+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

arjun09

Dec 9, 2019
Hi,

I am from the USA and have COPR valid until Apr 2022. In this link it is mentioned that I am eligible for travel https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start?utm_source=canada-ca_imm_travel-restrictions-exemptions&utm_medium=redirect&utm_content=en . Are people doing landing in canada these days? Can I plan my landing sometime in Nov this year? what if I want to land and back to USA after a month. I used to follow this forum but took a break and now have no idead what is happening with COPR and PRs.

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
Ottawa is processing my application. If yours is Sydney, then the chances are likely that you applied under PNP category right? I'm not really sure if this is random, but few Jan and Feb applicants also did not receive any extensions or re-medical requests. For some, they did not even start the security yet.
Yes I am a PNP(Ontario). Sydney, NS is very slow I guess. Is there a chance they have done something in the background but isn't visible to us yet. even on Webform and On Call ?

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Hi,

I am from the USA and have COPR valid until Apr 2022. In this link it is mentioned that I am eligible for travel https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start?utm_source=canada-ca_imm_travel-restrictions-exemptions&utm_medium=redirect&utm_content=en . Are people doing landing in canada these days? Can I plan my landing sometime in Nov this year? what if I want to land and back to USA after a month. I used to follow this forum but took a break and now have no idead what is happening with COPR and PRs.
As for now you can travel with no issues from US to Canada, there is no more travel restriction if you are fully vaccinated (I personally went there for a couple of days last week). You just need a negative molecular COVID test taken less than 72 hours before boarding the flight (or crossing the border, if you do so by car) and upload your information in the ArriveCAN app.

arjun09

Dec 9, 2019
As for now you can travel with no issues from US to Canada, there is no more travel restriction if you are fully vaccinated (I personally went there for a couple of days last week). You just need a negative molecular COVID test taken less than 72 hours before boarding the flight (or crossing the border, if you do so by car) and upload your information in the ArriveCAN app.
@matteosc thanks for the reply. Also is it same if I want to come from India? like I just need proof of vaccination and cover test with other visa documents? I want to spend a month or two and come back to US. Is it fine? what are all I needed while landing in canada. Appreciate if there is a link of all documents, things to consider and so

Last edited:

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
@matteosc thanks for the reply. Also is it same if I want to come from India? like I just need proof of vaccination and cover test with other visa documents? I want to spend a month or two and come back to US. Is it fine? what are all I needed while landing in canada. Appreciate if there is a link of all documents, things to consider and so
You can find the official information here. For what concern India I am not sure, there may be some ban on flights directly from India to Canada, but you should check as this changes quite often.

Also, keep in mind that the rules for entering US are different. Currently you will have no issues if you are citizen, permanent resident or spouse of citizen/permanent resident. If this is not the case you should check the current bans/rules.

mamunhussaini

Feb 23, 2021
I have the same AOR and Bio Submission date.
I didnt even receive a re-med request yet. My medical stands expired so far. No updates online about medical after Expiry.

Can I know which VO your application is processed? Mine is Sydney, NS

My details are in my Signature. I had a few ghost updates during May/June. I checked my app status in July. It still said my background check is still in progress and re-med isn't initiated.

I am confused.
I haven't applied for GCMS notes yet. Not sure if they'll provide any useful information at this point. Going through a couple of posts here, it looks like GCMS notes are taking upwards of 2 months to be delivered.

Also, is there a way I can check my VO?

Thanks.

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
I haven't applied for GCMS notes yet. Not sure if they'll provide any useful information at this point. Going through a couple of posts here, it looks like GCMS notes are taking upwards of 2 months to be delivered.

Thanks.
you can send a webform/call them but the priority currently is only for afghan refugees.

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020

Thanks.
I was just considering requesting GCMS notes too. IRCC is ignoring any queries unrelated to Afghanistan so this seems the only way left to get any information. Just depends how long they take to process the request.

You can try asking about your VO via webform. But, as I mentioned, they'll probably ignore it because it's not related to the Afghan crisis.

Last edited:

Sachin007

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
No Point, asking the status on Webform. I didn't get any reply of Webform as they mentioned, it is not related to Afghan Crisis.
However, when I send a Webform to change my COR, they processed it in just 2 days.

Looks like now IRCC got another excuse. First COVID, now Afghan Crisis.

I am PNP Outland, AOR March 2020. No updates since July 2020. Waited too long..

Such an Irony, IRCC is accepting Visitors, but not processing PR applicants. Something really wrong in the system.

bluesparrow

Oct 9, 2020
No Point, asking the status on Webform. I didn't get any reply of Webform as they mentioned, it is not related to Afghan Crisis.
However, when I send a Webform to change my COR, they processed it in just 2 days.

Such an Irony, IRCC is accepting Visitors, but not processing PR applicants. Something really wrong in the system.
I am having a feeling that they want to frustrate outlanders to the point where they eventually withdraw their application. I am also PNP outland with March 2020 AOR, I ordered GCMS notes in the end of June 2021 and received them in Sept. There is no movement in my file since Feb 2021.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020

It's an assumption but it does seem like all their decisions are based around completing their immigration targets. They are very close to meeting those for the express entry category and maybe that's the reason they are steadily decreasing the ITAs issued for the CEC draws.
There are no quotas for visitor visas so they can process and invite without having to consider any numerical digit. Though they are still far from meeting their PNP quota, I expect them to issue PPRs only to PNP outlanders in the last quarter of this year. FSW PPRs are very unlikely to come this year.

Sachin007

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
It's an assumption but it does seem like all their decisions are based around completing their immigration targets. They are very close to meeting those for the express entry category and maybe that's the reason they are steadily decreasing the ITAs issued for the CEC draws.
There are no quotas for visitor visas so they can process and invite without having to consider any numerical digit. Though they are still far from meeting their PNP quota, I expect them to issue PPRs only to PNP outlanders in the last quarter of this year. FSW PPRs are very unlikely to come this year.
Everything is assumption.

Least they can do is give proper reason that outlanders should wait, rather than giving senseless excuses.

But of course it doesn't matter to them, if the targets are met.

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
I am having a feeling that they want to frustrate outlanders to the point where they eventually withdraw their application. I am also PNP outland with March 2020 AOR, I ordered GCMS notes in the end of June 2021 and received them in Sept. There is no movement in my file since Feb 2021.
is your VO Sydney NS?
I am a PNP outland, Ontario sponsor

uday1992

Apr 13, 2014
I see a ghost update when I logged in today "Application/profile updated" and saw my Medicals updated.

Review of medical results - September 15, 2021:You passed the medical exam.

My AOR is March 31, 2020. Does this mean things are moving for my application?

Reactions: immicow and ambee