+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

2be_canadian

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
Still waiting for my second background check to be completed... so I can go back to "Decision Made" (my file went to "Decision Made" in December... so I thought I was finally on the home run; then, instead of receiving an oath invite this year, I received an invite to go and do my fingerprints again... and my file went back to "In progress").
It's super frustrating that they don't work in order of when they received the applications... people who applied over a year later already have passports.

2 years, 1 month and 10 days since mailing my application off... (and there's nothing complex about it)...
Yup 3rd year and they still challenging our patience...
Hopefully your process will end soon and surprise you.

Reactions: InTheQueue...

2be_canadian

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
Our AOR was in March 2020. Everything is complete but oath ceremony is not started. Also status says In Progress.....So frustrated with Hamilton office. I did fingerprints twice. Tried calling them but it doesnt go to the operator. Did anyone get through to the rep on their line? What options did u select on the phone?
Someone on Facebook group wrote numbers ,but I didn't remember, maybe you can check there .

raaj051

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Hi all. It has been a long time since I came in here. This whole process has been so stressful and lacking any sense… but finally, after two years, I got my oath invite today for April 4th, 2022. All my other stats should already be in the worksheet. I had a DM since April 2021.

I wish you all still waiting the best of luck!
I also had oath on 4 April and still waiting for certificate, did u receive it ?

SATVA

Aug 31, 2020
Application Type: Single

Oath Update: 03/28/2022
Oath Ceremony: 04/11/2022
Received citizenship certificate today.

Thank you.

Munt

Feb 7, 2020
Hi everyone,
So I did my fingerprint last year on April. I can see on my GCMS notes that it will be expired on 26/04/2022. Can I go to any RCMP accredited agency and do my fingerprint again without a letter from IRCC . I am planning to travel next week that why I want do that !! Any advice

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
Hi everyone,
So I did my fingerprint last year on April. I can see on my GCMS notes that it will be expired on 26/04/2022. Can I go to any RCMP accredited agency and do my fingerprint again without a letter from IRCC . I am planning to travel next week that why I want do that !! Any advice
I believe you can. But you should ask RCMP to forward the results to you, as they would normally go directly to IRCC. Then when IRCC asks, you can just forward those results to them.

ttttt

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
I am March 2020 Applicant but for Covid got AOR in August 2020. I am in Scarborough. I have done fingerprint in March 2021 and background completed in May 2021. Then I have done the test and passed in October 2021. I got fingerprint request in beginning of April 2022 and done in the next day. I found background and all the steps are completed today.
Now how long it will take to get the oath invitation usually?
Thank you for your time!!!

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
You were right... it did surprise me! Did my second lot of fingerprints on March 24 and as of today background check is complete and I'm scheduled for the oath ceremony on May 5. Nearly there!
How's life in Australia?

InTheQueue...

Oct 5, 2021
I am March 2020 Applicant but for Covid got AOR in August 2020. I am in Scarborough. I have done fingerprint in March 2021 and background completed in May 2021. Then I have done the test and passed in October 2021. I got fingerprint request in beginning of April 2022 and done in the next day. I found background and all the steps are completed today.
Now how long it will take to get the oath invitation usually?
Thank you for your time!!!
Hi there, We have almost identical timelines. I'm Scarborough office also. Applied March 2020, first fingerprints March 2021, background check completed May 2021, Test invitation and completion October 2021, Decision made on my file December 2021. I received 2nd fingerprints request on March 23, 2022, gave fingerprints next day on March 24, 2022. On April 12, 2022 my 2nd background check was marked as complete, and yesterday it was updated to say I'm scheduled for the oath on May 5. So a couple of weeks after 2nd background check complete. Hopefully yours will be similar!

ttttt

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Hi there, We have almost identical timelines. I'm Scarborough office also. Applied March 2020, first fingerprints March 2021, background check completed May 2021, Test invitation and completion October 2021, Decision made on my file December 2021. I received 2nd fingerprints request on March 23, 2022, gave fingerprints next day on March 24, 2022. On April 12, 2022 my 2nd background check was marked as complete, and yesterday it was updated to say I'm scheduled for the oath on May 5. So a couple of weeks after 2nd background check complete. Hopefully yours will be similar!
Hello , thank you so much for your reply. We have almost same time line. I just checked and going I got second fingerprint request on March 23 and I have also done on March 24. I am hoping I will get oath invitation soon as per your time. Thank you again for your reply! Highly appreciated !!

vvvvdddd

Nov 5, 2021
Anybody still waiting for updates after writing the test? My test was marked completed on Feb 21, 2022 but since then there have been no updates.

Reactions: Dreamlad

vvvvdddd

Nov 5, 2021
My test was marked as completed on Feb 15th, 2022, no updates after that, I think I am gonna drop this shit and go home, I can't deal with this
fr man this shit tiring af. I remember being excited when I was applying, but now there is no joy. Today I received a response for a webform which I sent in earlier march and they still putting the blame on COVID.

Reactions: Dreamlad