+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

VishInd

Jul 23, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I submitted a webform last week, and got an update earlier today as follows:

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:
  • Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
Can anyone advice if there are any other checks etc that could still be pending? Or does this mean that the application is more or less approved and I just need to wait for things to move ahead with maybe a need for re-medicals? I havent requested for GCMS notes, so dont have exact details.

Any insights would be much appreciated.

FSW-O
Biometrics: 3rd March 2021
Medicals expired and not renewed yet.
Hi @legalfalcon - Can you pls suggest if there could be other checks/ steps pending or does this mean that the application is more or less approved?

Ranger91

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon I ordered gcms notes back in December 2020 and it stated all stages passed and final approved. My medical expired in March 2020 and I called ircc and the indicated it had been extended for one year. I am fsw outland applicant, with the changes happening to Canada borders will they restart issuing copr to outland applicants that are not living in the US?

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon I ordered gcms notes back in December 2020 and it stated all stages passed and final approved. My medical expired in March 2020 and I called ircc and the indicated it had been extended for one year. I am fsw outland applicant, with the changes happening to Canada borders will they restart issuing copr to outland applicants that are not living in the US?
They hopefully will start issuing new copr for "outlands" later in the summer. At the moment they are issuing some (very few); living in US or not does not seem to make any difference right now.

Reactions: Ranger91

habibi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Every time I call, IRCC say they are severely understaffed. Is this a reality? I mean, do IRCC officers still work from home, are they vaccinated, did they experience mass layoffs ?
@legalfalcon would be very grateful if you or anyone could offer some insights

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
As soon as the travel restrictions are eased, IRCC will start issuing PPR / COPRs. As long as all your documents and your meds are valid, you just have to wait for things to open up.

Reactions: Ranger91

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Every time I call, IRCC say they are severely understaffed. Is this a reality? I mean, do IRCC officers still work from home, are they vaccinated, did they experience mass layoffs ?
@legalfalcon would be very grateful if you or anyone could offer some insights
That is true.

You can read more on the staffing issues in the various committee meeting on citizenship and immigration. https://www.ourcommons.ca/Committees/en/CIMM/Meetings

Also, recently in the federal budget IRCC was allocated additional resources for upgrading the IT infrastructure and hiring more people. https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/minister-mendicino-highlights-immigration-investments-in-budget-2021-in-support-of-canada-s-economic-recovery-824756611.html

Reactions: habibi123

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon - Can you pls suggest if there could be other checks/ steps pending or does this mean that the application is more or less approved?
“valid” here indicates, that the documents required for the specific stage are “legal, not expired, and accepted by IRCC,” and no further input is required by the applicant.

Based on the webform response you received, it seems that all stages including your eligibility is passed. To read on how to decipher webform responses. see https://bit.ly/2RK0W0m

mathnmusic

Star Member
Aug 12, 2019
Any comments on this?
Honestly, I wouldn't if I were you. What guarantee exists that your CEC application would be processed any faster? We can't be sure of it. If anything, I would say doing that would probably just make IRCC's work even harder, and they're already struggling with backlogs and staffing issues.

As long as your case is relatively straightforward, I'm optimistic towards applicants like us receiving our COPRs this year.

Fredlin

Apr 23, 2021
Hi I'm March 19 2020 and fsw Outland applicant . Have been calling IRCC almost every week for past 2 months, but there has been no progress or update on my file till date...any Outland applicants who has hot an update from IRCC?

vgjdfhj

Star Member
Sep 25, 2020
@legalfalcon My Aor is march 26, 2020 BCPNP EXPRESS ENTRY
I called the call center and the status is same from nov 2020 (everything passed and security not started).
Did they put my application on hold thinking that my spouse is outland but we are both inlands.
when will IRCC start clearing the backlogs.
I am so depressed and frustrated, don't know what to do.

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I submitted a webform last week, and got an update earlier today as follows:

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:
  • Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
Can anyone advice if there are any other checks etc that could still be pending? Or does this mean that the application is more or less approved and I just need to wait for things to move ahead with maybe a need for re-medicals? I havent requested for GCMS notes, so dont have exact details.

Any insights would be much appreciated.

FSW-O
Biometrics: 3rd March 2021
Medicals expired and not renewed yet.
I completed Biometrics on Feb 26. I checked a few weeks ago with IRCC and my background check was still not started. Criminality is completed. You can seem more details in signature. Seeing your status gives me confidence.
Which Visa Office is your application being processed at? Can I also know your AOR?
Mine is at Sydney, NS

shortgriaffe

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
I completed Biometrics on Feb 26. I checked a few weeks ago with IRCC and my background check was still not started. Criminality is completed. You can seem more details in signature. Seeing your status gives me confidence.
Which Visa Office is your application being processed at? Can I also know your AOR?
Mine is at Sydney, NS
check this thread, https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/inland-pnp-applicants-no-movement-in-application.712415/ a lot of the PNP applications are parked til eternity in Sydney.

Reactions: immicow

VishInd

Jul 23, 2020
Mine is at Sydney, NS
My AOR is 13th March. And the case processing center is Ottawa, Ontario.