+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

jule1989

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
IRCC is taking their sweet time responding to webforms. I’ve submitted one in the begging of December and heard back in the end of January.
Did they answer your questions? Or was it a generic answer? Because they also took forever to answer my webform, and they just said it is still under processing (although i specifically asked about eligibility, criminality and security)

KitKat22

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
Did they answer your questions? Or was it a generic answer? Because they also took forever to answer my webform, and they just said it is still under processing (although i specifically asked about eligibility, criminality and security)
I spoke with IRCC agent for the first time back then and he told me everything is passed on my file aside of criminality. Agent told me it looks like case officer forgot about my application. He suggested me to mention that I have biometrics on file so officer can proceed with processing application further which I did. So basically, I didn’t have a question... just a reminder for the officer that biometrics were submitted. Response was something like we acknowledge that biometrics were submitted on Sept 22. Nothing else.

labataille16

Apr 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-03-2020
Hi everyone, I have been a silent follower on this thread. Just received my GCMS Note 2 days ago. Glad to share with you my details below.
So as per the GCMS note, my application has been approved since 16 Sep 2020.

However, my medical was expired 18 Feb 2021 (status in online portal is not changed yet - "You passed the medical exam"), so I guess that I have to wait for re-medical or extension. Also, upcoming 4 Jul 2021, my wife's passport will have less than 6 months of validity. Her passport will expire on 4 Jan 2022.

Given the current uncertainty in lifting travel restriction and issuing COPR, I am thinking of renewing my wife's passport and update via webform to IRCC, but not sure if this will affect the approval status, biometrics data, and any other things in the application.

Also, I have changed job since Oct 2020 (after I submitted my profile in Mar 2020). This new job NOC is different from the previous jobs' NOC (3yrs+ experience) that I claimed in my EE profile. Shall I update my new job to IRCC, and if yes, do they require Job Description, NOC and any other info?

@legalfalcon greatly appreciate your advise for my wife's passport situation and my new job, btw I am the main applicant. :)

-----
FSW Outland Applicant - CPC Ottawa
AOR - 2 March 2020
COR - Singapore

Medical - Passed 7 Apr 2020. Expired 18 Feb 2021
Biometrics - 16 Jul 2020
PPR: Not yet
COPR: Not yet

GCMS Note: (ordered 8 Dec 2020, received 18 Feb 2021)
Eligibility: Passed
Security: (blank)
Criminality: Passed
Final: Approved 16 Sep 2020
Group Name: CPCO COVID RFV

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi everyone, I have been a silent follower on this thread. Just received my GCMS Note 2 days ago. Glad to share with you my details below.
So as per the GCMS note, my application has been approved since 16 Sep 2020.

However, my medical was expired 18 Feb 2021 (status in online portal is not changed yet - "You passed the medical exam"), so I guess that I have to wait for re-medical or extension. Also, upcoming 4 Jul 2021, my wife's passport will have less than 6 months of validity. Her passport will expire on 4 Jan 2022.

Given the current uncertainty in lifting travel restriction and issuing COPR, I am thinking of renewing my wife's passport and update via webform to IRCC, but not sure if this will affect the approval status, biometrics data, and any other things in the application.

Also, I have changed job since Oct 2020 (after I submitted my profile in Mar 2020). This new job NOC is different from the previous jobs' NOC (3yrs+ experience) that I claimed in my EE profile. Shall I update my new job to IRCC, and if yes, do they require Job Description, NOC and any other info?

@legalfalcon greatly appreciate your advise for my wife's passport situation and my new job, btw I am the main applicant. :)

-----
FSW Outland Applicant - CPC Ottawa
AOR - 2 March 2020
COR - Singapore

Medical - Passed 7 Apr 2020. Expired 18 Feb 2021
Biometrics - 16 Jul 2020
PPR: Not yet
COPR: Not yet

GCMS Note: (ordered 8 Dec 2020, received 18 Feb 2021)
Security: (blank)
Criminality: Passed
Final: Approved 16 Sep 2020
Group Name: CPCO COVID RFV

Renewing the passport will have no impact. Instead, when IRCC is ready to send your the PPR, and you have a valid PP in file, it will be a walk in the park.

If you claimed points for your job that you left or are planning to leave, then you should inform IRCC. There is no required to send work reference letter or NOC etc. just a webform inform that you no longer work with the employer effective [DATE] and have move to [EMPLOYER].

The application is locked the day you submit it, any changes post submission do not impact your application. However, in case IRCC want to verify your emolument, they should be aware that you the employment declared is no longer you current employment.

If you see "Approved" on page 2, then your application has been approved, i.e. all stages have been passed. Status of your application on page 1 will be"OPEN," and will remain unless you are sent a PPR.

Many applications are in this state and have CPCO COVID RFV, which means that they are keeping your file on hold until the travel restrictions are eased.

