AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Has anyone withdrawn their application and reapplied inland, or considered doing this? Do you think it would be a better option at this point?
I thought of this and I don't care about the refund but what stopped me was not knowing how long it would take to actually withdraw the application, considering all processing delays.

What if it takes months these days to withdraw an application?

jhunt671

May 8, 2020
Yes as long as they haven’t processed anything you would receive a full refund

Thank you for the response. Another question I have is if we were to consider this option and he comes to Canada, is there another way my partner can enter into Canada from Ireland (not just as a visitor) if he has already used a IEC 2-year visa back in 2015?

jhunt671

May 8, 2020
I thought of this and I don't care about the refund but what stopped me was not knowing how long it would take to actually withdraw the application, considering all processing delays.

Good point.... at such a loss with what to do with all of this.

ddzel

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Thank you for the response. Another question I have is if we were to consider this option and he comes to Canada, is there another way my partner can enter into Canada from Ireland (not just as a visitor) if he has already used a IEC 2-year visa back in 2015?
Unless he were able to get a study permit or work permit it is unlikely. My partner is coming as a visitor and we were going to explore other options beyond that. Luckily we have savings so we can live on just my wage for a while. Considering inland for the purpose of the work permit for that reason

ddzel

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020

Is there an issue that could arise with it taking months to withdraw?Or is the fear that they begin processing the application before processing the withdrawal?

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Is there an issue that could arise with it taking months to withdraw?Or is the fear that they begin processing the application before processing the withdrawal?
Yeah, it's mainly the thought that it might take so long to withdraw an application that by the time we submit it again, applications of other people will start moving. Or something worse will happen.

At least right now we have AOR1.
I have a lot of concerns about both keeping the application and withdrawing it.

votis

Apr 13, 2019
It's very depressing to go to the Immigration Minister's twitter and notice that he doesn't even pretend to address the countless people requesting him to look into family sponsorships. I'm just finding it hard to believe that our applications will be done in a year.

Reactions: rrss13 and Famof5

Waleed.1

Aug 12, 2020
HI as far as I am reading the comments no one yet received their AOR1.

My application got submitted in Sydney ,NS
by the 2nd of March 2020 . Until this day I didn’t received any feedback from them .

We all understand their could be some delay due to Covid but all this Time without any answers , it’s sad and dissapointing.

menaka_p89

Jul 18, 2020
IRCC keeps on increasing the temporary visa processing time on their website but it still says 12 months for spousal sponsorships...I wonder if we will get some clarity on the situation anytime soon. I read that the 'Canada Spousal Sponsorship Applicants Affected by COVID-19' group on FB is considering legal action and brainstorming on the option.

Really don't know where all of this is headed.

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
If I was IRCC and I was working on modernizing the immigration system (going digital), I'd be scanning all these files into the database and having CSIS review the ones that had all the data available to do their work (I believe this is one bottleneck in the system). Then, once they bring in the new system, they quickly process a lot of applications and somewhat get caught up. I don't believe they're sitting idle there. Just because IRCC isn't saying anything, doesn't mean they're just sitting around drinking coffee.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
If I was IRCC and I was working on modernizing the immigration system (going digital), I'd be scanning all these files into the database and having CSIS review the ones that had all the data available to do their work (I believe this is one bottleneck in the system). Then, once they bring in the new system, they quickly process a lot of applications and somewhat get caught up. I don't believe they're sitting idle there. Just because IRCC isn't saying anything, doesn't mean they're just sitting around drinking coffee.
Only 1 problem. You are not ircc.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
What makes you think they don't already do this?

lovely89

Star Member
May 8, 2020
What makes you think they don't already do this?
They are not. If they would somebody would tell it.. we can't live in a fantasy or with the illusion they are working hidden. The reality it's they are not doing anything. My husband wrote to the ministery about the delays and the lack of answer for the applications and they answered this week they are sorry for the disruptions, that the time of the page doesn't reflect the delay (for the sponsorhip), but for the visitor visa that I applied to visit my husband the application time yes it's up to date -(of course it's up to date, each week they add 7 days more, one month ago the time was 101 days, and today it's 135 days, and they'll continue like this)- and that they are looking all the options to resume normal processing -(looking!! it means they have 5 months looking without solutions)-
In conclusion the answer of the ministery was a very nice way to say they are sorry but they can't do anything, that I must wait an undefined time.

Reactions: Brownbeauty