+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

hithere123

Jun 11, 2020
AOR April 14th. Inland CEC. Ottawa office
Biom exempted.
Biom updated as completed on Nov 13th.
COPR Nov 18th.

I actually only checked my account because I saw the biom fee was refunded to my bank account. Otherwise I wouldn't have seen the update.

Haven't received any emails or calls yet. Just that my cic account shows that it's approved.

Either I missed it or there's no updates in during these 7 seven. Had been radio silent besides my medical update in June
did you received any ghost updates?

Dean Wang

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
AOR April 14th. Inland CEC. Ottawa office
Biom exempted.
Biom updated as completed on Nov 13th.
COPR Nov 18th.

I actually only checked my account because I saw the biom fee was refunded to my bank account. Otherwise I wouldn't have seen the update.

Haven't received any emails or calls yet. Just that my cic account shows that it's approved.

Either I missed it or there's no updates in during these 7 seven. Had been radio silent besides my medical update in June
Hi, could you please advise which account has been refunded to? Chequing or credit?

EstherNnnanna

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
The logic is simple: the delayed cases are delayed, no matter is is 7 months processing or 17 months or 27 months. So once a case is delayed it is less likely to get prioritized since IRCC wants to keep the promise that 80% cases to be processed within 6 months.
@shomaro please what do you mean by delayed cases? Are there applications that IRCC tag to be delayed? If so, How can one know that their application has been tagged as delayed?
@legalfalcon please can you shed some light on this if you know anything about it?
Thanks!

Sachin007

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
@shomaro please what do you mean by delayed cases? Are there applications that IRCC tag to be delayed? If so, How can one know that their application has been tagged as delayed?
@legalfalcon please can you shed some light on this if you know anything about it?
Thanks!
There is no such thing as delayed case. A case takes more processing time due to factors like more medicals tests or some information taking more time to be verified. Once the case is with IRCC, they just can't stop working on it.

Also, no two cases can be same, so there is no comparison to be done. For instance, some cases might not have any travel history, some cases have travel history to many countries, so validation take time, even though they have the same AOR.

Just have patience, if you do not have any complexity is your case, it will be approved. Due to Covid, processing is slow.

EstherNnnanna

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
There is no such thing as delayed case. A case takes more processing time due to factors like more medicals tests or some information taking more time to be verified. Once the case is with IRCC, they just can't stop working on it.

Also, no two cases can be same, so there is no comparison to be done. For instance, some cases might not have any travel history, some cases have travel history to many countries, so validation take time, even though they have the same AOR.

Just have patience, if you do not have any complexity is your case, it will be approved. Due to Covid, processing is slow.
Your words are really comforting even though the wait has been killing. Thanks so much!

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
Thanks!
You are misinterpreting my words. What I mean is the case that has been delayed is already delayed.

usa2canada2021

Nov 11, 2020
Currently IRCC is extending COPR for anyone who cannot travel. If you cannot travel, or do not want to travel, you can inform IRCC, irrespective of where you live. IRCC will not extend your COPR, unless you have a definite date to travel. Pre-COVID, if you were unable to travel that showed your intent, but extensions were given on a case by case basis. Now due to COVID, IRCC cannot force anyone to travel if they cannot and have a valid reasons, including safety.

However, if you already have a lawyer, not sure why you are soliciting opinions here. Do as what your paid legal professional suggests.

Also not sure where you read that IRCC is will not extend COPR.

IRCC states:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html
Thanks @legalfalcon.
I checked below link and it says that IRCC won't extend COPR.
The link you sent is of 23rd October 2020 and the one I am sharing is 28th October 2020, so not sure if the rule changed in these 5 days?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/application-approved.html

Sachin007

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Thanks @legalfalcon.
I checked below link and it says that IRCC won't extend COPR.
The link you sent is of 23rd October 2020 and the one I am sharing is 28th October 2020, so not sure if the rule changed in these 5 days?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/application-approved.html
I dont think you need to apply for extension. IRCC site say u can travel with expired COPR once you have permanent plan to move.

Approved permanent resident applicants with expired COPR and permanent resident visa
If you’re outside Canada
If we approved your permanent resident application before March 18th, 2020 or you are exempt from the travel restrictions, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, or your documents have already expired, you don’t need to tell us until you’re ready to move to Canada and live here permanently.