Reactions: labataille16

labataille16

Apr 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-03-2020
Renewing the passport will have no impact. Instead, when IRCC is ready to send your the PPR, and you have a valid PP in file, it will be a walk in the park.

If you claimed points for your job that you left or are planning to leave, then you should inform IRCC. There is no required to send work reference letter or NOC etc. just a webform inform that you no longer work with the employer effective [DATE] and have move to [EMPLOYER].

The application is locked the day you submit it, any changes post submission do not impact your application. However, in case IRCC want to verify your emolument, they should be aware that you the employment declared is no longer you current employment.

If you see "Approved" on page 2, then your application has been approved, i.e. all stages have been passed. Status of your application on page 1 will be"OPEN," and will remain unless you are sent a PPR.

Many applications are in this state and have CPCO COVID RFV, which means that they are keeping your file on hold until the travel restrictions are eased.
Noted, thanks a lot @legalfalcon. So I will just proceed with the passport renewal and updates all information about employment to IRCC.

P.S: yes, I see "Approved" on page 2 and the status of my application on page 1 is "Open". Just praying for the covid situation to be improved so everybody will get their files processed!

Reactions: legalfalcon

Purva_J

Jan 17, 2021
AOR March 20 2020
Only eligibility passed
Vo Ottawa
What is happening in Ottawa VO?

Applied BOWP on feb 17 and next day feb 18 they approved my work permit for only three month until May 28th..

I paid $510 for me and my wife for only 3 month work permit so frustrating..
What can we do?

NazChou

Feb 20, 2021
Hi all, just received my GCMS notes after 2 months of long wait. Big changes since my last update (end November 2020). Security passed, File approved and medical extended to 6 more months. COPR initiated December 30th.
I am FSW outland AOR 8 March 2020.
In my account, still no update for the last 4 months. It seems like my file moved very quickly in the last week of 2020.

bgpatel

Star Member
May 7, 2019
March 18, 2020 AOR. CEC.
Bio submitted: 2nd Nov 2020
Eligibility: done (May 2020)

Nothing after till the date.Today got ghost update on profile.

Called last week for status:
Criminality: In progress
Security: done

I ordered gcms notes and raised webform 2 weeks ago. Does it trigger ghost update or it's indication of something happening on application?

Last edited:

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Hi all, just received my GCMS notes after 2 months of long wait. Big changes since my last update (end November 2020). Security passed, File approved and medical extended to 6 more months. COPR initiated December 30th.
I am FSW outland AOR 8 March 2020.
In my account, still no update for the last 4 months. It seems like my file moved very quickly in the last week of 2020.
Wow! That’s great to hear! May I know your VO? And is your COR - USA?

dbhatia27

Apr 5, 2020
I spoke with IRCC agent for the first time back then and he told me everything is passed on my file aside of criminality. Agent told me it looks like case officer forgot about my application. He suggested me to mention that I have biometrics on file so officer can proceed with processing application further which I did. So basically, I didn’t have a question... just a reminder for the officer that biometrics were submitted. Response was something like we acknowledge that biometrics were submitted on Sept 22. Nothing else.

What exactly he meant "case officer forgot your Application".

Is it a f*k joke? Is it like they forgot a file at home, which they have no track?

Their actions are deliberate, as they are answerable to none.

siji083

Dec 10, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-03-2020
AOR Received.
25-03-2021
Med's Done....
10-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2020
That’s really interesting, I’m also in your same situation. March Aor everything passed except Criminally (still under process), gave bio on October 2020. Can you kindly let me know what did you mention on your web form inquiry?, Bcz I’m also planning to do the same. Also could you please share if that worked for you and there was any movement on your file after the web form... Thanks

Feb 20, 2021
Hi everyone,

Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

Visa Office(s): Primary - Sydney, NS; Secondary - Ottawa, ON

AOR: March 20, 2020
Biometrics exemption updated: September 28, 2020
GCMS notes received: January 06, 2021
Medicals expiring: February 25, 2021
Info sharing: Complete
Criminality: In Progress (Recommended Pass by Agent per GCMS notes)
Security: Not started
Last human activity recorded on file (presumably): May 2020

I have been waiting to obtain my PR to be able to afford university at domestic tuition rates. Anticipating my PR decision by September 2020, I was hopeful that enrolling at U of T for the Fall 2021 semester was going to be a reasonable prospect. I have now lost this opportunity and will be sitting out of school for yet another year, although I am grateful for the fact that I am working full-time during this pandemic.

Reactions: Mariem Rita

PR2020

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
AOR March 20 2020
Only eligibility passed
Vo Ottawa
What is happening in Ottawa VO?

Applied BOWP on feb 17 and next day feb 18 they approved my work permit for only three month until May 28th..

I paid $510 for me and my wife for only 3 month work permit so frustrating..
What can we do?
What the the heck?! BOWP approved in a day and for just 3 months?! This whole delay is just a money grab and it's a shame.