+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

dhadesai

May 21, 2015
Just curious..is there any other March applicant still waiting for the citizenship test? My application seems to be forgotten in the middle of nowhere, the last update was Apr 14, and I don't think I fit into the non-routine category

• Apr 14, 2021 Background verification activity status updated
    Background verification status has been updated to Completed
  • Apr 8, 2021 Citizenship test activity status updated
    Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress
  • Sep 3, 2020 Application filed We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.
Hi, I am in the same boat and do not have any idea what I should do now.

xlnc7

Dec 10, 2015
NOC Code......
A-1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
Any Mississauga office non-urgent applicant received the certificate recently? I want to get an estimate of time lapse between oath and certificate arrival. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Anjushka

sjakhiyyz

May 7, 2020
Hi everyone!
Very strange to see CIC staff working on a Saturday as I just received my invitation for oath scheduled for December 21, 2021. Please update the tracker. :)
Can anyone please help me prepare for what to expect for the ceremony? Do I need to learn anything?
And good luck to everyone else!
Happy Holidays!

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi everyone!
Very strange to see CIC staff working on a Saturday as I just received my invitation for oath scheduled for December 21, 2021. Please update the tracker. :)
Can anyone please help me prepare for what to expect for the ceremony? Do I need to learn anything?
Happy Holidays!
Congrats. When was DM on your file? The colors on spreadsheets make my eyes go blind

aaq94

Sep 26, 2021
Hey guys,

I'm just wondering..after the citizenship ceremony and sending in the oath form (where the 2 signatures are required) is there anything else we have to do for the citizenship certificate, or is that it? I was snoozing around on the website and found some certificate application form, so now I'm confused..

camirica

Jul 15, 2020
Hey guys,

I'm just wondering..after the citizenship ceremony and sending in the oath form (where the 2 signatures are required) is there anything else we have to do for the citizenship certificate, or is that it? I was snoozing around on the website and found some certificate application form, so now I'm confused..
nothing to do after that, just wait for the certificate in the mail :)

Reactions: aaq94

ana0911

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
Hi everyone!
Happy Holidays!
Congratulations.Were you sent an email for the oath yet.And what’s your office?

Lomi90

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2015
File Transfer...
17-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Done....
26-02-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2015 (copr)
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Quick question. Unfortunately I had to postpone my oath taking (scheduled on December 14). I emailed them to the email address in the invite. Can I expect a reply to this or should I call IRCC to make sure the request was received? Thank you

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
Hi everyone I got my oath invite for the January 4th. I’m from Calgary. I have a few questions. I recently moved like 2 streets away. Should I give them my new address during oath or would it make things more complicated? My previous landlord is gonna give me all the mails soon anyway so maybe I should keep my address as it is? Second question is DAMN I GOT MY OATH INVITE I CAN’T EVEN BELIEVE THIS I’m trying not to mess it up so is there any advice from the people that already took their oath? THANKSSSS

Reactions: Sapphire07/27

mogly

Star Member
May 10, 2012
vancouver
Doc's Request.
24-03-2020
Hi everyone I got my oath invite for the January 4th. I’m from Calgary. I have a few questions. I recently moved like 2 streets away. Should I give them my new address during oath or would it make things more complicated? My previous landlord is gonna give me all the mails soon anyway so maybe I should keep my address as it is? Second question is DAMN I GOT MY OATH INVITE I CAN’T EVEN BELIEVE THIS I’m trying not to mess it up so is there any advice from the people that already took their oath? THANKSSSS
Congratulations! @Strawberry91

You kind of already found a best solution for the current situation. Yes if I were you.. I wouldn't try to bother the process, at this situation (COVID, Afghanistan and Omricon) they might take indefinitely to respond or reschedule or update your status again. So Keep it simple, if you can find a work around that's your best chance.

I too use my friend House address just in case I move around, since I am renting at the moment. and I am not intending to change that address on the file until I get everything finished.

Anyways that's my opinion.

btw What's your timeline looks like ?

Reactions: Strawberry91

gregbro

Sep 10, 2020
I have a question regarding the oath ceremony; at what point do I have to tell the Immigration Officer to expedite my certificate? Beginning of the ceremony when I log in to zoom or at the end? Thanks

*My ceremony is tomorrow
Follow up question, did you receive ceremony invite by email or mail to address? Still waiting and ceremony is next week.