+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

varma97

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
Hi All, my file got moved to New Delhi india, since the VAC’s are closed in india no processing until the re-open?

smbr

Star Member
Mar 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beijing
Hi All, my file got moved to New Delhi india, since the VAC’s are closed in india no processing until the re-open?
Canadian High Commission in New Delhi is open - this is where all the processing takes place.

Visa Application Center (VAC) - In India its run by Visa Facilitation Services global (VFS Global) - which is not open for people applying to go to Canada.
VAC doesn't process any application. They forward it to Canadian High Commission.

VFS does the following
1. Paper application submission for temporary residents (which is closed until 31 January 2021)
2. Biometric Submission
3. Passport deliveries ( to High Commission and then back to applicant ). etcs.

You can say - VFS are personal courier service for High Commissions

Last edited:
Reactions: DiiDii and sherinv

chakshu0712

Oct 22, 2020
Canadian High Commission in New Delhi is open - this is where all the processing takes place.

Visa Application Center (VAC) - In India its run by Visa Facilitation Services global (VFS Global) - which is not open for people applying to go to Canada.
VAC doesn't process any application. They forward it to Canadian High Commission.

VFS does the following
1. Paper application submission for temporary residents (which is closed until 31 January 2021)
2. Biometric Submission

Hi, I am a june applicant.
Wanted to know if VAC's are closed then how will we be able to give bio-metrics?

sonia1091

Jun 27, 2017
Well I called and received some bad news, not sure if this applies to anyone else in March. Our application was CLEARLY delivered to their office March 19th as shown our tracking. IRCC has somehow decided that it was received May 1. So we are almost two months further back in the queue than we thought we were. Our application has not even been touched at all yet for any completeness check. Absolutely devastated. Was also told there was no way that most of our applications were going to be processed within 12 months and would take much longer. Which is really discouraging since we have already sold our house and planned to move. We may just give up now.
same with me my application delivered on April 8th and they said they have received on Aug 4th... they said only thing we can do is wait , I have talk to my MP she also said the same thing, no one is ready to help, we are already waiting since so many days due to this pandemic, now more wait because of foolish activities of IRCC

varma97

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017

VFS does the following
2. Biometric Submission

Awesome, Thank you!!

Reactions: smbr

menaka_p

Star Member
Jul 18, 2020
They said they dont know about that.
Has anyone else called?
We did and they said they are working on Feb applications (we are March applicants). We asked about June applicants getting AOR and the agent said she doesn't know anything about that.
When a June applicant called, they said they are working on March/April applications. Bottom-line is that they are not be trusted.

Reactions: Inryvr

sonia1091

Jun 27, 2017
We did and they said they are working on Feb applications (we are March applicants). We asked about June applicants getting AOR and the agent said she doesn't know anything about that.
When a June applicant called, they said they are working on March/April applications. Bottom-line is that they are not be trusted.
don't worry they have to clear 49000 files by end of this year, we all are in the queue, patience is a virtue, and trust me the system is very fast as compared to last year, This pandemic has ruined everything and unfortunately we sent paper applications which are delivered when the office is closed, so this much is pretty obvious that nothing is in order... every time we call them it is recorded in their system, and this is the reason the agents get rude sometimes. Please co-operate with them, they are really doing good...