Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-03-2020
AOR Received.
29-10-20
In the Whatsapp chat a few people have called IRCC and have been told the Mississauga office is now open. If this is correct things should start moving once more. Let's keep our fingers and toes crossed.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
In the Whatsapp chat a few people have called IRCC and have been told the Mississauga office is now open. If this is correct things should start moving once more. Let's keep our fingers and toes crossed.
Awesome

gallagher11

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
My wife (principal applicant) just received a biometrics fee reminder letter today via email. We are an inland application (OWP + PR) and the CPC Mississauga received our package in their facility on March 4th (note I mean that it was delivered to their facility on this date, but we have no AOR yet).

Did anyone else who submitted their application around this time also get a biometrics fee email? It was a relief to see something -- at least there is some indication that they are opening packages sent around this time.

I don't know what this means in terms of how soon we can expect an AOR, which we are anxiously awaiting. If the envelope has been opened, I'm hoping it means soon... We have to apply for her visitor record by next week as the 6 month mark is coming up soon.

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
My wife (principal applicant) just received a biometrics fee reminder letter today via email. We are an inland application (OWP + PR) and the CPC Mississauga received our package in their facility on March 4th (note I mean that it was delivered to their facility on this date, but we have no AOR yet).

Did anyone else who submitted their application around this time also get a biometrics fee email? It was a relief to see something -- at least there is some indication that they are opening packages sent around this time.

I don't know what this means in terms of how soon we can expect an AOR, which we are anxiously awaiting. If the envelope has been opened, I'm hoping it means soon... We have to apply for her visitor record by next week as the 6 month mark is coming up soon.
Wow! Movement on a March Inland application! I'm March 12, and while I have yet to receive any communication from IRCC, I paid my bio fees upfront. Hopefully this means AOR's are imminent for us March applicants. Thanks for the encouraging update!

Reactions: lacey and Tishawn

gallagher11

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Wow! Movement on a March Inland application! I'm March 12, and while I have yet to receive any communication from IRCC, I paid my bio fees upfront. Hopefully this means AOR's are imminent for us March applicants. Thanks for the encouraging update!
Yeah I'm hoping for the same. It's been a long time coming for everyone.

To be honest, I was surprised we received a biometrics fee email before AOR. The email references the "application for permanent residency" so the implication is that someone has opened the package, yet there's no AOR... I'm not sure if the bio fee reminder is usually what people receive first or not.

Navsukh21

Oct 3, 2018
On Imm0008 Question 3. Number of applicants, I wrote 1 instead of 2. Now I realise that it includes both sponser and PA. Will it cause any trouble for me.

lacey

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
AOR Received.
10-05-2021
Med's Request
15-06-2021
Med's Done....
24-06-21
On Imm0008 Question 3. Number of applicants, I wrote 1 instead of 2. Now I realise that it includes both sponser and PA. Will it cause any trouble for me.
The sponsor is the sponsor, not an applicant. There would be more than 1 applicant if you were sponsoring the primary applicant and dependants. Your original answer is correct!

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
On that form it’s correct. If there aren’t any dependents and you are the only applicant it’s one. When linking to GCKEY where it wants you to enter the number of people then there you include the sponsor and it becomes 2. So don’t get yourself confused and worried about that

gallagher11

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
I realized now that we made a (hopefully small) mistake on my wife's open work permit application. On the form where it says "If applicable, provide the most recent document number of the work permit, study permit, or temporary resident permit issued to you." we were supposed to leave this section blank (my wife has a TRV, not a TRP), but we put the TRV number in there.

We are hoping that this is a minor mistake and that it won't get returned to us... I hope that their office can deduce exactly what this mistake is in a second. I figure that the TRV has a distinct document # format compared to others so it should be obvious what the mistake is.

Does anyone know on what grounds they usually return applications to people? I'm hoping that this would only be done for things such as missing documents, a missing signature, etc.

Razoray

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Everyday is one day less By the way I was wondering on the application for open work permit a lot of the pages I could not fill out because I was not in the respective groups example provinces nominees or express enters so had to leave them blank but feels like the application was incomplete any one feel like that

Wensy

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Everyday is one day less By the way I was wondering on the application for open work permit a lot of the pages I could not fill out because I was not in the respective groups example provinces nominees or express enters so had to leave them blank but feels like the application was incomplete any one feel like that
What do u mean? I do not understand what you want to say.. sorry

Dencobob

Aug 18, 2020
hi everyone
Just discovered this page and the thread has been so informative

Similarly to an earlier post...
My wife (principal applicant) just received a biometrics fee reminder letter today via email. We are an inland application (OWP + PR) and the CPC Mississauga received our package in their facility on March 10th (note I mean that it was delivered to their facility on this date, but we have no AOR yet).

We used the fee calculator when we applied and paid all fee in a single payment of $1530
my problem now is I don’t remember the breakdown of the fees if it includes the biometric fee

I tried the fee calculator today and it came up to $1540 and bio fee is included
I’m guessing the difference might be an increase from April 30th CIC price increase

Anyone with similar issues
please advice

Hazmatt

Apr 27, 2020
hi everyone
Just discovered this page and the thread has been so informative

Similarly to an earlier post...
My wife (principal applicant) just received a biometrics fee reminder letter today via email. We are an inland application (OWP + PR) and the CPC Mississauga received our package in their facility on March 10th (note I mean that it was delivered to their facility on this date, but we have no AOR yet).

We used the fee calculator when we applied and paid all fee in a single payment of $1530
my problem now is I don’t remember the breakdown of the fees if it includes the biometric fee

I tried the fee calculator today and it came up to $1540 and bio fee is included
I’m guessing the difference might be an increase from April 30th CIC price increase

Anyone with similar issues
please advice
I am glad to get "something" from them but I am also confused by the fees...I did not choose OWP and paid $1125. It most likely includes Biometrics but now I can't remember. I wish the receipt had a breakdown. Also, does this mean they opened the package and started working towards AOR?