+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

GARRY2262

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
Hi guys, apologies for not updating my sheet. I had to travel home due to covid emergency and could not check this forum. IRCC claims that my application packet was not received - Canada Post tracking confirmed delivery on March 30th. Is there a number to contact IRCC from OUTSIDE Canada?

What do you suggest that I do? Is there a faint chance that IRCC has NOT YET started to process my application, received on March 30th?

If not, can I submit a new application packet - I am now in my home country due to covid emergency to take care of my mother. Can I submit a new application from my home country explaining the special situation (missing application packet submitted from Canada, and inability to travel to Canada now due to ongoing covid issue)? Please advice as this is such a rare and crazy situation. Appreciate your time.
Did your try on ecas application status as sometimes AOR not received and there is an application in ecas ?

muralie krishna

Star Member
Apr 14, 2020
Hi guys, apologies for not updating my sheet. I had to travel home due to covid emergency and could not check this forum. IRCC claims that my application packet was not received - Canada Post tracking confirmed delivery on March 30th. Is there a number to contact IRCC from OUTSIDE Canada?

What do you suggest that I do? Is there a faint chance that IRCC has NOT YET started to process my application, received on March 30th?

If not, can I submit a new application packet - I am now in my home country due to covid emergency to take care of my mother. Can I submit a new application from my home country explaining the special situation (missing application packet submitted from Canada, and inability to travel to Canada now due to ongoing covid issue)? Please advice as this is such a rare and crazy situation. Appreciate your time.
I am also in the same boat with not just one but 2 and even the same with the third. First application was mailed on 4/13 and since there was no progress till 1 week when i called USPS, i was told that due to border closures mails are not being delivered to Canada. So i immediately mailed a 2nd application on 04/22 via UPS who said they are delivering mails to Canada. Both were delivered on 04/27 but did not get any response or AOR for either of the applications. In US they usually don't stamp the photos so i thought they may be sending it back and hence submitted the 3rd application in Nov asking for urgent processing since my son is applying to Canadian universities. But there has been no response for that as well.

destiny2016

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Canada
You can now apply online for citizenship and I do not think that you actually have to be inside Canada at time of application submission.
Really!? Online? wow, anyone try this yet? Should I go ahead and do this now as they do not yet have my application (from March 30th 2020)...or do I wait for one more month to make sure the old application is really "lost". Thanks!!!

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Really!? Online? wow, anyone try this yet? Should I go ahead and do this now as they do not yet have my application (from March 30th 2020)...or do I wait for one more month to make sure the old application is really "lost". Thanks!!!
you can apply online and the link is on IRCC site.

smgn

Dec 7, 2017
Calgary
I only see one line which says that they received my application in March. But I have received my AOR, and there's no mention of it.
Yeap, there is at least two of us, both from Alberta (not sure if it matters).
We only had "Application received" line and then got "In Progress" line added. No AOR line. I guess your application will be similar. You'll get "In Progress" later, when it is transitioned to IP.

Honey7949

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
AINP: June 25, 2015, CIC: January 27,2017
Doc's Request.
January 05, 2017
Nomination.....
January 05, 2017
AOR Received.
March 15, 2017
Yeap, there is at least two of us, both from Alberta (not sure if it matters).
We only had "Application received" line and then got "In Progress" line added. No AOR line. I guess your application will be similar. You'll get "In Progress" later, when it is transitioned to IP.
I have the same 2 lines as well

Stngr

Dec 12, 2010
saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Nomination.....
March 23rd 2016
AOR Received.
April 13th 2016
Passport Req..
July 16th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR at August 5th 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 1st 2016
FYI:
"Application received" = AOR (Acknowledgement of receipt)

smgn

Dec 7, 2017
Calgary
FYI:
"Application received" = AOR (Acknowledgement of receipt)
No, it's a "Received date", not the date they actually acknowledged the receipt. AOR was sent at the end of the October, but there is no line about it in the ecas.

Something like "We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on MMM d, yyyy".

cana_cana

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
Is there anyone in the same boat with me. I received AOR Oct 21 till date nothing is showing in ECAS. Please what do I do at this point. Its two months since I got a AOR

Stngr

Dec 12, 2010
saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Nomination.....
March 23rd 2016
AOR Received.
April 13th 2016
Passport Req..
July 16th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR at August 5th 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 1st 2016
No, it's a "Received date", not the date they actually acknowledged the receipt. AOR was sent at the end of the October, but there is no line about it in the ecas.

Something like "We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on MMM d, yyyy".
Oh, so you dont have the date when they actually received it?

Fact you can see the status online is actually best proof of AOR lol

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
Is there anyone in the same boat with me. I received AOR Oct 21 till date nothing is showing in ECAS. Please what do I do at this point. Its two months since I got a AOR
I was in the same boat. I called them up multiple times and they couldn't figure out why. Last week I asked them to update my address, and once they did that, the file showed up in ECAS. I don't know how this whole thing works.