Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
being very impatient right now since its been 8 months, should I apply for gcms notes @legalfalcon , on this tuesday when I called its same status as it was in July
eligibilty: recommeded passed
criminality: in progress
security: not started

biometrics done 27 October
The average processing times have increased. As per 2019 report the average processing time was 8-9 months, this was pre-cOVID.

You can definitely request GCMS notes. However, before that send a webform to know the status if your application.

see https://bit.ly/38UE6cJ

Also consider calling IRCC. If you can get a status, that would be great. However, since your eligibility has started, you will have a detailed eligiblity note in your GCMS. So requesting GCMS notes at this stage is not a bad idea either.

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.

Reactions: moody16

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
being very impatient right now since its been 8 months, should I apply for gcms notes @legalfalcon , on this tuesday when I called its same status as it was in July

Probably should to see why it's recommended at this stage, since you are inland you can request your Gcms Notes for free

moody16

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
This timeline gives me hope that we might get the PR approval this year. I wonder why wouldn't they update their processing time on the IRCC website to reflect this change? That would save them a lot of time and reduce application update requests from applicants.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
This timeline gives me hope that we might get the PR approval this year. I wonder why wouldn't they update their processing time on the IRCC website to reflect this change? That would save them a lot of time and reduce application update requests from applicants.
April, may, june guys are getting coprs faster. Its the feb march guys who are stuck!

moody16

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
April, may, june guys are getting coprs faster. Its the feb march guys who are stuck!
I think they are getting them per the 6 month timeline, probably because they were included in the biometrics exemption/able to give biometrics earlier in the application process than us. But who knows.

I'm still trying to understand IRCC's logic to be honest...

cck1986

May 8, 2020
YEs, this is normal. It simply suggests that the biometrics even though on file, have not been updated by the officer. This will change to the date when your biometrics were provided, i.e. June 14, 2020 and will then look like this:

If you do not see a change within the next 7-10 days, send a webform.
hi.. My biometrics were updated as above. But when I call IRCC they said officer has not reviewed it and hence criminality is pending.. It is more than 3 weeks since I gave bio.. So confused with the process..if mine is reviewed or not

cck1986

May 8, 2020
I don't think so.. Mine is in April and many of my friends in April waiting.. What u suspect is April guys would have crossed 6months timelines.. Hence they are not checking.. Again that's my guess.. Example.. It's been 3 weeks since I gave my bio and no one has seen it yet as per Ircc agent yesterda

nousername2020

Jul 24, 2020
I don't think so.. Mine is in April and many of my friends in April waiting.. What u suspect is April guys would have crossed 6months timelines.. Hence they are not checking.. Again that's my guess.. Example.. It's been 3 weeks since I gave my bio and no one has seen it yet as per Ircc agent yesterda
whats your VO?

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Yeah thats similar for everyone. They are overloaded with work!

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
I think they are getting them per the 6 month timeline, probably because they were included in the biometrics exemption/able to give biometrics earlier in the application process than us. But who knows.

I'm still trying to understand IRCC's logic to be honest...
The logic is simple: the delayed cases are delayed, no matter is is 7 months processing or 17 months or 27 months. So once a case is delayed it is less likely to get prioritized since IRCC wants to keep the promise that 80% cases to be processed within 6 months.

Reactions: moody16

moody16

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
The logic is simple: the delayed cases are delayed, no matter is is 7 months processing or 17 months or 27 months. So once a case is delayed it is less likely to get prioritized since IRCC wants to keep the promise that 80% cases to be processed within 6 months.
I see.

It does not sound fair to me, but who am i to say; just a poor PR applicant.

krushit_patel

Nov 5, 2020
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
10-03-2020

same status, biometrics 21st october

DashSat

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
From December Mid - I am sure most of them will be on leave.

So realistically we have less than a month this year to get the elusive COPR.

The thing that stings me is to go to implied status when I am paying enough taxes and can't get the benefits when there is of no fault of mine.

kate.tingchunlin

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
AOR April 14th. Inland CEC. Ottawa office. Biom exempted.
June 16th Medical Passed.
Nov 13th Biom Completed
Nov 13th Background Check Completed.
Nov 18th Application Approved.

There's no email or phone calls prior to this final update. I actually only checked my account because I saw the biom fee was refunded to my bank account. Otherwise I wouldn't have seen the update.

Haven't received any emails or calls yet. Just that my cic account shows that it's approved.

Last edited:

sivaraghu

Nov 16, 2020
Hello,
I received my AOR on March 29 and still did not get call for Biometrics, but so many of my friends who received their AOR later have received biometrics call. is there anything that I have to do, I tried calling IRCC and Service canada and they are unable to help.

Thank you!