+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Munt_007

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Hi everyone I got my oath invite for the January 4th. I’m from Calgary. I have a few questions. I recently moved like 2 streets away. Should I give them my new address during oath or would it make things more complicated? My previous landlord is gonna give me all the mails soon anyway so maybe I should keep my address as it is? Second question is DAMN I GOT MY OATH INVITE I CAN’T EVEN BELIEVE THIS I’m trying not to mess it up so is there any advice from the people that already took their oath? THANKSSSS
You may use the post transfer service.

Munt_007

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Hi everyone I got my oath invite for the January 4th. I’m from Calgary. I have a few questions. I recently moved like 2 streets away. Should I give them my new address during oath or would it make things more complicated? My previous landlord is gonna give me all the mails soon anyway so maybe I should keep my address as it is? Second question is DAMN I GOT MY OATH INVITE I CAN’T EVEN BELIEVE THIS I’m trying not to mess it up so is there any advice from the people that already took their oath? THANKSSSS
Finally, something happened in Calgary. They are not replying even to the webmail.

raaj051

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
What is your timeline dear ?

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
Hey, I was in the same situation as you, but I updated my address online. I didn't have to call anyone or do anything else, it was very easy. You just go here: Change my address – Immigration and citizenship - Canada.ca
I see my new address in ECAS now. I was just really paranoid and didn't want a change of address to be an issue during the ceremony. They ask if you are still at X address, and I didn't want to lie (again, paranoid haha). Probably not a big deal!

vvvvdddd

Nov 5, 2021
Hi, I am in the same boat and do not have any idea what I should do now.
Kinda same for me. AOR on Sep 10, 2020 and completion of background check on Jan 20, 2021. Only these two updates on my tracker. I've submitted a webform over a month ago but still no response.

Munt_007

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
I got an email from IRCC saying 'We recived you PR renewal" and when I click the link to show the tracking, it showed the citizenship "Decision made" while the PR "Under renewal". Any idea what is that?

Spielo

Star Member
May 21, 2016
Everything except for citizenship ceremony changed to "Completed" for me on the new status page on December 7, I'm assuming this corresponds to "decision made" on the spreadsheet? If so, could someone update? Thanks!

Edit: Old status page now shows decision made (but with no date), so I assume the decision was made on Dec 7.

Munt_007

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Everything except for citizenship ceremony changed to "Completed" for me on the new status page on December 7, I'm assuming this corresponds to "decision made" on the spreadsheet? If so, could someone update? Thanks!

Edit: Old status page now shows decision made (but with no date), so I assume the decision was made on Dec 7.
Same here, are you in Calgary?.

LPF

Jan 5, 2021
Finally received my citizenship certificate! 1 week and a half after the ceremony on Nov 23rd - scarborough office.
Could you please tell me a little more? I am in the same situation and panicking, it has been 10 days and I asked for express treatment. My elas is still in process. Did you receive your certificate before seeing changes in the ecas ? Did you received it during the weekend ?

LPF

Jan 5, 2021
Highly unlikely that you will get everything done before December 24th. My oath was on November 13 (Mississauga office) and I needed to be in the States by November 22. I requested that the citizenship certificate be expedited, to which the officer responded that travel is not a valid reason to express mail the citizenship certificate. I told him that I needed to drive my wife for her follow-up appointment. The officer told me to send an explanation in the email, which I did right away - I sent a long email explaining my situation with supporting documents, but guess what.. I still haven't received the citizenship certificate after 10 days. Sorry for the bad news but will suggest rescheduling your trip and not relying on the citizenship certificate to be there on time. Also, factor in the holiday season so IRCC might be short-staffed.
Have you already received it ? Thanks