+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

AlleyH

Mar 26, 2020
Hi there, I am a Canadian Citizen in the process of completing my forms for sponsoring my husband (who is an American citizen) to become a permanent Canadian Resident. We are applying with the Family Sponsorship class for a Spouse (applying outbound). I (the sponsor) am working on completing the Financial Evaluation form... For section #11 on this form, it asks to complete your situation during the 12 months proceeding the date of my application. It asks for my NOA, which has not been filed for 2019 as of yet due to the Corona Virus Pandemic... I am not sure what to do, I have my tax returns and NOA for 2018, but not this past year... Would I be able to attach my HST tax return for 2019 and write a note explaining why...? Or would this not suffice and be returned to me? I just feel a little stuck in the process and want to get it sent in ASAP. Thanks for any help and guidance. Any other tips for this PR process (applying outbound) would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

kunaljathar

Star Member
May 26, 2016
Hi there, I am a Canadian Citizen in the process of completing my forms for sponsoring my husband (who is an American citizen) to become a permanent Canadian Resident. We are applying with the Family Sponsorship class for a Spouse (applying outbound). I (the sponsor) am working on completing the Financial Evaluation form... For section #11 on this form, it asks to complete your situation during the 12 months proceeding the date of my application. It asks for my NOA, which has not been filed for 2019 as of yet due to the Corona Virus Pandemic... I am not sure what to do, I have my tax returns and NOA for 2018, but not this past year... Would I be able to attach my HST tax return for 2019 and write a note explaining why...? Or would this not suffice and be returned to me? I just feel a little stuck in the process and want to get it sent in ASAP. Thanks for any help and guidance. Any other tips for this PR process (applying outbound) would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
If you are referring to IMM 1283, you do not have to fill the form if the Principal applicant doesn't have any dependent children.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Send 2018 NOA with explanation

Brownbeauty

Oct 24, 2013
Send 2018 NOA with explanation
Yea the understanding the most recent NOA would be 2019 but because of us filing late I think they would understand and accept 2018 as it’s the most recent one we have on hand. I mailed my package and sent my 2018 NOA should be fine.

Brownbeauty

Oct 24, 2013
Yea the understanding the most recent NOA would be 2019 but because of us filing late I think they would understand and accept 2018 as it’s the most recent one we have on hand. I mailed my package and sent my 2018 NOA should be fine.
And we don’t get mailed our recent NOA after filing for our tax till in June depends on how soon u usually file ur tax

b0para1

Mar 27, 2020
help help help
Hello Everyone,
OUT LAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP visa Application sent to Nova Scotia on: February 29,2020
Paper Application received by IRCC on: March 5,2020.

I did not received any delivery confirmation from Canada post and online tracking status was showing" In transit".
Mean while I called to immigration department (1-888-242-2100) on 10 March 2020 to confirm about the delivery of my application and the representative said CIC has received my file on 5th March 2020.

Now, Its almost about 15 working days but not received AOR1 or any kind of written email from CIC. Today I called again on the same number but they are not working.

Did anybody received AOR1 who submitted his/her file after March 5th 2020.
I think its delayed due to COVID 2019. Please share your experience or knowledge about this.
hi dharmesh , I am in the same boat as you, my file was supposed to be delivered on 6th march and it is still saying in transit as of 27 th march. I called Canada post and generated ticket to locate my file and they are unable to locate. I can't call cic now .
2 questions
1. does your canadapost still says in transit ?
2. can I inquire about my file from cic through any other way?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
help help help

hi dharmesh , I am in the same boat as you, my file was supposed to be delivered on 6th march and it is still saying in transit as of 27 th march. I called Canada post and generated ticket to locate my file and they are unable to locate. I can't call cic now .
2 questions
1. does your canadapost still says in transit ?
2. can I inquire about my file from cic through any other way?
The only way to contact them now is through the webform; but i imagine they should be getting a lot of inquiries and you might not get a respond for weeks.
There has been a delay for mails even those sent by courier/express/priority have been delayed. Where were you sending it from? Have you checked the service alert information on canada post website?

b0para1

Mar 27, 2020
I have sent a webform today but I think it is going to take a while to get an answer back.
I sent it from Edmonton , Alberta . I have checked the service alerts and talked to them as well but they don't have any clue where the file is .

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I have sent a webform today but I think it is going to take a while to get an answer back.
I sent it from Edmonton , Alberta . I have checked the service alerts and talked to them as well but they don't have any clue where the file is .
I sent a package via Canada post from Edmonton on 17 and it arrived on 23 (Normal post; 4 working days), mine was going to CPC Mississauga and not Sydney but yes something is not right there, it definitely should have arrived; It probably did arrive, but you wont know until you hear from CIC. Wishing you luck

Gam14

Mar 18, 2020
With the pandemic and people needing to go on EI etc I have question now

If I myself am not on social assistance (ie. Ontario Works) but my daughter is, is that allowed? She just moved back from college to home because of medical reasons and now of course this pandemic so cannot go back. She is not on ONWorks but would be eligible, but if it affects my application then she can't. I am asking because I can't find information on this. She is 20 years old. If she needs to apply I want to know it's affects. Thank you