+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** March 2020 INLAND Spouse Sponsorship ***

Jun 29, 2020
Hi All,

I hope everyone is doing good.

We sent an application on April 25th and delivered on May 4th, still waiting for the application response.
If we need to wait so long due to covid, can we apply for a visitor visa extension by mentioning that we waiting for the application response and also attach the fee, docs to proof? Since a visitor visa that anyone can stay for 6 months only.

Can anyone similar situation? experience please share!!!
Any whats app group?

I really appreciate your help and response in advance.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi All,

I hope everyone is doing good.

We sent an application on April 25th and delivered on May 4th, still waiting for the application response.
If we need to wait so long due to covid, can we apply for a visitor visa extension by mentioning that we waiting for the application response and also attach the fee, docs to proof? Since a visitor visa that anyone can stay for 6 months only.

Can anyone similar situation? experience please share!!!
Any whats app group?

I really appreciate your help and response in advance.
Yes you can apply for extension of stay. Apart from the reason you've mentioned, you will also need to show ties to home country and intent/plan to return to home country if application is not successful. Also if there is a change of reason for entry (original and now) you will need to explain this. And show proof of financial support (could be yours or spouses or both)

lacey

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
AOR Received.
10-05-2021
Med's Request
15-06-2021
Med's Done....
24-06-21
Has anyone heard anything about their applications yet? On the spreadsheet no one in February has updated AOR since April 30th. Just wondering if anyone's heard anything.

My hubby just got approved yesterday for his 1 year visitor visa extension. We applied for that the same day we sent in his PR and OWP application.

JYG

Apr 10, 2020
Windsor
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Hi everyone,
My situation is a bit complicated... I am an international student (study permit expires on July 2021, also have a valid visitor visa until 2023), my husband is Canadian and he sponsors me for spousal inland application. We send the application on March 16th, still haven't heard from immigration.
I got a job offer back in my home country, and we intend to go there for a few months. We know that there are the biometrics and medical test that need to be done at one point, we will be able to come back as soon as required.
My questions are, will I be allowed back in Canada? Is there anything I should say or do or bring with me? What are the risks?
Sorry for the long message, and thank you for reading :)

bian07

May 19, 2017
Hi everyone,
My situation is a bit complicated... I am an international student (study permit expires on July 2021, also have a valid visitor visa until 2023), my husband is Canadian and he sponsors me for spousal inland application. We send the application on March 16th, still haven't heard from immigration.
I got a job offer back in my home country, and we intend to go there for a few months. We know that there are the biometrics and medical test that need to be done at one point, we will be able to come back as soon as required.
My questions are, will I be allowed back in Canada? Is there anything I should say or do or bring with me? What are the risks?
Sorry for the long message, and thank you for reading :)
Since you applied inland you should withdraw the application and apply outland instead. If you apply inland you should be living inside canada throughout the whole application process, usually short trips (2-3 weeks maximum) are fine, but if you stay too long outside Canada they see your application as abandoned and you have to reapply anyway.

Reactions: JYG

JYG

Apr 10, 2020
Windsor
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Since you applied inland you should withdraw the application and apply outland instead. If you apply inland you should be living inside canada throughout the whole application process, usually short trips (2-3 weeks maximum) are fine, but if you stay too long outside Canada they see your application as abandoned and you have to reapply anyway.
I understand, thank you for the quick reply!
Would you say its worth it? Should I withdraw and apply for outland or stay?.. Based on the delay in times of the applications due to COVID...

Reactions: sharmgop

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Would you say its worth it? Should I withdraw and apply for outland or stay?.. Based on the delay in times of the applications due to COVID...
Outland spousal sponsorship refers to an application in which sponsor (your husband) has to stay in Canada throughout the process and you (principle applicant) have to stay in your home country. You may choose wisely which one you want. Outland processing is also being delayed. Moreover, there are restrictions on people other than citizens/permanent residents to be able to allowed entry in Canada. You should confirm those. Don’t make a decision without consulting with a worthy lawyer. I hope my reply would help you.

Last edited:

bian07

May 19, 2017
Honestly it's your decision how badly you want to take the job, personally I wouldnt, mainly because it would be a hassle to go through the application process again and losing the time

bian07

May 19, 2017
Outland spousal sponsorship refers to an application in which sponsor (your husband) has to stay in Canada throughout the process and you (principle applicant) have to stay in your home country. You may choose wisely which one you want. Outland processing is also being delayed. Moreover, there are restrictions on people other than citizens/permanent residents to be able to allowed entry in Canada. You should confirm those. Don’t make a decision without consulting with a worthy lawyer. I hope my reply would help you.
That's not completely true. Only sponsors that are permanent residents have to be in canada during the outland sponsorship, and the principal applicant can be in canada as well. Doing an outland sponsorship would simply mean the could travel back to their homecountry without having the fear that the application would get withdrawn if the principal applicant leaves canada. They would also not be eligible for a work permit.

There is also no need for a lawyer if the application is straightforward and doesnt have red flags

Reactions: JYG and sharmgop

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
That's not completely true. Only sponsors that are permanent residents have to be in canada during the outland sponsorship, and the principal applicant can be in canada as well. Doing an outland sponsorship would simply mean the could travel back to their homecountry without having the fear that the application would get withdrawn if the principal applicant leaves canada. They would also not be eligible for a work permit.

There is also no need for a lawyer if the application is straightforward and doesnt have red flags
lol
For your kind information, even if she exits Canada, her re entry would be dependent on the discretion of the immigration officer, [the immigration authority would decide her re entry].
It would be a problematic situation in such case because of covid 19, they might delay her entry. Also, it’s always helpful to consult with an actual Imm lawyer before you make such decisions.

bian07

May 19, 2017
lol
For your kind information, even if she exits Canada, her re entry would be dependent on the discretion of the immigration officer, [the immigration authority would decide her re entry].
It would be a problematic situation in such case because of covid 19, they might delay her entry. Also, it’s always helpful to consult with an actual Imm lawyer before you make such decisions.
Yeah, but that is always a thing, anyone could be turned away at the border, that happened a lot even without the pandemic. Still does not change the fact that during an outland application you can still come to canada or even live in canada. Successful making it into canada at the border is a different story.

JYG

Apr 10, 2020
Windsor
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Thank you so much!!!

JYG

Apr 10, 2020
Windsor
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
I think it will be safer to just stay and hope I will get the OWP soon. It sounds too complicated and I don't want to be dependent on an officer at the border if he is having a bad day and doesn't feel like letting me in the country.
Thank you all for the help, it is much appreciated.

Reactions: edenfair

SHPAH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
lol
Also I’m canadian by birth and living in Kuwait. I married my wife in Lebanon and now she is in Kuwait with me. We submitted her Outland sponsorship. While both of us in Kuwait together.

Razoray

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
my application was delivered 27 march for inland spousal sponsorship and owp and not a single word from them anyone hear anything or got there AOR

Reactions: Oyibo Pepper