+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

lovely89

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Good idea !
Tell your family in Canada to email the Immigration Minister: Mr. Marco Mendicino exposing our concerns. My family-in-law made it. They received an automatic message that it was received, maybe he'll never read it, or maybe yes.. I don't know. But if we are more doing the same it's better.
I also wrote him a direct message in Instagram.

Reactions: KATHIA08

sarabmago

Sep 26, 2017
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Hi outland applicant can apply for open work permit pls confirm thanks
No, Outland spousal sponsorship applicants are not eligible for open work permit in canada on basis of sponsorhip application, that is only for Inland applicants. You can read more about it in the operational bulletin below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/special-initiatives-pilot-project/partner.html

Even for inland applicants this is a pilot program under which they can apply for OWP while there file is in process and this pilot program is due for expiry on July 31,2020, not sure if IRCC would be extending it or not.

gauravgosavi242

May 27, 2020
All those who are trying to apply for a TRV, do we have to wait until we get the AOR to apply for the TRV?
There has been radio silence from IRCC about any and all AORs, hence was wondering if it is even worth waiting, god knows how long, for the AOR, before applying for the TRV?

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
All those who are trying to apply for a TRV, do we have to wait until we get the AOR to apply for the TRV?
There has been radio silence from IRCC about any and all AORs, hence was wondering if it is even worth waiting, god knows how long, for the AOR, before applying for the TRV?
I don't think you have to. I don't think the TRV has any impact on the PR process. Maybe someone else here can clarify. I'm personally going to wait a bit longer here with this one though.

gauravgosavi242

May 27, 2020
I don't think you have to. I don't think the TRV has any impact on the PR process. Maybe someone else here can clarify. I'm personally going to wait a bit longer here with this one though.
OK thanks, but if you don't mind me asking, why are you going to wait a bit longer? Is the process itself the reason, or is it something personal?

Yuba

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Submitted mine and it was received on 15th March2020. Hoping we get AOR1 by end of this month. A bit skeptical about applying for TRV cause i applied in 2018 to visit my hubby and it got rejected. So does anyone think IRCC will be more lenient in their TRV now? They should have something similar like the US - Fiancee visa.

Reactions: Toby2020

lovely89

Star Member
May 8, 2020
OK thanks, but if you don't mind me asking, why are you going to wait a bit longer? Is the process itself the reason, or is it something personal?
You don't need the AOR to apply for the tourist visa. I applied for TRV in june 26th but it's a total silence since there. The only actualization is the processing time at the web page: from 24 days to my country 3 weeks ago to 113 days this week!!
I got a refusal last year, this is the 2nd time I try for a TRV. If you want to apply you should do it now because the results of it will be given in 4 months. There's no any kind of change between applicating now or later in the result. They refuse the majority of the TRV applications but you should try

Reactions: KATHIA08 and Sepi

lhk928

Jul 9, 2020
If my spouse is one of the ETA participant country, Can she come visit me if I send the letter to IRCC to proof our relationship?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If my spouse is one of the ETA participant country, Can she come visit me if I send the letter to IRCC to proof our relationship?
Yes. You don't need to send a letter to IRCC, and likely won't get any response. She will need to show proof of marriage to airline and that plus quarantine plan at border. It is probably best to check with airline in advance. Border service will not tell you in advance but should be fine with as above.

sameerb

Apr 2, 2012
whats the best time to apply (TRV) for spouse. I mean before marriage or after marriage or even after applying for sponsorship thanks