+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

Techsojourn

Oct 15, 2020
NOC Code......
2171A
I can see a lot of people are frustrated. Let us not go into that mode. Next one month of holidays and Christmas season. Definitely there wont be much updates. Let us keep cheering each other up and hope new year brings us better news. In the time you are frustrated, think of what other things we can do (Network, read a book or just relax). We will get pr soon, happy holidays guys and keep updating.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Delay in GCMS.
I applied for GCMS notes on October 29th its been 46 days now. I'm inland. This is 2nd time I'm applying for GSMS notes, Last time it took only 15days..
I'm a bit concerned now.. bcz i have not received any emails from ircc informing me about an extension. @legalfalcon is this normal? the last time I spoke to an agent the criminality was still under process, gave my bio on Oct 23rd, as per the agent eligibility and security passed.

Also, anyone else here who has a similar experience?.. Thankyou
You are better off requesting the Gcms Notes next time around from CBSA instead of IRCC and more likely to receive the information on time or have less of a delay compared to IRCC. Same process and cost except that the consent form is different.

Techsojourn

Oct 15, 2020
NOC Code......
2171A
Hi All, I called IRCC and talked to an agent. Agent mentioned Eligibility, Security and Criminality also passed. But they are not sure when they will send final confirmation. It was criminality in progress for a long time. Today it was updated.

LORGG_0113

Dec 16, 2020
CEC Inland Applicant - Ottawa
AOR - 5 March 2020
Medicals - Passed 11 March 2020
Biometrics - Passed 15 Oct 2020
Criminality - Passed
Security - Not Started

My current status is closed work permit and planning to raise Bridge open work permit, my wife status is open work permit, once i moved to open work permit, Is my wife eligible to work? @legalfalcon please advise

Sktn

Dec 16, 2020
Guys please help me!

- My aor is march 16,2020
- Reached 100% completion sept 16 2020
- Biometrics oct 20

Eligibility: In review
Background: In review

And im still waiting, nothing has changed so far?????? Its all still in review. I’m in Toronto by the way.

Please help! Does this mean anything?
Thanks

RickSanchez

Jun 26, 2020
I am not expert on this but I think it shouldnt matter if you apply for any loan. I know one my friend applied for mortgage when his PR was under process and bought new house. PR procedure doesn't mention that you shouldn't apply for loan. As long as your proof of funds are intact then no issues.
thank you

RickSanchez

Jun 26, 2020
@legalfalcon I have to ask. You have been helping a lot of people in here. but why don't you help people that have questions other than related to getting gcmc notes? Don't get me wrong, nothing against you here, just curious from seeing your interest and replays.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
CEC Inland Applicant - Ottawa
AOR - 5 March 2020
Medicals - Passed 11 March 2020
Biometrics - Passed 15 Oct 2020
Criminality - Passed
Security - Not Started

My current status is closed work permit and planning to raise Bridge open work permit, my wife status is open work permit, once i moved to open work permit, Is my wife eligible to work? @legalfalcon please advise
YEs, as long as your spouse has a valid work permit and in status. Your spouse's work permit is based on your WP, so you may have to renew your spouse's work permit once you get your BOPW.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I have to ask. You have been helping a lot of people in here. but why don't you help people that have questions other than related to getting gcmc notes? Don't get me wrong, nothing against you here, just curious from seeing your interest and replays.

Do you research on the forum or just this thread, or just this page. Not sure what your assumptions are based on.

FYI: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/

I can only respond to questions where I am tagged or that are on the threads that I follow. I cannot go answering every question. Where I am tagged, I do respond. Also, some of the questions have been answered multiple time by me and other forum members. You can just use the search function on top right to get your answers. If a question is one that has been answered multiple times, I will not respond to it as it can be easily found on the forum by a simple search.

All the best!!

Last edited:

LORGG_0113

Dec 16, 2020
YEs, as long as your spouse has a valid work permit and in status. Your spouse's work permit is based on your WP, so you may have to renew your spouse's work permit once you get your BOPW.
Thanks @legalfalcon Can i apply for spousal work permit renewal along with my BOWP application itself or should i wait for my BOWP to get approved and then apply?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks @legalfalcon Can i apply for spousal work permit renewal along with my BOWP application itself or should i wait for my BOWP to get approved and then apply?
Yes, you can , bit the SOWP cannot be issued unless your BOWP is granted.

IgboQueenBee

Oct 18, 2020
Do you search on the forum or just this thread. Not sure what your assumptions are based on.

FYI: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/

I can only respond to questions where I am tagged or that are on the threads that I follow. I cannot go answering every questions. Where I am tagged, I do respond. Also, some of the questions have been answered multiple time by me and other forum members. You can just use the search function on top right to get your answers. If a questions is one that has been answered multiple times, I will not respond to it as it can be easily found on the forum by a simple search.

All the best!!
Boom... Mic drop! Legal falcon is the best thing since sliced bread. We shouldn’t feel any entitlement to his/her time or effort, since it’s done for free & willingly. @legalfalcon we are grateful for all the awesome work you do in answering all our questions. Xx