+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
I got my AOR on March 10th. Submitted application 4 business days before. With Covid19 they are still processing them but at a much slower pace. I have a feeling those applications that are with them will be processed first priority once its all resolved.

I noticed they placed one of my step daughters last name wrong as GERRA and not GUERRA. although all the documents have the correct spelling. Im not sure if its from my form. Should I have them change this or wait for them to bring it up? All my wifes information that im sponsoring is fine. I cant link the account to gc key as it says it cant locate it, even though im putting 100% the correct info. What should I do here? The online tool works and says Application recieved, it is where I noticed the spelling mistake

Thanks!
Where is the PA from? Maybe send them a web form about the spelling mistake!

OnlyJatt

Mar 20, 2020
In 2013, my student visa was refused and their was a UCI number mentioned on the refusal letter, will this uci number be same when my application will start processing? I have included that letter in the application.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
In 2013, my student visa was refused and their was a UCI number mentioned on the refusal letter, will this uci number be same when my application will start processing? I have included that letter in the application.
yes

Reactions: OnlyJatt

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
It's not closed. They're just not working on the applications
I think they are working, just not as fast. Probably not all staff are going to work, and those that are are overwhelmed by the number of applications? Anyhow, I saw movement for Nov 2019 Inland applicants on 31 march - for OWP approved (most of them got them in feb and a few in march, the last on 31st march). So my take is someones was actually working on their files for them to get approval on 31 march.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
I think they are working, just not as fast. Probably not all staff are going to work, and those that are are overwhelmed by the number of applications? Anyhow, I saw movement for Nov 2019 Inland applicants on 31 march - for OWP approved (most of them got them in feb and a few in march, the last on 31st march). So my take is someones was actually working on their files for them to get approval on 31 march.
Yes I know. I'm Outland so I'm mainly focused on my current office which is Sydney. Mississauga has movement so they are working a bit(Inland Office) . But this is an Outland thread so I'm only going to speak on behalf of people applying Outland at the moment. If you see any movement in the Outland portion via Sydney, not once transferred out, let me know as that is all I am concerned about at this time.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Yes I know. I'm Outland so I'm mainly focused on my current office which is Sydney. Mississauga has movement so they are working a bit(Inland Office) . But this is an Outland thread so I'm only going to speak on behalf of people applying Outland at the moment. If you see any movement in the Outland portion via Sydney, not once transferred out, let me know as that is all I am concerned about at this time.
Yes it seems there is no movement for CPC Sydney. I only saw one passport request on the 25th (this one was moved to Philippines VAC though). I am an inland applicant, and my sister in-law is a January outland applicant, so i tend to look at both. It is a slow pace, and can get very frustrating. I guess things will get slower while the pandemic lasts.

sukhoi2050

Mar 7, 2020
Hello Everyone,
OUT LAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP visa Application sent to Nova Scotia on: February 29,2020
Paper Application received by IRCC on: March 5,2020.

I did not received any delivery confirmation from Canada post and online tracking status was showing" In transit".
Mean while I called to immigration department (1-888-242-2100) on 10 March 2020 to confirm about the delivery of my application and the representative said CIC has received my file on 5th March 2020.

Now, Its almost about 15 working days but not received AOR1 or any kind of written email from CIC. Today I called again on the same number but they are not working.

Did anybody received AOR1 who submitted his/her file after March 5th 2020.
I think its delayed due to COVID 2019. Please share your experience or knowledge about this.
They received mine on March 6 and still no AOR

gayatri.kan

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Hi Everyone,
I sent my application on March 18th and they received my application on March 22nd for my spouse Open work permit and PR application from inside Canada. I do not have AOR yet
please add me to the tracker

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Someone on here said gov't is working from home...which I sincerely hope is right and I hope they are being paid well for their efforts. Sure immigration in general maybe not so much, but reuniting Canadians with their spouses should *absolutely* be considered "essential / critical" during this time.
I work for the Fed Gov tooI. IMO, I can absolutely said that immigration is not “essential” in the government’s eyes at the moment, with the acception of temporary foreign workers. The Gov’s effort is to bring all Canadians back to Canada, unfortunately our spouses are not Canadian or PR yet.

