+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
It's about the vote. The quicker they can get the economy going, the better the chance of being re-elected. This is why you're seeing lots of students, workers etc.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Why are they ignoring families and supporting everyone else? 1000s of student visa's are being issued + anyone on visit visa can now apply for work permit..but we are being penalized for spousal applications
Time to show them, Citizen's family matters. Start adding #novoteforLiberal along with #prioritizefamilysponsorship and tag @JustinTrudeau and
@marcomendicino
and ask them questions about, what they are doing.

Everyone is getting an update regarding their program or some workaround to process applications. It is just outland sponsorship application are the ones suffering. Although, few new applicants start getting their AOR1, and that is really great to see some progress, but there are applicants who already crossed 12 plus months and still not update. No TRVs for spouses of Citizen's or PR, but Temporary workers/students can bring their partners on open work-permit in just a few months ?? I am not against anyone, as I've been through all stages. It is just stupidity of our leadership, that we are still waiting for our loved ones to join us here in Canada.

Chandrang

Mar 16, 2016
I got a temporary file number, which means the department has still not opened my file. This is getting ridiculous!! I fucking hate the Liberals now.

JenniferinFL

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Careful what you wish for- in the US the conservatives are in power. Immigration was substantially delayed here before COVID even hit. My husband's coworker is a US permanent resident, Canadian citizen. He applied for US citizenship over a year ago and his file still hasn't been reviewed at all. His greencard has since expired.
We rushed to get my husband's immigration done when it started to look like Trump might win- his citizenship certificate and swearing in happened within 6 months. Right now? It's up to THREE YEARS near me. AND less people are applying. There's no reason for it to go from a 6 month thing to a 3 year thing before Covid even hit.
I mean, yeah, it would be nice if the liberals reacted faster, no doubt. But, here in the US the other team is FAR worse. You are losing your crap about a few months more during an unprecedented global pandemic. It ended up years longer due to a simple political change here before Covid even happened.

lovely89

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Careful what you wish for- in the US the conservatives are in power. Immigration was substantially delayed here before COVID even hit. My husband's coworker is a US permanent resident, Canadian citizen. He applied for US citizenship over a year ago and his file still hasn't been reviewed at all. His greencard has since expired.
We rushed to get my husband's immigration done when it started to look like Trump might win- his citizenship certificate and swearing in happened within 6 months. Right now? It's up to THREE YEARS near me. AND less people are applying. There's no reason for it to go from a 6 month thing to a 3 year thing before Covid even hit.
I mean, yeah, it would be nice if the liberals reacted faster, no doubt. But, here in the US the other team is FAR worse. You are losing your crap about a few months more during an unprecedented global pandemic. It ended up years longer due to a simple political change here before Covid even happened.
I disagree with this comment because I know 3 people, closed, who have had their PR application approval by surprise during pandemic in USA. Two for marriage and the other for work.
They don't want lazy people there, they want a good immigration: workers, professionals and family. And the experience with USA cases of friends there is very good in the term of immigration.
Also there is 80% more chance than a spouse get a TRV in USA than in Canada.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Thanks for your input. We just want to hear something about our programs as they made a workaround for others. I do not have much knowledge about the US immigration system, but I know they have Immigrant Visa for a Spouse or Fiancé(e) of a U.S. Citizen, which helps US citizens a lot. Our spouses are not looking for a PR card here, during this time. We just want to be with our loved ones and a simple way is to just issue TRV for outland applicants. If parents can have the SuperVisa option why not spouses.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
US immigration system has been broken for years and the reason for that is pretty much the policy work of the democratic party. Putting restrictions on immigration, stopping the abuse of the H1B system, dropping the stupid DV lottery and creating a merit based system is something that should have been done a long a time ago. It's overdue. Not advocating for Trump here but he at least raised this issue.

lovely89

Star Member
May 8, 2020
I got an idea: Liberals don't listen to us, they don't care families nor human right to be with the beloved. Tired of sending emails and asking the help of Mendicino and Trudeau just to receive answers that say nothing (they really don't care this subject. They just want quick votes) and instead of losing our time there --->
Let's ask the help of conservative partie: Mr. Erin O'Toole. Let's expose our situation (My husband just sent him an email), if we achieve to catch his attention into prioritize family sponsorship it would be great.

Gabrielmorrow

Apr 9, 2020
My honest opinion is they should focus on getting online apps going that should be there top priority otherwise there Just gonna keep getting more and more paper apps to sort through (September apps should in my opinion be switched to online apps only) then the people who use to accept the paper apps can start to work on the backlog etc

I don't think the current paper app version is or will work in a timely fashion so get a new system up for future apps and then focus on clearing backlog asap

Reactions: KATHIA08

mahtax

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
Yes, because conservatives are famously pro-immigration SMH

Family sponsorship used to take 24 months under the Harper administration, under the Liberal administration that shrunk to ~12 months, but sure #novoteliberal is gonna solve your problems lol

You should probably look to the NDP if you want politicians that care about you. Erin O'Toole certainly does not.