+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

Nars_ab

Feb 17, 2020
Thank you for your reply. Did other stages like security and eligibility already pass before April 20? Thanks!
No. Just my eligibility. Security in progress and criminality not started.
then after my medical got extended. A month after theneverything is passed.

Rohan88g

Star Member
May 22, 2020
@legalfalcon My wife and I have received the portal credentials on June 4 and did the In Canada declaration the same day and also uploaded photos and address on June 6. However, we still have not received our copr. I would like to know what are the next steps/ process for Ircc to share our copr ?

Some people get it in couple of days whereas it’s been a couple of weeks already for us. Thank you.

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
No. Just my eligibility. Security in progress and criminality not started.
then after my medical got extended. A month after theneverything is passed.
Thanks for your reply. I'm in a similar situation that according to gcms notes my medical extension is granted in late April. But then my portal still didn't show the the updated medical. Did you think doing anything will help to make the profile update the medical faster? Thanks!

Reactions: Zaluzhna

habibi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
@legalfalcon Hi sir. Do you know if it's true that every time I update IRCC with more documents (address change, re-medical, etc.) my pending PR application would be pushed back to the end of the processing queue at the VO?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon My wife and I have received the portal credentials on June 4 and did the In Canada declaration the same day and also uploaded photos and address on June 6. However, we still have not received our copr. I would like to know what are the next steps/ process for Ircc to share our copr ?

Some people get it in couple of days whereas it’s been a couple of weeks already for us. Thank you.
It can sometimes takes 1-3 weeks. If you still do not hear back, sed a webform.

Reactions: Rohan88g

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Hi sir. Do you know if it's true that every time I update IRCC with more documents (address change, re-medical, etc.) my pending PR application would be pushed back to the end of the processing queue at the VO?
Not true as there is no queue. Each application is processed on its own merits and it also depends on what documents you re submitted and whether they will have to be updated, or reviewed, which may take time.

Reactions: habibi123

Ram G

Jun 4, 2020
Hello FSW-India folks,

What is your optimistic hunch of when we will get our PPRs
(provided COVID doesn't have further surprises and vaccinations continue at current pace) :

My Guess is ~Dec 2021

Its based on below theory:

July - CA-US Border opens for fully vaccinated people
Aug - If Covid cases do not rise, CA opens travel from EU/Australia open for fully vaccinated people
Sept - CA allows fully vaccinated students
Oct - Processing restarts for FSW-O.
Nov - IRCC starts handing over PPRs for fully vaccinated folks starting with approved backlog (Nov 2019)
Dec - PPR for Fully vaccinated folks

Please share your thoughts. Dire need for some positivity.

Reactions: iona_p and immicow

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
Agree with you on calling this optimistic rather than realistic. Realistically it can be even worse I guess.

My other concern is what's the order in which the processing will progress?
My guess is, it will be based on Biometrics submission date and VO office in which its being processed now.

My other concern will there be a big influx of COPRs that the job market in Canada will be overflown with candidates.

How are they even going to clear the backlog of applications?

Canada on the whole is frustratingly reserved compared to US and Europe in opening its borders.

Ram G

Jun 4, 2020
Agree with you on calling this optimistic rather than realistic. Realistically it can be even worse I guess.

My other concern is what's the order in which the processing will progress?
My guess is, it will be based on Biometrics submission date and VO office in which its being processed now.

My other concern will there be a big influx of COPRs that the job market in Canada will be overflown with candidates.

How are they even going to clear the backlog of applications?

Canada on the whole is frustratingly reserved compared to US and Europe in opening its borders.
Interesting observations.

Here are my thoughts on these-

1.Regarding Order:
Current stage (e.g. those are already approved (COVID PACE Group) could start receiving their COPR's/PPRs
AND based on R10 completion date/Biometrics, Nov 2019 will start seeing first signs of traction.
Hopefully those in other stages, should start seeing their applications moving forward.
And as you said, a lot will depend on VO office.

2.Regarding sudden Influx:
There is always going to be difficult climb for new immigrants. The only silver lining could be that with economies opening up, there are new churns in job markets that should keep us interested. But overall agree, the first couple of years is not going to be easy, gotta prepare for the grind..

3. Backlog:
Yes, there will be some backlog, but we need not worry much because:
1. The backlog is primarily just outland, they have been clearing CEC/inland applications at frantic pace. A friend of mine (CEC) got his card within 60 days of AOR. Also they haven't done many draws on FSW.
2. Getting 1M immigrants in these 3 years is one of the top priority items for CA.

ALL - Doesn't matter how much we try to stay (pretend) to be calm, I am sure most of us run these scenarios in our minds. Please chime in.

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
With regards to software engineering I can see lot of job postings on linked and indeed but frustrated I wouldn't be considered. Having at-least a CoPR I can make a convincing point while contacting recruiters.
I talked to some friends in Canada. They were saying its useless to apply for jobs. If I have made some plans and everything is confirmed, then at-least I can start my search.

avinashn

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
I called IRCC and the agent said my medicals are extended until May 12, 2022. I mentioned that from GCMS notes I know my application is approved, she said even though it says that, they can't confirm yet.

habibi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Interesting observations.

Here are my thoughts on these-

1.Regarding Order:
Current stage (e.g. those are already approved (COVID PACE Group) could start receiving their COPR's/PPRs
AND based on R10 completion date/Biometrics, Nov 2019 will start seeing first signs of traction.
Hopefully those in other stages, should start seeing their applications moving forward.
And as you said, a lot will depend on VO office.

2.Regarding sudden Influx:
There is always going to be difficult climb for new immigrants. The only silver lining could be that with economies opening up, there are new churns in job markets that should keep us interested. But overall agree, the first couple of years is not going to be easy, gotta prepare for the grind..

3. Backlog:
Yes, there will be some backlog, but we need not worry much because:
1. The backlog is primarily just outland, they have been clearing CEC/inland applications at frantic pace. A friend of mine (CEC) got his card within 60 days of AOR. Also they haven't done many draws on FSW.
2. Getting 1M immigrants in these 3 years is one of the top priority items for CA.

ALL - Doesn't matter how much we try to stay (pretend) to be calm, I am sure most of us run these scenarios in our minds. Please chime in.
How many immigrants out of 1M have they gotten so far?

hithere123

Jun 11, 2020
any estimate if anybody knows when will ircc start working on Q1 files from 2020 for pnp inland, all my friends who applied in sept and oct 2020 got their PR's already, this is making my mental health worse every day

• Sad
Reactions: ticalee