+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** March 2020 INLAND Spouse Sponsorship ***

Smithham3

Jul 15, 2018
Hi All - Happy New Year. I presume it's dependent on the officer working the file but how long does it typically take for them to acknowledge additional documents provided by request. I uploaded via webform, as that's what the letter said, and through gckey as I also saw the option there.
They do not acknowledge additional documents receipt. If the additional documents u provided is sufficient, then u will receive AIP & SA soon but if it ain’t sufficient, then u will get another request saying it ain’t sufficient. As long as u submitted it on gckey and it shows that it has been uploaded and submitted then it means they have received it. What documents did they request for and when was your app received? Also, when was the additional documents received and when did u pass medicals?

Hazmatt

Apr 27, 2020
They do not acknowledge additional documents receipt. If the additional documents u provided is sufficient, then u will receive AIP & SA soon but if it ain’t sufficient, then u will get another request saying it ain’t sufficient. As long as u submitted it on gckey and it shows that it has been uploaded and submitted then it means they have received it. What documents did they request for and when was your app received? Also, when was the additional documents received and when did u pass medicals?
App received: March 10th
Military service detail IMM5546e was the form I missed on the initial application
Medicals passed Dec 21

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Hi All - Happy New Year. I presume it's dependent on the officer working the file but how long does it typically take for them to acknowledge additional documents provided by request. I uploaded via webform, as that's what the letter said, and through gckey as I also saw the option there.
I got a request to upload documents and about a week after uploading they still didn't show on my account. I called and they said they got them and it would take about two weeks for my account to update. Sure enough, two weeks to the day after I uploaded the docs it showed as "we have received your additional documents".

Your mileage may vary, but 2 weeks might be the norm.

Reactions: bonham

Razoray

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
I uploaded trough gckey what did the request if you don’t mind me asking

gallagher11

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
We also got a request for additional documents (proof of cohabitation/relationship). We uploaded our documents yesterday via webform as the IRCC letter requested. We weren't going to bother uploading via GCKey also but now I'm wondering if we should(?).

Hazmatt

Apr 27, 2020
We also got a request for additional documents (proof of cohabitation/relationship). We uploaded our documents yesterday via webform as the IRCC letter requested. We weren't going to bother uploading via GCKey also but now I'm wondering if we should(?).
I honestly don't know that answer but I saw the option when I logged in to check on the status, which I now do daily, so I figured I would also put it there.

Reactions: gallagher11

gallagher11

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
No i never did medical exams before. And on ecas it only says the date they received and when they started processing the application. Nothing more not even if they received my csq or not. to link my app. I tried many combinations but still nothing. I also cannot access ecas using my name only the sponsors info.
Hi Mirh,

I think many of us are/were making similar mistakes when trying to link our applications on GCKey. Try following the instructions at the below link carefully. They worked nicely for my wife.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-link-an-application-to-cic-account-step-by-step-instruction.619724/

Where we were entering the wrong information before was on step #7 (using sponsor UCI) and also on step #12 (entering 1 instead of 2).

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Quick question:

How do I send a message to IRCC online?

When logged into my account I can see my PR and OWP applications listed, and several incoming messages, but I don't see a way to send them a message.

Is there a link I'm missing?

yella10

Jul 31, 2019
My new passport just came in the mail today. Renewed it last Oct 2020 because it expires on March 2021. How should I update them about this? Is submitting a web form - case specific enquiry and attaching a copy of my new passport enough?

Also, about my owp, it expires March 2021 as well. Can I extend it with my new passport?

Thank you for all your help!

Smithham3

Jul 15, 2018
My new passport just came in the mail today. Renewed it last Oct 2020 because it expires on March 2021. How should I update them about this? Is submitting a web form - case specific enquiry and attaching a copy of my new passport enough?

Also, about my owp, it expires March 2021 as well. Can I extend it with my new passport?

Thank you for all your help!
You can submit it via webform.

Advise tho, it’s best to let them request for the renewed passport copy, as I know of someone that sent a copy of his renewed passport via webform immediately he got the passport but was still requested through gckey to submit a copy of the new passport.

Besides, they might not even request for it as March applicants are close to PR approval and u might not even need to extend your owp.

However, due to the pandemic to be on the safe side, u can just send a copy of the new passport via webform and apply to extend your owp with the new passport.

Either way is fine, because if PR gets approved around Jan - feb, u will get a refund for the owp extension.

choice is yours tho.

Last edited: