+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Brownbeauty

Oct 24, 2013
I am actually starting to become extremely upset by the whole thing, as I am sure everyone else is. We've funneled thousands and thousands of dollars into the Canadian government to exercise a right that has been established as a core value for Canadians - reuniting families. I cannot understand how this type of laissez faire attitude is allowed at the moment. They are only creating more work for themselves as they allow these applications to pile upon each other. Namely, all it would take would be a few socially distant workers to open the packages and scan them onto the system for the purpose of remote review. They specifically asked we do not put staples in them for what I can imagine was specifically that reason anyway. I'm just so at a loss.
I feel ur pain it’s been 6 months. I’m so frustrated as for sure many of us on here is too. Like they should at least email us and let us know what’s going on with the application. You put so much work and time into this. Our money, I remember before the country went on lock down I was running back and forth making sure I got everything in order. I’m just at this point what else will happen it’s so depressing wanting to know what’s going on. Praying every day that there will be better days

menaka_p89

Jul 18, 2020
If I was IRCC and I was working on modernizing the immigration system (going digital), I'd be scanning all these files into the database and having CSIS review the ones that had all the data available to do their work (I believe this is one bottleneck in the system). Then, once they bring in the new system, they quickly process a lot of applications and somewhat get caught up. I don't believe they're sitting idle there. Just because IRCC isn't saying anything, doesn't mean they're just sitting around drinking coffee.
If they are actually working on the applications and not just lazing around and drinking coffee, they should give us an update. Publishing a press release stating the next steps/strategy or how they will address the backlog won't hurt them but is actually very good for PR. They have nothing to say or declare because things haven't moved ahead...at all.

maxayma

May 11, 2020
I would like to highlight a very basic fact. No one is asking the Government to do a super effort or to jeopardize the public health system. We all understand there is a pandemic and all aspects of life is becoming more difficult and different than before in Canada as well as elsewhere. New applicants only want the Government to start opening and processing applications so at least we can receive the AOR and SA without any further delays and the mentioned two steps are done within Canada with no help from visa offices outside. So what is preventing IRCC from doing such two internal steps and making it easier for us!

IRCC official message that they are still processing as much as possible. And whenever someone inquires about the status of his/her application they always give that generic reply that they are still processing Feb. applications. However, we have never seen a single pending application from late Feb. or March received AOR by now after 5 months. Transparency is all what we need from them. What is preventing them from at least providing AOR and SA the two basic steps!!!

Supermarkets and every other business have developed a plan and working procedures to handle the pandemic and remain in business. For IRCC, it have been 5 months by now and they have no clue how to adapt and to start processing new applications. Any organization that was forced by its external environment to change its working procedures would need both the resources and the will to develop and implement the required change. This is why people feels angry and frustrated by IRCC's response to what is happening. A country like Canada is not lacking resources so the problem is the will. Is IRCC willing or not to overcome the current situation and to avoid any further unnecessary delays?.

Sri@Sri

Aug 12, 2020
Guys anyone here received their AOR. I applied mine in May but trying to estimate how long I might need to wait!

jhunt671

May 8, 2020
Guys anyone here received their AOR. I applied mine in May but trying to estimate how long I might need to wait!

I am fairly certain no one has received an AOR. The spreadsheet has one person that says they received it but everyone else is a no and have been waiting for 5-6 months and up with no news. Better buckle up, you're in for a very long wait.

Reactions: Usr1997

darshaknir

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
i applied for my wife and got rejected in less than 24 hours so if you want to waste 100$ go ahead, I gathered everything bank balance of 50000$, contract job of wife, covid-19 quarantine, every single thing before applying but nope they didn't want to look at it even those idiots!! VERY FRUSTRATING I THINK ALL IMMIGRATION OFFICER SHOULD BE KEPT IN BUBBLE JUST LIKE NHL TEAMS THAN THEY WILL KNOW AND WORK FASTER

kharthik24

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Toronto
So I called them they said they are still receiving Applications in February. I told that sure, you can do whatever, I sent my file and it arrived in March. I told them I know some people in March have got temporary application numbers, can you check if my application is in your system? They asked my details and my spouse details and then gave me a temporary application number.

That wasn't enough for me, I needed to double confirm. I then sent a web form asking about my situation, didn't tell them about temporary application number, I got a reply back saying they have received the application and when they have reviewed it in the order they received it and when they deem its a complete application an email will be sent out.

So if you are calling them, and they say processing only Jan, Feb, March whatever, I would suggest to give your details and ask the agent to check if they have something in the file for you. Until now, not knowing anything, I thought worst case my application was lost and I would have to resend it (even though it was signed for by some Adam), now I have temporary number which means someone opened my file, its somewhere, its better than nothing I guess.

ddzel

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
So I called them they said they are still receiving Applications in February. I told that sure, you can do whatever, I sent my file and it arrived in March. I told them I know some people in March have got temporary application numbers, can you check if my application is in your system? They asked my details and my spouse details and then gave me a temporary application number.

That wasn't enough for me, I needed to double confirm. I then sent a web form asking about my situation, didn't tell them about temporary application number, I got a reply back saying they have received the application and when they have reviewed it in the order they received it and when they deem its a complete application an email will be sent out.

So if you are calling them, and they say processing only Jan, Feb, March whatever, I would suggest to give your details and ask the agent to check if they have something in the file for you. Until now, not knowing anything, I thought worst case my application was lost and I would have to resend it (even though it was signed for by some Adam), now I have temporary number which means someone opened my file, its somewhere, its better than nothing I guess.
Can I ask what number you called? When did they receive your application?

kharthik24

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Toronto
Can I ask what number you called? When did they receive your application?
I called 18882422100, and then use the menu to go to spousal applications and then wait for agent (2 1 0 0 where what i pressed if i remember correctly).

I sent my application right after my wedding from India, to Sydney Nova Scotia.DHL was used and someone named Adam signed for it on March 12 at 1:54pm lol. I subscribed to text updates in case they lost my application or something, I would be like no way I am waiting again at the end of the line.

kharthik24

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Toronto
They email they sent to my web form enquiry also says that if further information is required they will contact you, so I don't think they will be sending back incomplete applications. I think there was some discussion earlier in this thread about that.

Reactions: Toby2020

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
If they are actually working on the applications and not just lazing around and drinking coffee, they should give us an update. Publishing a press release stating the next steps/strategy or how they will address the backlog won't hurt them but is actually very good for PR. They have nothing to say or declare because things haven't moved ahead...at all.
Oh, their communications are lacking. We obviously don't know why. It might just be as simple if they make a detailed statement, they're going to have to deal with an increasing number of questions. So, they don't say anything until they're ready.

Dude29

Star Member
Dec 23, 2019
We sent out a webform last week about the status of our application and our file is still not in the system. Delivered 30th March.

Toby2020

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
We sent out a webform last week about the status of our application and our file is still not in the system. Delivered 30th March.
Have you called them for a temporary application number? Mine was delivered March 24, might try calling tomorrow and asking.

Reactions: jaig

Angel138

Jun 24, 2020
Have you called them for a temporary application number? Mine was delivered March 24, might try calling tomorrow and asking.
My application was delivered on March 19th and i was also told that my application is not in the system yet. I know someone whose application was received on March 13th and he got a temporary file number . I think applications received in the first 2 weeks of March or so were put in the system with the temporary file number.

Reactions: Brownbeauty