+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
The criminality is based on your PCCs and the biometrics you provide. The fingerprints that you provide are processed by RCMP and the result is provided to IRCC.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

If your are exempt from biometrics, your previous biometrics will be used to process your criminality. It can take some time. Even if your criminality is in progress, it will not impact other stages, as they will continue to progress as normal.
If I may ask a clarification about the last sentence, my understanding is that security will not start until all previous phases are completed. If this is indeed true, being stuck in criminality would actually stall the application. My criminality has been in progress for more than a year now and according to my last call security did not start yet because of this.

Daniray10

May 4, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon and @caipsnotes . I ordered for gcms note for the first time and I got a 90 days extension. However, I raised a webform and I got the response below.

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

The eligibility is currently valid.
The security background verification is currently valid.
The criminal background verification is currently valid.

According to the above response, what can be deduced. Thanks in advance

Rohan88g

Star Member
May 22, 2020
cec jan 2020
Remedical passed 20 th april
Everything passed
File send from ottawa to local vo Etobicoke since 20 th april
Fingers crossed
How long did it take for the remed to be passed from the day you did the remed ? My wife did her remed on Apr 23, but it still says on the ivr that we have requested a medical request. Thanks I’m advance !

Rohan88g

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Does anyone know how long did it take for the remed to be assessed/passed from the day you do the remed ? My wife did her remed on Apr 23, but it still says on the ivr that we have requested a medical request. Thanks in advance !

Rohan88g

Star Member
May 22, 2020
I also have exactly same status, my re-medical was passed on 19th April and everything is passed too... called to IRCC and they said still application status is Open.

check with them by calling .. what’s your final application status.
Hello Vamish14. Do you how long did it take for the remed to be assessed/passed from the day you do the remed ? My wife did her remed on Apr 23, but it still says on the ivr that we have requested a medical request. Thanks in advance !

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon I ordered for gcms note for the first time and I got a 90 days extension. However, I raised a webform and I got the response below.

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

The eligibility is currently valid.
The security background verification is currently valid.
The criminal background verification is currently valid.

According to the above response, what can be deduced. Thanks in advance

Most likely your eligibility is passed or recommended passed.

“valid” here indicates, that the documents required for the specific stage are “legal, not expired, and accepted by IRCC,” and no further input is required by the applicant. See https://bitly.com

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
If I may ask a clarification about the last sentence, my understanding is that security will not start until all previous phases are completed. If this is indeed true, being stuck in criminality would actually stall the application. My criminality has been in progress for more than a year now and according to my last call security did not start yet because of this.

In most cases security will not start as security is the last and final stage. However, many application are stuck or have been put on hold. Also, in some cases even if the assessment from RCMP is in, it just hasn't been updated. See your GCMS notes to check of the assessment from RCMP is in.

If you are in Canada, the security is fairly quick process as you only have to under go record check. To read on security, see https://bit.ly/3uw1QvP

Reactions: matteosc

anonotterpanda

May 4, 2021
In the same boat. Submitted on March 4 2020. Here's my GCMS notes update (got it 2 months ago):

Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: In Progress
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: In Progress

Federal Skilled Worker category. This is just ridiculous.

Katatsukeru

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
If you claimed points for the current job from where you resigned, you should inform IRCC. It will have no impact as the application is locked the day it is submitted.

Just send a webform and inform IRCC that you no longer work with the employer and give the effective date.
Hello, if points are claimed for the EE score, can I quit the LMIA based job and then leave the country, without affecting the application (I.e. as an outland applicant)?

seems working in Canada doesn’t make you an inland applicant for FSW. It makes little difference in terms of processing time after having come to Canada to work?

Reactions: Melikaaaaaaaa

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello, if points are claimed for the EE score, can I quit the LMIA based job and then leave the country, without affecting the application (I.e. as an outland applicant)?

seems working in Canada doesn’t make you an inland applicant for FSW. It makes little difference in terms of processing time after having come to Canada to work?
Reg. 82 (1) In this section, arranged employment means an offer of employment that is made by a single employer other than an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada or an employer who is referred to in any of subparagraphs 200(3)(h)(i) to (iii), that is for continuous full-time work in Canada having a duration of at least one year after the date on which a permanent resident visa is issued, and that is in an occupation that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the NOC.

If you claimed points for arranged employment, and if you resign, your order of arranged employment may also be withdrawn. So make sure you ask you employer if he will continue to honour the offer for "continuous full-time work in Canada having a duration of at least one year after the date on which a permanent resident visa is issued"

Reactions: Katatsukeru

dbhatia27

Apr 5, 2020
Reg. 82 (1) In this section, arranged employment means an offer of employment that is made by a single employer other than an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada or an employer who is referred to in any of subparagraphs 200(3)(h)(i) to (iii), that is for continuous full-time work in Canada having a duration of at least one year after the date on which a permanent resident visa is issued, and that is in an occupation that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the NOC.

If you claimed points for arranged employment, and if you resign, your order of arranged employment may also be withdrawn. So make sure you ask you employer if he will continue to honour the offer for "continuous full-time work in Canada having a duration of at least one year after the date on which a permanent resident visa is issued"

@legalfalcon can you please elaborate on this. I have asked you previously similar question.

How as an employee we can make sure that employer honour this offer.

This is really a big nightmare. Don't know how to handle this.

I can either resign from current position and go back to home country.

Or once get BOWP, then can resign and start working somewhere else.

Pls guide

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon can you please elaborate on this. I have asked you previously similar question.

How as an employee we can make sure that employer honour this offer.

This is really a big nightmare. Don't know how to handle this.

I can either resign from current position and go back to home country.

Or once get BOWP, then can resign and start working somewhere else.

Pls guide
Whether you resign or obtain a BOWP and resign, the issue is the same. As soon as you leave the employment your employer will revoke the offer as you are no longer working for the employer. You can't claim points for arranged employment and not meet the requirements for it. It can be either one or the other. Also, you cannot force an employer to give you a conditional offer when you are no longer working for the employer and have no intent to either.

If you can talk to the employer, and of the employer agrees to keep the offer open with "continuous full-time work in Canada having a duration of at least one year after the date on which a permanent resident visa is issued" then you need not worry.

If your offer is revoked, so will the clause for "continuous full-time work in Canada having a duration of at least one year after the date on which a permanent resident visa is issued" and will thus reduce your points.