+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

vamish14

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
Hello Vamish14. Do you how long did it take for the remed to be assessed/passed from the day you do the remed ? My wife did her remed on Apr 23, but it still says on the ivr that we have requested a medical request. Thanks in advance !
Hi, I didn't go for re-med, they automatically extend my medical on 19th April but still no good news (COPR) received.

Reactions: Rohan88g

Numwa

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Just received a web form reply for IRCC about medicals. The agent has stated that "The medicals on file have been extended" but on the web portal I still see "You do not need a medical exam". Is that normal? I was under the impression that when meds are extended the new date will show up.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Just received a web form reply for IRCC about medicals. The agent has stated that "The medicals on file have been extended" but on the web portal I still see "You do not need a medical exam". Is that normal? I was under the impression that when meds are extended the new date will show up.
Similar situation for me, I learnt about the extended medical via call. They said that on they will update on the portal later, since there are several steps involved.

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
How long did it take for you to get a reply through the webform?
I filed one last week. My medical is also expired. My AOR is March 12 2020. FSW-Outland(India)

Numwa

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
How long did it take for you to get a reply through the webform?
I filed one last week. My medical is also expired. My AOR is March 12 2020. FSW-Outland(India)
I submitted the webform on April 26th and got the reply today. So a week and a half. Previously it's also taken me 2+ weeks to receive a reply

Reactions: immicow

Numwa

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Just got off a call with an agent and she said my medical has not been extended! I'm so confused - webform reply says it was extended, agent on phone says not extended, web portal says "You don't need a medical exam".

@legalfalcon Can you share any info on which is more accurate? Is webform more accurate or talking to agent?

Last edited:

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
Just got off a call with an agent and she said my medical has not been extended! I'm so confused - webform reply says it was extended, agent on phone says not extended, web portal says "You don't need a medical exam".

@legalfalcon Can you share any info on which is more accurate? Is webform more accurate or talking to agent?
Did they answer questions about status of others things on your application like Security check, Info Sharing etc

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
So I received reply for my webform today. Here it is below :
"
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
"

It looks like a very generic reply. Nothing useful. May be I am missing something.
One of the line says : "All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment."
Does that mean something is moving? I was asking for the validity of my medicals now. I did not receive any reply for that question.

Can someone please check this out?

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
So I received reply for my webform today. Here it is below :
"
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
"

It looks like a very generic reply. Nothing useful. May be I am missing something.
One of the line says : "All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment."
Does that mean something is moving? I was asking for the validity of my medicals now. I did not receive any reply for that question.

Can someone please check this out?
From what I understand it just means that they have all the documents needed, at least for now. As for many other cases it is just a matter of waiting for an officer to pick up your file and process it.

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
From what I understand it just means that they have all the documents needed, at least for now. As for many other cases it is just a matter of waiting for an officer to pick up your file and process it.
looks like a generic useless response. I did ask them about medical and other stages of my processing, but they have comfortably ignored it. May be calling would be effective.

dbhatia27

Apr 5, 2020
Whether you resign or obtain a BOWP and resign, the issue is the same. As soon as you leave the employment your employer will revoke the offer as you are no longer working for the employer. You can't claim points for arranged employment and not meet the requirements for it. It can be either one or the other. Also, you cannot force an employer to give you a conditional offer when you are no longer working for the employer and have no intent to either.

If you can talk to the employer, and of the employer agrees to keep the offer open with "continuous full-time work in Canada having a duration of at least one year after the date on which a permanent resident visa is issued" then you need not worry.

If your offer is revoked, so will the clause for "continuous full-time work in Canada having a duration of at least one year after the date on which a permanent resident visa is issued" and will thus reduce your points.
Thanks @legalfalcon for clarification here.

Reactions: legalfalcon

Sunny0014

Aug 1, 2018
@legalfalcon: I have a question regarding travelling outside Canada while PR application is in progress.
Application Status: (CEC) march 2020 AOR (In progress)
Current Status: Open Work Permit valid till Jan 2022
i want travel outside of Canada (some personal health emergency) and wonder what would happen if i am issued CoPR while i am outside of Canada.
Will i be able to return to Canada on my work permit?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon: I have a question regarding travelling outside Canada while PR application is in progress.
Application Status: (CEC) march 2020 AOR (In progress)
Current Status: Open Work Permit valid till Jan 2022
i want travel outside of Canada (some personal health emergency) and wonder what would happen if i am issued CoPR while i am outside of Canada.
Will i be able to return to Canada on my work permit?
I have answered this at #351