CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Well said.
1) OF COURSE this is not an essential service (as much as it pains me personally) - although here we have to underline this doesn't mean it isn't important to government, but not essential during a public health emergency. They'll get to it when they can. Important is not essential.
2) The infrastructure and process issues you refer to are not so easy to resolve, particularly when there are hundreds of other short-term priorities that need to be dealt with first - by which I mean the government has limited IT and related resources. Even if everyone could work from home (equipment) they'd also need to redesign and implement new processes and systems to support that. Scaling up the VPN network alone is a big job.

The government just announced and implemented a huge and complicated benefit package (both employment and income support) that something like three million Canadians (15% of the workforce I read) applied for in the space of three weeks. Surprisingly the infrastructure didn't collapse and even worked pretty well. There were people behind that and that was the priority, not PR claims.
Agreed!

Reactions: armoured

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
I work with an immigration consultant. IRCC will be having weekly meetings with several lawyers and consultants in the field to discuss immigration and what is considered a priority. From what he told us in terms of sponsorship, other family sponsorship is being out on hold and they are prioritizing spousal sponsorship. They will continue to process and accept new applications but there will be some delays due to covid 19 (I’m assuming limited workforce)
thats awesome to hear! Keep us in the loop if you can ☺

impulseoceanic

Dec 1, 2011
Visa Office......
crs 450
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi

I am canadian PR holder on a path to be become a citizen.

I got married 5 months back and my wife got tourist visa and is currently living with me in toronto.

Her express entry application is already in process since Dec2019. Its stuck at New Delhi Office , India and its not moving further.

We applied for my wifes work permit it from canada during her tourist visit to me here. It got rejected saying she does not fulfill criteria of immigration law which requires her to file work visa from India and not from Canada.

Can you please advise us what is path forward?

Regards
Friend

Reactions: Aaqil

Brownbeauty

Oct 24, 2013
I happened to email cic a few days ago and here’s what they emailed back. I was querying about if they’re still working on applications

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the applications as soon as possible.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:
Sincerely,

Tristan, agent 4295
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

ddzel

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Does anyone know which office deals with passing the medical exam? I've noticed a few people from February Outland have had their medical passed in the last few days and wanted to know if that was a sign of life at the Sydney, NS office.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Does anyone know which office deals with passing the medical exam? I've noticed a few people from February Outland have had their medical passed in the last few days and wanted to know if that was a sign of life at the Sydney, NS office.
Not really. The doctors office in your home country sends the info over electronically and it's matched automatically. But hopefully soon.

Gabrielmorrow

Apr 9, 2020
I’m not expecting any movement until the first COVID wave ends. Late summer...
Some people are still seeing movement just not as fast as before and I doubt it will change in summer most of the stuff they do now will be around with people who do pr apps doing it from home and not in officeses now