+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

linsahoo

May 8, 2018
Received request for fingerprints yesterday, December 8th.
Because of COVID19, the local RCMP not doing it and I had to make an appointment with the commissioner they referred me to in Calgary on the 21st December.

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
Because of COVID19, the local RCMP not doing it and I had to make an appointment with the commissioner they referred me to in Calgary on the 21st December.
Can you share your timeline plz? Was this urgent?

linsahoo

May 8, 2018
Can you share your timeline plz? Was this urgent?
Not sure what you mean by urgent? I applied normally, was there such an option as to select for my application to be processed urgently? I've shared my timeline here before, but anyway, here it is again.
Sent application: 2nd of March
Delivered: 9th March
AOR: 1st September
Fingerprints: 8th December
They are giving me 90 days to do it.

I've been PR since 2010 and been procrastinating to apply for citizenship... Not sure why they are asking me to do fingerprints, as I don't have a criminal background, and my name is very unusual.

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
Not sure what you mean by urgent? I applied normally, was there such an option as to select for my application to be processed urgently? I've shared my timeline here before, but anyway, here it is again.

I've been PR since 2010 and been procrastinating to apply for citizenship... Not sure why they are asking me to do fingerprints, as I don't have a criminal background, and my name is very unusual.
I mean, you can make urgent citizenship application but has several rules and you need to explain why this is urgent (e.g., job or emergencies).
Thanks for the timeline, mine is on 4th, let's see if I get the FP request.

I think they just do the FP on a random basis.

Reactions: mintmint

mintmint

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
I mean, you can make urgent citizenship application but has several rules and you need to explain why this is urgent (e.g., job or emergencies).
Thanks for the timeline, mine is on 4th, let's see if I get the FP request.

I think they just do the FP on a random basis.
I think so, the FP request must be randomly...base on what I saw on tracking of 2019, just a few applicants got the request

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
That is interesting. How did you receive the FP request if you don't mind me asking? Was it email or mail or you saw it on ECAS? Does your ECAS still say In Process?

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
I think so, the FP request must be randomly...base on what I saw on tracking of 2019, just a few applicants got the request
I believe, it's random.
btw, did you get an email for FP?

VUPtoYOW

Star Member
Jan 14, 2018

Did you get the request by regular mail or e-mail?

ballerbluezen

Dec 21, 2019
Hi Admin can you please update my status in Google Sheets? In progress started on November 19th.

It's just weird that I didn't receive any notification. I just found out after I check the application status online.

CorvusGlaive

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020

We consider your application non-routine if:

• you asked to change your personal information, such as:
    • name
    • sex or gender identifier
    • date of birth
  • you missed a:
    • test
    • interview
    • hearing
  • we need you to submit extra documents, like:
    • fingerprints
    • residence documents
  • we asked you to come to another interview or hearing after you attended your interview
We also consider your citizenship application non-routine if you:

Xliliax

Jan 5, 2018
Montreal
Category........
Other
Hello! Just wondering if you can access your application in the eCAS system now. I still can't access mine. I sent two web forms but no response just yet. I got my AOR on October 20.
Almost a month after and a web form inquiry.... nothing yet. How about you?

Stngr

Dec 12, 2010
saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Nomination.....
March 23rd 2016
AOR Received.
April 13th 2016
Passport Req..
July 16th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR at August 5th 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 1st 2016
Is there a spreadsheet with times for March applicants?

I dont see it on the first page...