Government infrastructures are outdated already, they do not have the capacity, equipment or training to enable all or even half of the PWGS employees to work from home. Some departments (supervisor level and above) are allocated 1-2h time frames within their networks (DVPNI) per day to work from home, this is to manage traffic and overload on the networks. A lot of Fed Gov docs are “Protracted B” which require special printers, procedures and equipment. If not for anything, it will be super hard for some fed gov agencies to work form home due to security implications form working form home (un-secure establishment/equipment).

I miss my spouse just as much as you guys. But just think, even if they came here now....no jobs, health care system in overdrive, unstable economy. Do you really think Canada what’s to take on theunnesserary burden at this unprecedented time? And to make things worse, we cannot visit our spouse either.

DO YOUR PART: Stay safe, stay home and protect your neighbour.

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
I work for the Fed Gov tooI. IMO, I can absolutely said that immigration is not “essential” in the government’s eyes at the moment, with the acception of temporary foreign workers. The Gov’s effort is to bring all Canadians back to Canada, unfortunately our spouses are not Canadian or PR yet.

Government infrastructures are outdated already, they do not have the capacity, equipment or training to enable all or even half of the PWGS employees to work from home. Some departments (supervisor level and above) are allocated 1-2h time frames within their networks (DVPNI) per day to work from home, this is to manage traffic and overload on the networks. A lot of Fed Gov docs are “Protracted B” which require special printers, procedures and equipment. If not for anything, it will be super hard for some fed gov agencies to work form home due to security implications form working form home (un-secure establishment/equipment).

I miss my spouse just as much as you guys. But just think, even if they came here now....no jobs, health care system in overdrive, unstable economy. Do you really think Canada what’s to take on theunnesserary burden at this unprecedented time? And to make things worse, we cannot visit our spouse either.

Here's a list Canadian Federal essential services.

https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/ntnl-scrt/crtcl-nfrstrctr/esf-sfe-en.aspx

Canada’s National Strategy for Critical Infrastructure defines critical infrastructure as the processes, systems, facilities, technologies, networks, assets, and services essential to the health, safety, security or economic well-being of Canadians and the effective functioning of government. The Strategy classifies critical infrastructure in Canada according to ten sectors:

• Energy and Utilities
  • Information and Communication Technologies
  • Finance
  • Health
  • Food
  • Water
  • Transportation
  • Safety
  • Government
  • Manufacturing
To protect public health during the COVID-19 pandemic, travel restrictions are in effect for foreign nationals seeking to enter Canada. In the case of the United States, the intent is to restrict leisure travel while minimizing the impact on business activities required for Canada’s economic integrity

Reactions: CDNsoldier

ddzel

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
I work with an immigration consultant. IRCC will be having weekly meetings with several lawyers and consultants in the field to discuss immigration and what is considered a priority. From what he told us in terms of sponsorship, other family sponsorship is being out on hold and they are prioritizing spousal sponsorship. They will continue to process and accept new applications but there will be some delays due to covid 19 (I’m assuming limited workforce)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Well said.
1) OF COURSE this is not an essential service (as much as it pains me personally) - although here we have to underline this doesn't mean it isn't important to government, but not essential during a public health emergency. They'll get to it when they can. Important is not essential.
2) The infrastructure and process issues you refer to are not so easy to resolve, particularly when there are hundreds of other short-term priorities that need to be dealt with first - by which I mean the government has limited IT and related resources. Even if everyone could work from home (equipment) they'd also need to redesign and implement new processes and systems to support that. Scaling up the VPN network alone is a big job.

The government just announced and implemented a huge and complicated benefit package (both employment and income support) that something like three million Canadians (15% of the workforce I read) applied for in the space of three weeks. Surprisingly the infrastructure didn't collapse and even worked pretty well. There were people behind that and that was the priority, not PR claims.