+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** March 2020 INLAND Spouse Sponsorship ***

Awthabit

Oct 23, 2020
Hello guys,

I'm extremely frustrated right now. I am an April 2nd applicant and my OWP application was returned because there was a problem with my IMM 5710. I don't understand why it was returned, I looked over it and everything was filled as was asked. I plan on calling tomorrow for more information about why it was returned.
Regardless, does anyone have an Idea of when the OWP will be processed once I resubmit it? Is it fast tracked in any way? will I have to wait until November applications are processed?

Thank you in advance

Reactions: J20190911

jobandhindsa

Jan 15, 2014
I was able to link my PR application today finally after months of trying. No AOR received still. It says application received 26 march.

i was able to link using my UCI number and application number that was on the biometrics fees reminder email. F000xxxxxx

now i can finally breath easy knowing its moving atleast.

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
Hello guys,

I'm extremely frustrated right now. I am an April 2nd applicant and my OWP application was returned because there was a problem with my IMM 5710. I don't understand why it was returned, I looked over it and everything was filled as was asked. I plan on calling tomorrow for more information about why it was returned.
Regardless, does anyone have an Idea of when the OWP will be processed once I resubmit it? Is it fast tracked in any way? will I have to wait until November applications are processed?

Thank you in advance
Check, if you have paid correct fee or not. Normally when it's returned, it should included a note to tell you their reasons.
Have you received AOR? You can resubmit it with copy of AOR and supportdocuments (if any), but you need to know why they returned your app first.

Marvin23

Oct 11, 2020
I was able to link my PR application today finally after months of trying. No AOR received still. It says application received 26 march.

i was able to link using my UCI number and application number that was on the biometrics fees reminder email. F000xxxxxx

now i can finally breath easy knowing its moving atleast.
Happy for you! When you receive AOR, please let us know.

bonham

Aug 3, 2020
Vancouver Island
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-03-2020
AOR Received.
29-10-20
An update on our open work permit. Our application was submitted on March 18th. It was Linked on Oct 21st and approved online Nov 17th. Now to wait for it to arrive via mail. It's nice to see things moving even if it does feel rather slow.

Awthabit

Oct 23, 2020
Check, if you have paid correct fee or not. Normally when it's returned, it should included a note to tell you their reasons.
Have you received AOR? You can resubmit it with copy of AOR and supportdocuments (if any), but you need to know why they returned your app first.
I called IRCC today and apparently they sent the application back because I did not include a handwritten signature at the end of the document. I read through the instruction guide and I never saw anything that indicated that I needed to include a handwritten signature along the electronic signature so I’m a little confused at this point.

I refilled the document and sent it along with all the required documents and the document I originally sent.

I’m just curious to see if other provided a handwritten signature for their OWP?

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
I called IRCC today and apparently they sent the application back because I did not include a handwritten signature at the end of the document. I read through the instruction guide and I never saw anything that indicated that I needed to include a handwritten signature along the electronic signature so I’m a little confused at this point.

I refilled the document and sent it along with all the required documents and the document I originally sent.

I’m just curious to see if other provided a handwritten signature for their OWP?
No matter what the document says, you should provide a handwritten signature for any IRCC applications. Especially if it is a paper application. It just puts you on the safe side. Just speaking from my experience with them.

Reactions: Awthabit

Canausa90

Jan 6, 2020
Vancouver, BC
We got the Biometrics instruction letter today!
Has anyone successfully given Biometrics in the Metro Vancouver Area ? If so, at which Service Canada location ?

bonham

Aug 3, 2020
Vancouver Island
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-03-2020
AOR Received.
29-10-20
We got the Biometrics instruction letter today!
Has anyone successfully given Biometrics in the Metro Vancouver Area ? If so, at which Service Canada location ?
That is great news! I'm pretty sure they call you to make an appointment as the offices are closed to walkups.

Canausa90

Jan 6, 2020
Vancouver, BC
That is great news! I'm pretty sure they call you to make an appointment as the offices are closed to walkups.
Yes, I realize that. I was more wondering what offices in the area are even available via appointment.
From what I understand it is not all of them in metro Vancouver.

bonham

Aug 3, 2020
Vancouver Island
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-03-2020
AOR Received.
29-10-20
Yes, I realize that. I was more wondering what offices in the area are even available via appointment.
From what I understand it is not all of them in metro Vancouver.
I'm on Vancouver Island and I think the closest to me is 2 hours south in Victoria. :(

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
What happens when your application is sent back for not including your police report, for instance? Do you have to fill and sign ALL the forms again or do you just resend the existing forms and include the police report?
And how do you pay the new amount - just pay $10 or $500, even if you have not been refunded?

Thanks