+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Jan 26, 2020
can anyone guide how should I organize the forms and documents. I'm following this sequence/order kindly let me know if it's correct or not. Thanks

1. Checklist
2. Form IMM 1344 (with Bar Code pages on Top)
3. Application Fee Receipt
4. Form IMM 0008 (with Bar Code pages on Top)
5. IMM 5562
6. IMM 5406
7. IMM 5669
8. IMM 5532
9. Supporting documents for Sponsor
10. Supporting documents for Sponsored person

Reactions: Omolola.a

Bala-kumar

Dec 19, 2019
@CDNsoldier: I'm in the same boat as you were earlier, applied outland PR application in Mar 2020 with no progress yet so applied for TRV on 23rd June 2020 with the detailed cover letter describing the personal reasons and to travel on the ground of family reunification, invitation letters, required proofs, and filed visa forms. Received the below message on 26th June regarding the TRV application.
"Based on our assessment of your recent enquiry, we cannot process your request as you have not provided sufficient evidence that you meet an exemption criterion and/or that your travel to Canada is non-discretionary, per the travel restrictions implemented to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID 19) in Canada.
Even though you do not meet an exemption criterion and/or your travel has not been deemed non-discretionary, your application will now be put on hold until after the travel restriction pause has been lifted."

I reached out to my local MP with the details/documents who you had described in your post but we received a response that MP or his office do not have jurisdiction to overturn or expedite this decision or the application.

Should I now reach out to CIC minister, deputy PM now?, and (where to find the email address for) OUTCAN VO and VO Ambassador to be cc'ed.

Could you guide me on how to find success in the quest?

Jan 26, 2020
@CDNsoldier: I'm in the same boat as you were earlier, applied outland PR application in Mar 2020 with no progress yet so applied for TRV on 23rd June 2020 with the detailed cover letter describing the personal reasons and to travel on the ground of family reunification, invitation letters, required proofs, and filed visa forms. Received the below message on 26th June regarding the TRV application.
"Based on our assessment of your recent enquiry, we cannot process your request as you have not provided sufficient evidence that you meet an exemption criterion and/or that your travel to Canada is non-discretionary, per the travel restrictions implemented to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID 19) in Canada.
Even though you do not meet an exemption criterion and/or your travel has not been deemed non-discretionary, your application will now be put on hold until after the travel restriction pause has been lifted."

I reached out to my local MP with the details/documents who you had described in your post but we received a response that MP or his office do not have jurisdiction to overturn or expedite this decision or the application.

Should I now reach out to CIC minister, deputy PM now?, and (where to find the email address for) OUTCAN VO and VO Ambassador to be cc'ed.

So sorry to hear this, I am following a thread on facebook and someone posted an email address there, I think one needs to send an email to that address and must attach their reply while applying for TRV, here's the email address:-

ircc.covid-travelexemptions-exemptionsdevoyage-covid.ircc@cic.gc.ca

Dude29

Star Member
Dec 23, 2019
So sorry to hear this, I am following a thread on facebook and someone posted an email address there, I think one needs to send an email to that address and must attach their reply while applying for TRV, here's the email address:-

ircc.covid-travelexemptions-exemptionsdevoyage-covid.ircc@cic.gc.ca
This is only required for people who are living temporarily in Canada. Not required for Citizens/PR holders.

Email us at IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca only if you’re reuniting with an immediate family member who is living in Canada temporarily. We won’t respond to any other inquiries.
Here is the link.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

And they specifically mention that they are not going to respond to any other inquiries.

SHPAH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
People have said they have sent an email using the webform to find out if their package was received and what is going on. When I try to it asks me to log on with some identifier. I used our TRV UIC (as included on sponsership application) as well as our receipt number and both say it cannot be found. This probably means they haven't opened my package. How else can we contact them online? Please post a link if possible or is it a general email address?
When you need to put the identification number you must put 00000000 and then fill out the form normally, that’s why I did it because they didn’t open my file yet and they responded to my web form email

Reactions: Gam14

smbr

Star Member
Mar 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beijing

Just wondering- for the TRV application did you submit Biometrics?

Reactions: akak121212

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
Has anyone found a medical provider who'll provide medical insurance in Canada in light of Covid?

Bala-kumar

Dec 19, 2019
Just wondering- for the TRV application did you submit Biometrics?
No, CIC asked to do biometric (couldn't as VAC is closed) and then received the above message from CIC about the application on hold due to travel restrictions.

Reactions: smbr

csreesha

Jun 29, 2020
I too enquired about my status by submitting webform and they replied back stating that:

We have received your application and it will be processed according to the date it was received.

Once your application is found to be complete and ready for review, the responsible office will send you an acknowledgement of receipt with your application number and instructions to link your application so that you can view the status and messages online. If further information is needed, the responsible office may contact you.

Please visit our website to see how long it may take to process your application or our Help Centre for more information.

Furthermore, due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Dude29

Star Member
Dec 23, 2019
I too enquired about my status by submitting webform and they replied back stating that:

We have received your application and it will be processed according to the date it was received.

Once your application is found to be complete and ready for review, the responsible office will send you an acknowledgement of receipt with your application number and instructions to link your application so that you can view the status and messages online. If further information is needed, the responsible office may contact you.

Please visit our website to see how long it may take to process your application or our Help Centre for more information.

Furthermore, due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
When was your application received at CPC?

sarabmago

Sep 26, 2017
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Got some interesting news for y'all !

IRCC is bringing some employees back to work at Sydney office on July 7 on a piloting project under new COVID-19 health and safety building requirements.

These would include employees working in the express entry, citizenship as well as data entry and scanning departments that are expected back in the office on the date.

Link to news article - https://www.capebretonpost.com/business/local-business/majority-of-cape-breton-federal-government-employees-continue-to-work-from-home-for-now-466386/

NB: Don't be misled by the headlines, we all know that IRCC is not bringing back most of its employees to work anytime soon and it all will only happen slowly but what got me curious is that some workers in scanning departments and data entry will be back which is crucial to our hopes of getting AOR in month of July.

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
Got some interesting news for y'all !

IRCC is bringing some employees back to work at Sydney office on July 7 on a piloting project under new COVID-19 health and safety building requirements.

These would include employees working in the express entry, citizenship as well as data entry and scanning departments that are expected back in the office on the date.

Link to news article - https://www.capebretonpost.com/business/local-business/majority-of-cape-breton-federal-government-employees-continue-to-work-from-home-for-now-466386/

NB: Don't be misled by the headlines, we all know that IRCC is not bringing back most of its employees to work anytime soon and it all will only happen slowly but what got me curious is that some workers in scanning departments and data entry will be back which is crucial to our hopes of getting AOR in month of July.
Subscription only.