Aug 17, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
12-03-2020
Did anyone apply for a extension of stay after applying for open work permit because there visa was about to expire and if so what order where the approved
I entered Canada on a Visitor Visa then applied for PR and OWP and due to COVID-19 had to extend my stay or apply for a Visitor Record, that got approved and then only my OWP

Hope this helps

Razoray

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
I entered Canada on a Visitor Visa then applied for PR and OWP and due to COVID-19 had to extend my stay or apply for a Visitor Record, that got approved and then only my OWP

Hope this helps
i applied for pr and owp on March 31 and for visitors record in June and when I check on line both say submitted and that’s it so a bit worried about having 2 applications open and not a response from anyone regarding them

cptn_redbeard

Aug 17, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
12-03-2020
i applied for pr and owp on March 31 and for visitors record in June and when I check on line both say submitted and that’s it so a bit worried about having 2 applications open and not a response from anyone regarding them
At the moment it is a waiting game, if you applied for Visitor Record before your Visitor Visa expired, you are on implied status and have nothing to worry about.
It might help to just log a Webform or phone them and ask if there is an update, if you get the standard reply about how busy they are then unfortunately you will just have to wait till they get to it.
Rest assured that the fact that you have 2 applications open at the same time would not affect the one or the other.

yella10

Jul 31, 2019
I’ve received my Biometrics Instruction Letter. Can I request for an appointment online or just wait for an officer to automatically call me?

Thanks!

yella10

Jul 31, 2019
When was your app received ?
My app was received March 23. I received the BIL Nov 24. I read the guideline (link given from the BIL) and it says “an officer will call you to book an appointment” that’s why I want to ask if I should wait for that or just request appointment already because when you request online, the officer will call.

Smithham3

Jul 15, 2018
My app was received March 23. I received the BIL Nov 24. I read the guideline (link given from the BIL) and it says “an officer will call you to book an appointment” that’s why I want to ask if I should wait for that or just request appointment already because when you request online, the officer will call.
As of November 30 u can now book biometrics appointment online.
Use link below

Biometrics appointment tool

https://apps.canada.ca/login?redirect=/reservation/5db43cfdbddd4126eb080dc2

Reactions: yella10

KateDR

Mar 30, 2018
Ottawa, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
11-03-2020
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Re: Biometrics
So if I understand correctly, if an applicant provided biometrics during a TRV application within the last 10 years, he/she would be exempt, correct? And if you do need to provide biometrics, you'll receive an instruction letter?

Smithham3

Jul 15, 2018
Re: Biometrics
So if I understand correctly, if an applicant provided biometrics during a TRV application within the last 10 years, he/she would be exempt, correct? And if you do need to provide biometrics, you'll receive an instruction letter?
Correct, as long as u have a valid biometrics within 10 years then u r exempt from given biometrics and shouldn’t receive biometrics instruction letter.

check the link below

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/biometrics-tool-reopening.html

Reactions: KateDR