+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

star247

Jan 17, 2022
Hi,
I am in the same boat. But I am currently on a work permit too. Just before you get worried more - you can apply for a visitor visa as a family member of Canadian citizen if you don’t have any other temporary status. Write a strong letter of explanation as to why you want to be with your spouse and how the pandemic has delayed your pr processing.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-visitor-visa.html
Select to unite with a family member who is a Canadian citizen
This is a different portal which gets you visa in 30 days. I myself applied through it and mentioned that I have a work permit and pr file in processing + my spouse in Canadian. Received my visa in 20 days.
There are not many people like us who also recently got married while having a pr in processing so you might get answers that don’t help. My situation is slightly different than yours as im already in Canada and working but if you want to reunite with your spouse, your pr file shouldnt get rejected - ircc mentioned last year they are trying to prioritize families who haven’t seen each other for a long time due to the pandemic and expediting these visas. While I cannot guarantee approval - It is worth a try and won’t affect your PR file.

Also, make sure you notify IRCC about your marital status change through webform.

For your PR file please submit your record of solemnization, marriage certificate, letter explanation explaning how you got married, when you did,how you met and all that background - like a story plus also share your spouses documents that prove citizenship status (citizenship card and passport). You should do this as soon as possible to update your pr file.

Hope this answer helps!
Your answer gives me so much hope! Thanks for taking the time to give such a detailed response. Is there any way to connect with you personally? I have a few follow on questions. Would appreciate your help. Thanks again :)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I have a question for you: What else can be done? My application still stuck in Criminality and security checks. Both are in progress still, everythingelseis passed . It will be 2y in coming March. I called immgration today and they have no answer for me, only patience (just waite). While ppl who apply after me are permanentresident(my coworker applied in September 2021 got her PR and received her PR card today).

From your experience in the matter; what else can be done?. I don't want to keep renewing my work visa, losing promotion, benefits at work cuz i am still on work visa!. Any advice? . Thank you for your time.
If you have passed 2 years, you can consider exploring Mandamus as an option. See https://bit.ly/3KE5nAE

Reactions: Saradeen+

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Any updates from people who received schedule A ADR? did you receive COPR yet ?
I am in the same boat
Schedule A sent on January 13th (I think), After that I saw a ghost update last week, still waiting for PPR/CoPR.
I think the Schedule A was requested when security started. Maybe ghost update means that security is done? Not sure...

neil_user

Star Member
Mar 14, 2021
Schedule A sent on January 13th (I think), After that I saw a ghost update last week, still waiting for PPR/CoPR.
I think the Schedule A was requested when security started. Maybe ghost update means that security is done? Not sure...
Did your BGC change to "Not Applicable"?

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Did your BGC change to "Not Applicable"?
No, it is still "We are processing...". Since it was a ghost update nothing changed in the status. I think it is very difficult to understand the exact status from the dashboard or from these ghost update: different applicants experience different things and there is no clear correspondence.

I think my security is either in progress or completed, but I am not sure about it. What is your status?

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Just received RFV email!!
Urgent question: we have a planned trip to Canada this Saturday and we are from visa-exempt countries.
Can we go there and inform them that we are in the country or do we have to wait?
Please advice

Maclose

May 15, 2020
Please I have a question @legalfalcon
I received adr for proof of fund (recent ).
My AOR is March 30 2020
As at March 2021 I loaned my brother the money to use in this business and we had a lawyer draft an agreement .
The loan is to be paid upon request after 6 months of investment.
The questionnhete now i
1. He wants to repay the loan now but how do I explain to Ircc it’s repayment of loan given to him
2. I have my drafted loan agreement signed and notarized as at March 2021
3. I also have bank transactions of that days the money was deposited.
Can I proceed with loe stating it was a loan I gave my brother for his business?
How best can you advice I explain the repayment

teambooboo25

Mar 30, 2020
AOR - March 19, 2020
FSW - Outland (Presently in Canada)
Center - Ottawa
Didn't get any reply so far to my GCMS notes request which I did on 28th of October.
Medical completed in Feb, 2020. Bio in July, 2020.

Today, got an update to my profile. Medical has been marked as passed again. "January 24, 2022 You passed the medical exam.".

My profile had eligibility, Criminality, medical etc. passed for a long time. Only Security was pending.

Is this a good sign?

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
AOR - March 19, 2020
Center - Ottawa
Didn't get any reply so far to my GCMS notes request which I did on 28th of October.

Today, got an update to my profile. Medical has been marked as passed again. "January 24, 2022 You passed the medical exam.".

My profile had eligibility, Criminality, medical etc. passed for a long time. Only Security was pending.

Is this a good sign?
I think they just extended you medical exam. They did the same to me On January 10th and I received RVF email today.

Pratik65

Jun 14, 2018
AOR - March 19, 2020
Center - Ottawa

Is this a good sign?
did you receive any ADR ?

Habakhtiari

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020
AOR - March 19, 2020
Center - Ottawa

Is this a good sign?
Definitely a good sign, you will get the PPR in a few days

• Love
Reactions: teambooboo25