+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Famof5

Jul 15, 2018
Hello everyone, I’m new to this thread. I’m a Canadian citizen sponsorship is for my husband who’s a Mexican citizen living in the USA. We have 3 children that were born in the USA and now have dual citizenship (Canada and US). We have hired a lawyer to help with the sponsorship application.

Sponsorship application for my husband is being submitted to Citizenship and Immigration Canada for processing in Sydney, Nova Scotia on March 23, 2020

Good luck to everyone❣

Reactions: Eveslm

Famof5

Jul 15, 2018
Hello everyone, I’m new to this thread. I’m a Canadian citizen sponsorship is for my husband who’s a Mexican citizen living in the USA. We have 3 children that were born in the USA and now have dual citizenship (Canada and US). We have hired a lawyer to help with the sponsorship application.

my children and I are living in Ontario, Canada and my husband is still in the USA.

Sponsorship application for my husband is being submitted to Citizenship and Immigration Canada for processing in Sydney, Nova Scotia on March 23, 2020

Good luck to everyone❣

Brownbeauty

Oct 24, 2013
I had sent my file on 13th March and it reached Nova Scotia on 16th March 2020.
On 16th March it was Out for Delivery which has suddenly changed to On Hold
Now as per the Canada post the Item is on hold at recipient's request which means CIC is not taking any documents.
Please let me know if you are also facing the same issue.
I mailed in mines March 16 and it shows it was delivered on Thursday March 19. I did express post.

Reactions: Abhi2201

kevinmanojkumar1990

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Mine said covid 19 aswell. Though applications are getting delivered , there has been no sign of cpc sydney sending out AORs since march 13th and thats not a good sign

Dec 17, 2018
Hello Everyone,
OUT LAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP visa Application sent to Nova Scotia on: February 29,2020
Paper Application received by IRCC on: March 5,2020.

I did not received any delivery confirmation from Canada post and online tracking status was showing" In transit".
Mean while I called to immigration department (1-888-242-2100) on 10 March 2020 to confirm about the delivery of my application and the representative said CIC has received my file on 5th March 2020.

Now, Its almost about 15 working days but not received AOR1 or any kind of written email from CIC. Today I called again on the same number but they are not working.

Did anybody received AOR1 who submitted his/her file after March 5th 2020.
I think its delayed due to COVID 2019. Please share your experience or knowledge about this.