+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** March 2020 INLAND Spouse Sponsorship ***

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
So I just got off the phone with IRCC and apparently one does not invalidate the other.
Nobody can have 2 status as the same time such as Study permit and Work permit. When you have your study permit, then you apply WP with a form, that form's name quite clearly. It means you're going to exchange your status. After you got your new permit, you are no longer in conditions/status before.
When you got your wP there is conditions as well, on paper quote.

Last edited:

nonameizz

Oct 18, 2020
I explained my situation. Came to Canada on a study permit. Got married 4 years later. Applied for spousal sponsorship in March 2020. Have a study permit until May 2021. Just got an OWP. and I asked: Does getting an OWP invalidate my study permit. The agent I spoke with put me on hold and told me a few minutes later that no it does not.

Reactions: Marge88

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
We received our OWP approval letter! It did not go to the sponsor's or the applicant's email address. We had to log into GCKey and look in our "messages" section. It showed up a day after it said "approved" in our account. I should also mention that we got a ghost update a day before it said "approved" in our account.
what’s your timeline?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi every one
I’m completing my inland common law sponsorship package! I have couple questions!!
1) Do I need to notarized support letters from friends and family? (How many letter would be enough?)
2) How can I pay the total amount for application I just found PR fee which is online, I couldn’t find the rest!
3) Do I need photo from my sponsor or only photo of me would be enough? (Photo for PR)
4) my common law partner (sponsor) wasn’t born here, should I translate his ID from back home or just my id is enough?
Thanks
1) No
2) https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/fee-wizard/welcome
3) Photo is required for the Pa and accompanying dependents (if any) not the sponsor
4) sponsor needs to submit PR card or proof of citizenship

Read the guide and checklist. All your questions are answered there.

Reactions: arasteh_sh

Messa123

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
After waiting for 7 +months my owp and pr app was returned today just because I was missing a handwritten signature next to a typed one on the IMM 5669 form. Heartbreaking and so cruel honestly, we had a baby 5 months ago and I was looking forward to providing for my family and this happens

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
I explained my situation. Came to Canada on a study permit. Got married 4 years later. Applied for spousal sponsorship in March 2020. Have a study permit until May 2021. Just got an OWP. and I asked: Does getting an OWP invalidate my study permit. The agent I spoke with put me on hold and told me a few minutes later that no it does not.
You should review your question again to make sure your question more clearly. What is your status right now, could they help you check it? When you know your status, you know your answer. If they tell your status now you are in Canada as an student and worker, so they have changed/updated new system for you. I don't know. Whatever I've never seen people have more than one status in Canada.
Another question, mostly people asked having WP, do they can continue their study?

Last edited:

Razoray

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
no as I did I applied for extension of stay because my visa expired back in April and before that I applied for the work permit .as of now it seems the work permit will be done before the extension of stay I to phoned them and one does not cancel out the other unless it’s directly contradicting the other one you can have a work permit and study permit at the same time
You should review your question again to make sure your question more clearly. What is your status right now, could they help you check it? When you know your status, you know your answer.

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
Visa and permit are very different.
I'm not clear that you said you extended your stay because your study permit expired or visa?
I may suppose you apply to extended your study permit first, so it valid until May 2021, then you sent our your sponsorship with OWP, so you got your WP now. As a result, you got a renew study permit and a new WP. I guess you want to continue your study, so that you wonder to know your study permit still valid for you to continue study, right? What is your question, again?

Last edited:

Messa123

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
After waiting for 7 +months my owp and pr app was returned today just because I was missing a handwritten signature next to a typed one on the IMM 5669 form. Heartbreaking and so cruel honestly, we had a baby 5 months ago and I was looking forward to providing for my family and this happens
Does anyone know what should I do now ?
Just resend with the signature and the same dates and update the documents ?
So confused right now because I also have to restore my status and someone also mentioned some change in fees.

Razoray

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Resend with updated documents and the checklist that they sent back showing you what was wrong add that page to I think on the previous page there was a guy that had the same issue with a birth certificate follow his advice. His was returned and he sent everything back with the notice

Reactions: bonham and Messa123

Razoray

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Visa and permit are very different.
I'm not clear that you said you extended your stay because your study permit expired or visa?
I may suppose you apply to extended your study permit first, so it valid until May 2021, then you sent our your sponsorship with OWP, so you got your WP now. So your got a renew study permit and a new WP. I guess you want to continue your study, so that you wonder to know your study permit still valid for you to continue study, right? What is your question, again?
Lot of people work to pay for there studies so for them if you can’t have 2 permits how can you work to pay for study’s

Razoray

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Lot of people work to pay for there studies so for them if you can’t have 2 permits how can you work to pay for study’s
Update on my March application: My wife (the sponsor) got an email this morning from CPC asking for a missing document (my daughters birth certificate - they wanted a copy that includes both sides (yes, even the back - which is blank...). Instead of sending the application back they included a link to upload the requested doc.

A little backstory: I was originally an early February applicant but it was sent back in early March for a missing document (payment receipt for my non-accompanying non-custodial daughter). The returned application had a cover sheet from CPC with a checklist of possible reasons why the application was returned. Only one box was checked. I included the receipt of payment AND a copy of the CPC checklist, and hand wrote a note on this checklist explaining that I've added the missing doc.

The email this morning indicated that there was a clerical error with the first checklist, and that it also should have included a request for the back page of the birth certificate. I'm sure that had I not included a copy of their application return checklist they would have sent my application back a second time.

So the moral of the story is, if your application gets returned for missing info/docs, include a copy of their return checklist back with your application. This way, when someone new opens your returned application they can see that you've complied with their request, and that if further docs are needed it's on them. It may help avoid getting your application returned a second time.

Reactions: Messa123