+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** March 2020 INLAND Spouse Sponsorship ***

Marvin23

Oct 11, 2020
I am March 5th applicant n I got biometric instruction letter Oct 26th BUT my OWP is approved at October 20th, still haven't received by mail(actual paper permit). Already 3 weeks
The whole process for inland applications seems stop again, the last move was some March 23 applicants received AOR on November 6, then nothing happened for a week.

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
This is the March Inland forum which means we submitted from within Canada. My husband is the applicant and I am the sponsor, a Canadian citizen. I was stating what our lawyer instructed us to do in the event it may help others.
Yes, this threat is March inland. If your husband is principal applicant stay in Canada now and apply Sponsorship inland, so he don't need upfront Canadian police check, if IRCC need , they will ask your husband to do fingerprints - PPC later. Check other post, many people mention about that.
If your lawyer told/advice you to do Canadian police check, you follow his instructions, anyway you paid to be served.
Also, I don't know what is your lawyer's instruction, and how to do upfront PPC.

Last edited:

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Quick question guys - did you send the original copy of your foreign police certificate or a copy of it?

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Just got my biometrics instruction letter (via email). It says I need to give biometrics within 90 days. I still have not received an AOR, but I used the info on the bio letter to find my application and link it. There, the process breakdown for biometrics and medical says "We do not need your fingerprints", and "You do not need a medical exam", respectively. I have never provided either to Canada for any reason, so I'm wondering if this is Covid related (the biometrics collection locations in my area - Vancouver - is closed until further notice, and so to are the places that provide medical exams).

So do I follow the instructions in my online application (they need nothing from me), or the email they just sent me saying I need to provide biometrics?

bonham

Aug 3, 2020
Vancouver Island
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-03-2020
AOR Received.
29-10-20
So do I follow the instructions in my online application (they need nothing from me), or the email they just sent me saying I need to provide biometrics?
You should be able to disregard the email. They will call you with instructions for biometrics. This is the quote from the website:

"
Service Canada Centres are gradually resuming biometrics collection services for permanent residence applicants who have received a biometric instruction letter (BIL) and have not given their biometrics within the last 10 years.

Service Canada officers will call you at the telephone number you provided in your application to schedule your biometrics appointment. There is no additional fee to pay, and you don’t need a new BIL."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html

Hazmatt

Apr 27, 2020
You should be able to disregard the email. They will call you with instructions for biometrics. This is the quote from the website:

"
Service Canada Centres are gradually resuming biometrics collection services for permanent residence applicants who have received a biometric instruction letter (BIL) and have not given their biometrics within the last 10 years.

Service Canada officers will call you at the telephone number you provided in your application to schedule your biometrics appointment. There is no additional fee to pay, and you don’t need a new BIL."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html

Has anyone that received the Biometrics Instruction Letter gotten a call from Service Canada? I received mine on October 30th and haven't heard a thing.

Marge88

Aug 31, 2020
Has anyone that received the Biometrics Instruction Letter gotten a call from Service Canada? I received mine on October 30th and haven't heard a thing.
Have you looked on the website to see if your service canada is open for biometrics?
I received the Biometrics letter a week ago but the service canada near me is closed for biometrics so I don't expect to receive a phone call anytime soon

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Have you looked on the website to see if your service canada is open for biometrics?
I received the Biometrics letter a week ago but the service canada near me is closed for biometrics so I don't expect to receive a phone call anytime soon
Same situation here. Got my biometrics instruction letter/email a couple of days and, but currently the biometrics section of my application online says something like "we do not need your biometrics". Checking biometrics locations in my area shows nothing open at all.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I really appreciate your help. Also in IMM1344 part 2 (Sponsorship agreement) mentioned the sponsor and cosigner before a sponsorship undertaking can be approved, enter into a written agreement with the person to be sponsored.
Does it mean me (principle) and my sponsor should sign any written agreement and hand it in our package?
If yes, could you tell me how to do this?
There is a space for the sponsor to sign, the co signer (you’ll leave this blank and write N/A), and the sponsored person. Try and read the guide. The checklist will also show you what forms need to be signed by who

michaelmtlla

Aug 28, 2020
Question: what happens if my common-law partner's TRV is expiring Dec 31, 2020 but we received the OWP a few days ago and it's valid for 2 years. Do we need to apply for a TRV that ends when the OWP ends? Thank you.

Razoray

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Question: what happens if my common-law partner's TRV is expiring Dec 31, 2020 but we received the OWP a few days ago and it's valid for 2 years. Do we need to apply for a TRV that ends when the OWP ends? Thank you.
no the work permit is then your temporary status