+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** March 2020 INLAND Spouse Sponsorship ***

Canausa90

Jan 6, 2020
Vancouver, BC
We finally received SA and AIP yesterday!! Waiting on DM now.
March 18th Application.
DM Received today!

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office in VANCOUVER will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application
Does Anyone know if this means we will not being using the new Portal to confirm PR and get the PR Card ?

Razoray

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
my phone number has changed since i did my application do they call a person for anything or is all done trough email

Mirh

Jan 4, 2021
Congrats for all the CoPRs. !i got SA and AIP on the 19th. Medical passed too. Today on my GCKey it showed account/ profile updated but there was no update. ...is this a sign i will get something soon ?

Reactions: J20190911

gallagher11

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Decision made on sponsor’s side is SA, then for PA’s side, we started processing on January 8 is AIP...even tho it shows DM on both sides, it still needs to go to local immigration office for final approval as only them can issue CoPR which is the landing process.

SA and AIP is only initial approval stage

while CoPR is final approval which takes place at local office...don’t worry even if it still says they are reviewing your eligibility, it has already been reviewed hence the AIP, it’s because of the pandemic that’s why CoPR is taking so long.
On ECAS, my side (sponsor) has decision made and I received an email confirmation that I was approved as sponsor.

My wife (PA)'s side however still has "In Process" and that her application began processing on Jan. 19th. Does this mean that she has AIP?

On GCKey, it says that they are still awaiting documents from her (proof of cohabitation, which we sent back via webform back on Jan. 4th). I'm confused whether she has approval in principle or not if the message stating that they need more documents is still on GCKey.

Smithham3

Jul 15, 2018
On ECAS, my side (sponsor) has decision made and I received an email confirmation that I was approved as sponsor.

My wife (PA)'s side however still has "In Process" and that her application began processing on Jan. 19th. Does this mean that she has AIP?

On GCKey, it says that they are still awaiting documents from her (proof of cohabitation, which we sent back via webform back on Jan. 4th). I'm confused whether she has approval in principle or not if the message stating that they need more documents is still on GCKey.
They normally issue AIP along side with SA on the day they start processing the PA’s side...what I wrote earlier is because the person also received AIP as well but since u got a request for proof of cohabitation then until the officer is satisfied with the additional documents before they issue AIP on the PA’s gckey account.

once PA’s side switches to DM as well then u know that’s either eligibility pass or not and they will send an email on gckey accordingly.

gallagher11

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
They normally issue AIP along side with SA on the day the start processing the PA’s side...what I wrote earlier is because the person also received AIP as well but since u got a request for proof of cohabitation then until the officer is satisfied with the additional documents before they issue AIP on the PA’s gckey account.
Ah ok, thanks for the clarification.

I hope they will review/update my wife's application with the forms we sent them soon.

gallagher11

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Oh, I didn't know it usually took that long. Hopefully then they will get to it by next week since that will be 4 weeks.

We were starting to get concerned that there wasn't a status update on GCKey and was wondering if our documents somehow didn't make it to our file when we sent it via webform.

Smithham3

Jul 15, 2018
Oh, I didn't know it usually took that long. Hopefully then they will get to it by next week since that will be 4 weeks.

We were starting to get concerned that there wasn't a status update on GCKey and was wondering if our documents somehow didn't make it to our file when we sent it via webform.
Lol don’t stress, hopefully they review it next week.

Reactions: Jash91