+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Usr1997

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
I see so many issues with your understanding of the scenario at hand. While I do not wish to divulge details of my situation I will state that:

a) It is not always 'easier' for a spouse in Canada to visit their partner instead. For example, one spouse may have more rigorous job commitments and not be able to take adequate time off (please note that not everyone can work remotely), the spouse in Canada may have to take care of an ailing parent or their children and may not be able to leave them behind or the spouse in Canada may even have some underlying health conditions or comorbidities that might place them at a higher risk of traveling during the pandemic. These are just some examples off the top of my head, again we do not know anyone's personal situation well enough to know what is easier and doable for them and what is not.

b) There are some countries that have already kick-started their family reunification processes and are specifically issuing visas for this purpose because again, family reunification is IMPORTANT. From signing petitions and spreading our story in the media to sliding in a Minister's DMs - there is nothing wrong with taking an initiative or making an effort to streamline things.

Yes, a TRV has higher chances of getting rejected when a family sponsorship application is underway but I personally know of cases where it has been granted (even during COVID-19, yes that happened!) so I would personally not discourage anyone from taking a shot and filling a TRV application wisely based on the experiences of those who have got one. If I even have a 1% chance of being with my spouse sooner rather than much much later, you best believe I will take that shot, as long as it complies with the law.

Good for you then ! if you can capitalize on the 1% chance you spoke of it'll be wonderful ! By no means you'll see your spouse in no time ,But with how slow things are going though i don't know if a TRV is going to be processed as fast as normal .

TRV's are also processed by the currently understaffed institution , TRV's require documents to be verified by your local Canadian high commission , TRV's require medical tests , I don't know where you live right now but I am pretty sure where ever it is one of the above procedures will bottleneck at one point or another due to the ongoing lock down .

After all it's your call to make , and your time to spend my dear . I wish everyone luck and pray that there gets to be a pick up in the slack caused by the lockdown restrictions .

KATHIA08

Jun 15, 2020
I see so many issues with your understanding of the scenario at hand. While I do not wish to divulge details of my situation I will state that:

a) It is not always 'easier' for a spouse in Canada to visit their partner instead. For example, one spouse may have more rigorous job commitments and not be able to take adequate time off (please note that not everyone can work remotely), the spouse in Canada may have to take care of an ailing parent or their children and may not be able to leave them behind or the spouse in Canada may even have some underlying health conditions or comorbidities that might place them at a higher risk of traveling during the pandemic. These are just some examples off the top of my head, again we do not know anyone's personal situation well enough to know what is easier and doable for them and what is not.

b) Hay algunos países que ya han iniciado sus procesos de reunificación familiar y están emitiendo visas específicamente para este propósito porque nuevamente, la reunificación familiar es IMPORTANTE. Desde firmar peticiones y difundir nuestra historia en los medios hasta deslizarnos en los DM de un ministro, no hay nada de malo en tomar una iniciativa o hacer un esfuerzo para simplificar las cosas.

Sí, un TRV tiene mayores posibilidades de ser rechazado cuando una solicitud de patrocinio familiar está en curso, pero yo personalmente sé de los casos en que se ha otorgado (incluso durante COVID-19, ¡sí, eso sucedió!), Así que personalmente no desalentaría a nadie de tomar un disparó y llenó una aplicación TRV sabiamente basada en las experiencias de aquellos que la obtuvieron. Si incluso tengo un 1% de posibilidades de estar con mi cónyuge antes y no mucho después, lo mejor es que creas que tomaré esa dosis, siempre que cumpla con la ley.
[/CITAR]
Me gustaría saber qué tipo de plan debe tener la carta para cumplir con esos requisitos, porque si puedo estar con mi esposo mientras espero el DM, es una gran noticia poder intentar hacerlo con un TRV.

Famof5

Jul 15, 2018
I have to say I am baffled by the amount of people who are trying to beat the system and get through with TRV’s it says crystal clearly that recreational , tourism , non-discretional visits to Canada are currently not allowed due to the pandemic . With an exception to US citizens who are exempt to the above restrictions , why can’t the rest of us just quietly wait ?

I think it’s not fair that some of us think our applications should be prioritized whilst There are Canadians at risk of dying of COVID . Please lets be patient , the Canadian PR is a privilege not a right, Sliding into the DM’s of the minister or whatever , isn’t going to change anything . Appreciate you got your file in and be happy there’s good hope you’ll live with your spouse in Canada
I’ll make sure to mention this to my children when they’re crying and missing their daddy.

kharthik24

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Toronto
I have to say I am baffled by the amount of people who are trying to beat the system and get through with TRV’s it says crystal clearly that recreational , tourism , non-discretional visits to Canada are currently not allowed due to the pandemic . With an exception to US citizens who are exempt to the above restrictions , why can’t the rest of us just quietly wait ?

I think it’s not fair that some of us think our applications should be prioritized whilst There are Canadians at risk of dying of COVID . Please lets be patient , the Canadian PR is a privilege not a right, Sliding into the DM’s of the minister or whatever , isn’t going to change anything . Appreciate you got your file in and be happy there’s good hope you’ll live with your spouse in Canada
Being a Canadian pr maybe a privilege (not in my opinion, but for your argument sake sure) but being with my spouse is my right, so what is baffling is the fact that you don't understand that.

saini1987

Oct 11, 2013
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
More than 4 months now, don't know how many more days or months for AOR1...

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
More than 4 months now, don't know how many more days or months for AOR1...
I noticed a bit of activity, in the form of medical requests, on the spreadsheet for this month (July) for January/February. Only like three instances in total, so pretty slow still.

Reactions: jasluke

saini1987

Oct 11, 2013
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
I noticed a bit of activity, in the form of medical requests, on the spreadsheet for this month (July) for January/February. Only like three instances in total, so pretty slow still.
That slow activity is already there from march, i am actually talking about AOR1, as no new AOR1 has been issued since March to Outlanders. Are they going to touch our paper applications or not? Almost Six months applications are pending without AOR1 now including Feb apps. If they start processing, it will still take so much time for them to clear the pendency.

Mar 15, 2020
Hello Folks, can someone who has been waiting for Outland application AOR1 since March, 2020 though recently received a TRV and will be leaving for Canada soon, stay in Canada and wait for IRCC to complete the processing of the Spousal application that has been sent since March 2020 without returning to his country of residence for the sake of it?

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Hello Folks, can someone who has been waiting for Outland application AOR1 since March, 2020 though recently received a TRV and will be leaving for Canada soon, stay in Canada and wait for IRCC to complete the processing of the Spousal application that has been sent since March 2020 without returning to his country of residence for the sake of it?
Yes, you can buy a lot of time, extend trv up to 1.5 years, then apply refugee status, that will buy 3 more years, by that time sponsorship will be done.