MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Hello everyone, this is my first time in this thread, I think it is way too heated in here and I dont want to be in the middle of everything. in my opinion this website is for people to have information and compare wait times ans to share ideas and experience
I really dont see the value in everyone trying to convince to the others of whether we should be prioritized or not. every body is free to ask their MPs for anything they think is fair.
having said that, can you guys please help me I am trying to see if anybody have received a passport request since march, I have completed all the other steps like medicals and biometrics, I was also informed that no interview is needed for our sponsorship application but we haven't received PPR or COPR yet any idea how long that takes these days ??
thank you all in advance.
If you can get your wife here on a TRV chances are good that they will issue her the COPR at the POE like they have done for a few members here.

kharthik24

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Toronto
If there were no delays or anything, it typically takes 2 months for AOR1 from the date they received my application in Nova Scotia Sydney? If that is the case, in looking at the spreadsheet people in jan, feb etc have been getting AOR1 is like 2 weeks timeline. If that is not the case, what is the 2 month timeline they say typically for?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If that is the case, in looking at the spreadsheet people in jan, feb etc have been getting AOR1 is like 2 weeks timeline. If that is not the case, what is the 2 month timeline they say typically for?
Receipt to AOR1 was indeed a lot faster in the first two months of this year. The two month was from much longer experience (you can look at spreadsheet for 2019).

No idea why the change in Jan-Feb, whether that was the new normal or what. Of course, now the new normal is ... no-one has any idea.

• Sad
Reactions: KATHIA08 and Gam14

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
If there were no delays or anything, it typically takes 2 months for AOR1 from the date they received my application in Nova Scotia Sydney? If that is the case, in looking at the spreadsheet people in jan, feb etc have been getting AOR1 is like 2 weeks timeline. If that is not the case, what is the 2 month timeline they say typically for?
All delays happened after this COVID forced them to send staff home. There were say 1-2 staff there as receptionist just to keep piles of files . On top they NEVER signed for any deliveries as afar as I read .

Angel138

Jun 24, 2020
Mine was delivered on 19th March but no singed and still waiting for aor1
Mine was delivered on 19th March too, on the signature space of confirmation of delivery from Canada Post it just says "Covid19 ". Haven't got AOR1 yet, i called the contact center and submitted the web form twice so far. Got the same reply each time that they dont see the file in system yet.

JpnCdnrelationship

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Mine was delivered on 19th March too, on the signature space of confirmation of delivery from Canada Post it just says "Covid19 ". Haven't got AOR1 yet, i called the contact center and submitted the web form twice so far. Got the same reply each time that they dont see the file in system yet.
Hi I got the same signature! It shows reception and shows c19. Here's hoping it actually went to someone

menaka_p89

Jul 18, 2020
Can anyone refer me to the Facebook group where they are petitioning for special TRVs for spouses? This is honestly getting so frustrating now. What credible options can we pursue to highlight our plight? I cannot believe family reunification is such a low priority for the Government of Canada.

Jul 18, 2017
Can anyone refer me to the Facebook group where they are petitioning for special TRVs for spouses? This is honestly getting so frustrating now. What credible options can we pursue to highlight our plight? I cannot believe family reunification is such a low priority for the Government of Canada.
The Group is called "Canada Spousal Sponsorship Applicants Affected by COVID-19".

I suggest each of you join this group as they are gaining momentum with it.

Reactions: Gam14 and Famof5