+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

ChayanDutt

Dec 30, 2020
Dear All,
Happy to let you know that I received an email today from IRRC asking some details and that my medical got extended too which has expired earlier. However the Background verification still looks in progress but the mail asked me to upload photos on PR portal and confirm a few things like my address etc.. The mail however did not provided any portal address or login credentials to access any PRportal. I am assuming after my reply to them they will send me the details. At least this some progress after Oct 2020 which was when my biometrics got updated.

I am not sure if this is relevant but I send them a web form 2 weeks back mentioning clearly that all my stages like employment verification, biometrics, medical are looking passed in my GCMS notes and that only the background verification is pending since Oct 2020. I just want to stress that if your GCMS notes says you have completed all steps and waiting for security/criminality then you can try raising a webform to clearly send across the message to representatives that all remaining steps which are time taking (in my opinion) are already over and your application might just need officer's attention to pick it up and close it. I think, Human psychology, if a task looks small enough compared to another task which requires more efforts, chances are the smaller task might get picked, so why not send across the message that all your stages are completed and you are waiting for some last steps. Again, I am not sure if my application had any impact due to this web form or it got picked in its due time, but worth a try if you are waiting for long while most of your stages looks passed. Good Luck.

Dear Andy,
After this email from IRCC I already replied them with the details they asked for me and my dependents like UIC, port of entry details etc.. Is there any further actions for me or I should now wait for them to send me the PR portal address and login credentials? Just curious how much time it should take from here? Thanks again.

wjillm

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Dear All,
Happy to let you know that I received an email today from IRRC asking some details and that my medical got extended too which has expired earlier. However the Background verification still looks in progress but the mail asked me to upload photos on PR portal and confirm a few things like my address etc.. The mail however did not provided any portal address or login credentials to access any PRportal. I am assuming after my reply to them they will send me the details. At least this some progress after Oct 2020 which was when my biometrics got updated.

I am not sure if this is relevant but I send them a web form 2 weeks back mentioning clearly that all my stages like employment verification, biometrics, medical are looking passed in my GCMS notes and that only the background verification is pending since Oct 2020. I just want to stress that if your GCMS notes says you have completed all steps and waiting for security/criminality then you can try raising a webform to clearly send across the message to representatives that all remaining steps which are time taking (in my opinion) are already over and your application might just need officer's attention to pick it up and close it. I think, Human psychology, if a task looks small enough compared to another task which requires more efforts, chances are the smaller task might get picked, so why not send across the message that all your stages are completed and you are waiting for some last steps. Again, I am not sure if my application had any impact due to this web form or it got picked in its due time, but worth a try if you are waiting for long while most of your stages looks passed. Good Luck.

Dear Andy,
After this email from IRCC I already replied them with the details they asked for me and my dependents like UIC, port of entry details etc. Is there any further actions for me or I should now wait for them to send me the PR portal address and login credentials? Just curious how much time it should take from here? Thanks again.
Your webform inquiry had no impact on finalizing your application. It's more a happy coincidence.

Once they send you the portal credintials you'll upload your photo and provide your address. Then you have to wait for your COPR.

Congrats!

Last edited:

D-star

Nov 9, 2020
I'm also FSW-outland and my application has been approved since 10 October 2020, but I haven't received any request to retake the medical and I haven't received any medical extension. My AOR date is 1 March 2020. I sent a webform inquiry 3 weeks ago, but haven't received any response. We have all but given up on Canada at this point. It feels like they have failed me and are not honouring the agreement that was made. If you pay for a service you expect a service, but I have nothing to show for my efforts and application fees. My country is on the verge of a civil war with riots and looting going on uncontrolled, yet my application has been approved for 9 months already, but no visa. I have started interviewing for jobs in another country as I'm not going to sit another year in limbo waiting for Canada to wake up. Life must go on.
I'm March 13 2020 AOR and was approved as per GCMS in September 2020. My medicals has also expired and no extension or remed yet. I'm also waiting for the copr. A lot of us are waiting. The best thing to do is to occupy your mind with other things. It's hard, but try.

Ojay1

Feb 21, 2020
Your webform inquiry had no impact on finalizing your application. It's more a happy coincidence.

Once they send you the portal credintials you'll upload your photo and provide your address. Then you have to wait for your COPR.

Congrats!
Who knows if it had an impact.... With IRCC, nothing is known or certain.
Congrats to the fellow by the way... and thanks for your intuitive advice.

wjillm

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
I'm March 13 2020 AOR and was approved as per GCMS in September 2020. My medicals has also expired and no extension or remed yet. I'm also waiting for the copr. A lot of us are waiting. The best thing to do is to occupy your mind with other things. It's hard, but try.
IRCC prioritizes applicants who are exempt from travel restrictions. Therefore the minimum moment on the outlander applicants files. Once they lift those restrictions the things should start moving forward again.

ruan

Oct 28, 2019
IRCC prioritizes applicants who are exempt from travel restrictions. Therefore the minimum moment on the outlander applicants files. Once they lift those restrictions the things should start moving forward again.
There aren’t currently any COPR restrictions on my country (South Africa), but there still hasn‘t been any movement for South Africans. I know that there are travel restrictions for India, but even countries that don‘t have restrictions aren’t seeing any movement that I’m aware of.

Reactions: D-star

Ranger91

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Dear All,

Dear Andy,
After this email from IRCC I already replied them with the details they asked for me and my dependents like UIC, port of entry details etc.. Is there any further actions for me or I should now wait for them to send me the PR portal address and login credentials? Just curious how much time it should take from here? Thanks again.
Are you inland or outland?