+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Flori-Ana

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Congrats! I got asked to provide fingerprints again too - so did so yesterday. How many days did it take between when you provided your fingerprints and completion of the background check this time? The guy at the fingerprinting place told me the RCMP have been experiencing delays reporting the background checks due to a paper shortage... just wondering how long I can expect to wait until I return to Decision Made status again (and join the back of the oath queue again...).
Thank you, InTheQueue! :) I provided my fingerprints on February 16, and it took 36 days for the Tracker update. I hope they receive yours soon!

Reactions: InTheQueue...

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Thank you, InTheQueue! :) I provided my fingerprints on February 16, and it took 36 days for the Tracker update. I hope they receive yours soon!
Are they requesting fingerprints for Citizenship these days?

whereami

Apr 2, 2022
Congratulations! I
I applied on March 2020 as well. Then Covid hit and all went to get deep sleep. Then got AOR on Aug, 2020. Then got fingerprint request on March 2021 and did that, background check status turned to completed on May, 2021. Waiting and waiting then got test invite
and did the test on October 2021. Now waiting and waiting and got a surprise that my background status turned to in progress since February 2022. Now I am waiting and waiting and feeling like stupid and hopeless!!
Did anyone went through same situation??
Can someone please tell me what will be the next? What should I do now?? Thank you
Hi, I'm a similar situation. I just resubmitted my fingerprints for a second time and that's now been accepted. Did you get an oath invite yet? I wonder how long we will have to wait for the oath....

Reactions: Kornet

Flori-Ana

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Hi, I'm a similar situation. I just resubmitted my fingerprints for a second time and that's now been accepted. Did you get an oath invite yet? I wonder how long we will have to wait for the oath....
I didn't get anything so far. Tracker still shows Oath as "Not started". Based on the spreadsheet, apparently it takes 2 months or so after Decision Made, but each office will probably do it differently.

2be_canadian

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
Guys long time no one was active , you buried this topic as you gave your Oath or nothing happens/still waiting ?
From March 2020 and onward applicants are like haunted:eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: Dreamlad

InTheQueue...

Oct 5, 2021
Guys long time no one was active , you buried this topic as you gave your Oath or nothing happens/still waiting ?
From March 2020 and onward applicants are like haunted:eek::eek::eek:
Still waiting for my second background check to be completed... so I can go back to "Decision Made" (my file went to "Decision Made" in December... so I thought I was finally on the home run; then, instead of receiving an oath invite this year, I received an invite to go and do my fingerprints again... and my file went back to "In progress").
It's super frustrating that they don't work in order of when they received the applications... people who applied over a year later already have passports.

2 years, 1 month and 10 days since mailing my application off... (and there's nothing complex about it)...

preet5449

Jan 12, 2016
Our AOR was in March 2020. Everything is complete but oath ceremony is not started. Also status says In Progress.....So frustrated with Hamilton office. I did fingerprints twice. Tried calling them but it doesnt go to the operator. Did anyone get through to the rep on their line? What options did u select on the phone?

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Finally done with the process.
Ottawa office
Applied March 2020
Test done - Jan 2022 (took 3 weeks for it to be marked as completed in the tracker).
Everything except oath got completed - Feb 2022
Oath done - April 2022 (took 2.5 months to get the oath invite since everything else got updated).

Picked up my certificate today.

Wish you guys good luck and I hope and pray everyone who is waiting will get to the end of the process soon.
Thank you to this forum for all the help and support.
Just hang in there folks, it won't be long now.

• Love
Reactions: 2be_canadian