+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** March 2020 INLAND Spouse Sponsorship ***

FamilyOfSix

Jan 12, 2020
Hey all. I had previously done Medicals for my wife and kids on a previously submitted (and unsuccessful) PR application in 2018.
When I put this application in I included the documentation we received from those medical exams.
On MyCIC it shows that they are reviewing the results of the medical exams. What are the odds they approve them, being that they are over a year old? And if it is 0 (as is my suspicion) then why are they processing them...?

Marvin23

Oct 11, 2020
Hey all. I had previously done Medicals for my wife and kids on a previously submitted (and unsuccessful) PR application in 2018.
When I put this application in I included the documentation we received from those medical exams.
On MyCIC it shows that they are reviewing the results of the medical exams. What are the odds they approve them, being that they are over a year old? And if it is 0 (as is my suspicion) then why are they processing them...?
Is your medicals showed as "under review" or "passed"? They approved your document probably because you're inland and never left Canada since 2018.

I did a medical test in 2019 and submit it with my application in March. After received AOR I linked it with GCkey, finding the medical result is showed as passed. The passing date is as same as the AOR date, which is two weeks after the anniversary of the 2019 medical check. Maybe in the future they will ask me to do another one but so far I didn't receive medical request as the majority of March applicants have.

Smithham3

Jul 15, 2018
hi everyone, what is next after medical examination and the time life?
thanks.
After medicals, if the officer is satisfied with your app, the next step should be SA, AIP, DM and CoPR but if they ain’t satisfied then expect more requests like PCC, proof of cohabitation or proof of relationship, CV and many more until they are satisfied then SA, AIP, DM and CoPR.

no specific timeline as every app is different and it also depends on the officer in charge on the app.

tttien.vn

Apr 11, 2020
After medicals, if the officer is satisfied with your app, the next step should be SA, AIP, DM and CoPR but if they ain’t satisfied then expect more requests like PCC, proof of cohabitation or proof of relationship, CV and many more until they are satisfied then SA, AIP, DM and CoPR.

no specific timeline as every app is different and it also depends on the officer in charge on the app.
Thank you.

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC

I'm in the same spot - just finished up medical (with biometrics appt early January) - so thanks for this. However, for the uninitiated (most certainly not me -ahem...), that alphabet soup of acronyms might not be clear. Care to break them down for the, um, other folks here?

I'll start:

AIP: Approved In Principle

Yeah, that's all I got....

Hazmatt

Apr 27, 2020
I'm in the same spot - just finished up medical (with biometrics appt early January) - so thanks for this. However, for the uninitiated (most certainly not me -ahem...), that alphabet soup of acronyms might not be clear. Care to break them down for the, um, other folks here?

I'll start:

SA: Sponsor Approval
DM: Decision Made
CoPR: Confirmation of Permenant Residence

The first two tabs in this sheet are helpful

Last edited:

Smithham3

Jul 15, 2018

I'll start:

SA - Sponsor Approval
AIP - Approval in principle
DM - Decision made
CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residence.

others

PCC - Police Clearance Certificate.

Reactions: Underhill