirmation email.. and gckey still shows additional documents required, is this normal and how many days does it take for Ircc to receive the webform and to review it on gckey?
What happens if gckey doesn't reflect the adr submitted by the end of 60days?

neptune18

Sep 16, 2020
Guys, I need some advice or suggestions please? Are there any British citizens on this group (PAs) who applied for outland spousal application in March or April, 2020 and haven't received any acknowledgement whatsoever yet? I have not seen an AOR update against anyone applying from the UK. Is that expected? My application was submitted to the NOVA scotia office on 14th April 2020 and I have had no movement on my file and have received the same generic responses relating to covid delays when tried to enquire via webform or calling IRCC. I am at a loss here and even though I know I am privileged as I can at least go and meet my spouse with the hassle of a TRV, it is all just too much! Having resigned from a job that I loved to packing up my life in a home that I built from scratch here is just so daunting, especially when there is no end in sight and I have no idea how much of a hit will my career and finances take as a result of no end in sight with immigration:( is there anything I can do at my end to get some form of traction or comfort from IRCC on my application?
Hi,
We applied via outland spousal sponsorship from the United Kingdom (my spouse is a British Citizen, I am a Canadian Citizen). Our file was received on the 12th of March 2020 and we finally received AOR1 on the 7th of October (along with sponsor approval, biometric request, medical request and pre-arrivals letter in the following weeks). Prior to receiving the initial e-mail from IRCC on the 7th, we were unable to link anything online so we were worried our application didn't exist/ got lost!

Given your application was received a month after ours, I'd expect you'll hear something by the end of November / early December. Keep your head up, you'll receive something from IRCC soon!

Anilmithu

Nov 20, 2020
Any one plz help I am try book appointment today I fill bill no dob and email and my browser close some internet issue after some time I also try but system say We already have a request plzzz help any one

Jongin

Nov 20, 2020
Any one plz help I am try book appointment today I fill bill no dob and email and my browser close some internet issue after some time I also try but system say We already have a request plzzz help any one
If your appointment is through then you would have got a confirmation email.. and later depending on the traffic of applications at the vfs you will receive the appointment date and timing to your email and phone through text message.